Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
There is a Franklin Mint Bus in the automobilia section Very Happy

Close enough, just make sure it's expected to bring $100K. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
WM971252 wrote:
There is a Franklin Mint Bus in the automobilia section Very Happy

Close enough, just make sure it's expected to bring $100K. Smile

I was only planning on bidding $45,000 so I may be outbid Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KKiley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

Wow, a 23 window reserve was 175,000 on Mecum today. Bidding hit like $110,000. That seller might be sitting on it a while to hit that reserve.

Click to view image
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

Any link?

Edit: This one I believe
https://www.mecum.com/lots/PJ0617-287925/1959-volkswagen-deluxe-23-window-microbus/

Nice looking Bus.
The gas pedal looks messed up to me - it has almost no travel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

The cheapest Sunroof Deluxe at Barrett-Jackson ever sold today. Only $125. It was one of the higher bids for any of the Franklin or Danbury Mint toys.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

Damn, all those fingerprints too, I wouldn't have paid that much!
Very Happy
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

At least the door stayed on when he struggled to open it Very Happy
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

Beautiful white over blue '68 Ghia coupe coming up shortly.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

Two bug verts just went across the block - a '72 for $9K, and a '67 for $12k.

The announcers made all kinds of mistakes. One was regarding the irs rear, another about where the fuel filler went to in '68 - not the fender, as he said, and he called the '67 over-rider bumpers 'non-over-rider' bumpers.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

Here comes a '70 Beetle.

He has the bumper over-rider terms confused again.

$7,500, including surfboards.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

The Ghia went for $16k.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

Lightly modified '63 Beetle - $9,500.

And '63 wasn't the last year of the smaller side glass. Confused
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

Last car of the televised portion of the auction, a '79 bug vert - and they ended coverage before the auction ended. Jerks.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

I missed the beginning of the televised portion off the auction so am catching the first rerun now.

Coming up soon is a red '56 type 1 sedan with black tail light housings and a roof rack. Beautiful car.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

The '56 went for $11k.

Metal flake red paint. Not pristine, but very pretty.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

the cars you have listed were nice in person...about on par with what people here call "restored"

at those prices, there is zero sense to fix one....you couldn't build any of those cars at the prices they sold for

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
A bug vert went across the block a '67 for $12k.

I wonder if the new owner realized that it had a 68 and up door/handle on the passenger side, and the correct 67 on the left?
It also had a crappy rattle can resto under the hood, and a homemade washer bottle. Rolling Eyes

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by stale air on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:

The announcers made all kinds of mistakes. One was regarding the irs rear, another about where the fuel filler went to in '68 - not the fender, as he said, and he called the '67 over-rider bumpers 'non-over-rider' bumpers.

I just saw the rerun, how do they make these mistakes?!?!? One of them even said early bug owners were swapping to newer bumpers or something like that, maybe I have it backwards, but I think he said it the way I typed and I've never heard of that. And that '67 was nice, but what was going on with that washer bottle? And he said you could get a set of bumpers for $150 Shocked Laughing you can't even get the bad ones for that cheap! And the hood on the '67 doesn't look like it closes Rolling Eyes
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:

I just saw the rerun, how do they make these mistakes?!?!? One of them even said early bug owners were swapping to newer bumpers or something like that, maybe I have it backwards, but I think he said it the way I typed and I've never heard of that. And that '67 was nice, but what was going on with that washer bottle? And he said you could get a set of bumpers for $150 Shocked Laughing you can't even get the bad ones for that cheap!

You dont have anything backwards. They said all that lame incorrect info. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc. Reply with quote

Which announcer, the one on the block or the TV guy (s).....

The TV guys are filling time and it is tough to be an expert on all the cars that go over the block. The announcer on the block.... He is just reading the text the seller provide. Then there is the auctioneer that remembers one piece he heard.

I do agree the TV guys should shut up but again if you just listened to the action without them it would make bad TV. The TV block guy I never saw off the block so he never saw the cars before and of course the other "issue" is in the preview area unless the owner is there everything is closed up.

It is interesting to see the difference in "marketing" of the sellers. There was one car that had a crew handing out flyers with info and talking to potential buyers and of course the normal show sign with info. Then there is the others that won't even detail their car cause "they are supposed to do it". They are detailing the cars but if your car is going up on Saturday they aren't getting to it till they get the ones in front of you done.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Jump to:
Page 23 of 28

Jump to: