Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I Need help finding a Japanese exporter who bought my Bay
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
420GOAT
Samba Member

Location: Wilmington, CA on a nice quiet street but still in the 'hood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: I Need help finding a Japanese exporter who bought my Bay Reply with quote

hello, back in July of 2008 i sold my bus to Japanes exporter who deals with busses and Porsche. I sent a release of liability to the DMV but surprise surprise they think i still own it and now want to garnish my wages for two years of registration. It is important i get this done quick, i have less than two weeks so if you guys can come up with any names in the Los Angeles area please drop some names as they may ring a bell. He was a taller Japanese guy in his late 40's i assume. i no longer have the info so im in a jam.....thanks for any help.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The Sage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't the bill of sale have his name?
420GOAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant find any of my paperwork, i save it in files but im bumbfounded as to where its now at.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMV doesn't go after non-registration. Has the bus been in an accident or tickets issued against it?
420GOAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
DMV doesn't go after non-registration. Has the bus been in an accident or tickets issued against it?

oh yes they do. if they think you still own the bus, theyll try to get their cash, its only been recent that they come so hard though. no tickets, its for registration as ive spoken on the phone to a rep.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow - I read the FAQ's on the DMV site. They now want your first born.

I just went on their website and filed the transfer of the Acura this week to the salvage auction.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know the VIN? Maybe a vin search would yield something on it?
Zeen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: I Need help finding a Japanese exporter who bought my Ba Reply with quote

420GOAT wrote:
..they think i still own it and now want to garnish my wages for two years of registration...

Wait a minute. You're not allowed to own a vehicle and just let it chill without registering it? I do that all the time here in Michigan. When you want to drive it you have to register it, pay fees and get plates, but if it's yard art or a project in the garage it costs nothing.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FAQ at the CA DMV does back up 420 Goat's story. They are passing deliquent registrations off to Franchise Tax to garnish wages. He has to prove he sold it and to whom when or he has to pay the fees then with the correct forms he can get off the hook next year. All this is, is one more attempt to get non-smogged and not running cars off the highway.

We used to see CHP motorcycles run down the traffic lanes at rush hour looking for expired tags. Now I know why we don't see it anymore. You are presumed guilty until proven innocent. This current Governor here is a dictator at heart.
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q: How do I stop collection on a vehicle that I no longer own?

A: If you no longer own the vehicle, you must complete and submit a Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability (REG 138) to DMV. The department will review the Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability (REG 138) to determine whether the late fees and penalties are to be collected from you (fees due before the date of sale) or collected from the new owner (fees due after the date of sale). Do one of the following:

* Complete and submit the Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability (REG 138) form online.
OR
* Download and print the Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability (REG 138) form, complete it, and mail it to the address below.
OR
* Call 1-800-777-0133 and request that a Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability (REG 138) form be mailed to you. When you receive it, complete it and mail it to the address below.

If you are mailing in the notice, mail it directly to:

DMV
Revenue Services Support Unit
Mail Station C140
PO Box 825341,
Sacramento, CA 94232-5341

If they have given you a notice that they will garnish your wages, the notice should have the vin. Also tell them that the notice of transfer was filed in a timely manner and that it was their responsibility to have processed it.

File a new transfer and release with the appropriate date and include the fact that the car has been exported. Put the ball in their court. Contact your district's elected official and/or the governor. What proof do they have that you still own and operate the vehicle? You have done your paperwork and they screwed up. Computers and the internet are your tools. Overwhelm them and find fault with them for not responding, but do not get angry.

Good luck
Aloha
tp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
420GOAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-i cant find any paperwork. Confused
-i did send a transfer of liability as i had the legit pink
-i cant just say i sent it they want proof... again.
kanniff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the dmv is sending u paperwork..the vin is on it.. print off a bill of sale and put a date,2 sigs and the vin on it and bring it to the dmv...?? Seems pretty easy to me
420GOAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok the fellows name is Kojiro Sakane. they call him Koji for short. he sells Porsche but dabbles in VW's...any help would be great.
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you have a name, perhaps you can put an ad on TheSamba and/or craigslist. If he is a regular you might get a response from him, someone who knows him, or someone who has dealt with him.

WTF
want to find

Aloha
tp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
420GOAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found out the guys info from a buddy that is fluent in Japanese and is familiar with japanese websites. so then i called the state tax board and gave them the date i sold it. thankfully i found this by looking in the gallery and when i bought my blue 69 and my deleted ads in respect to when i last updated the red bus. it was on the 10th i sold it. thats all i needed on the phone to get the process canceled. i still need to go online and submit a release of liability. thanks for all suggestions.
honeybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Powell wrote:
Now that you have a name, perhaps you can put an ad on TheSamba and/or craigslist.

Day late and a dollar short...

411.com give good results:

Kojiro Sakane Arcadia, CA Age 45

Barry sends
'78 Westy ... purchased 11 Dec 06 ($9,000); sand blasted/primered 7 Jan 07 ($1,200); body shop 3 Apr 07 ($2,000); paint shop 7 Nov 07 ($6,000); home 22 Apr 08; started TLC 28 Aug 08; got very first sign of life 8 Jun 2010; Run about 1,000 miles in Florida in May 2011; 1,600 miles road trip Orlando-Key West-Aldie Virginia 10-26 Mar 2020 (COVID-19 started)

Thanks for all the fish.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: