Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Info on 1.8t power potential!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dredward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

syncrodoka wrote:
Nope, your van was too fast for me. Wink
I love fast/powerful cars but I get into trouble with them. Twisted Evil

I really like that truck. I was sooo close to buying it before him but I am glad he got it. Very Happy

I do too Mario... The r32 has blown alot of good job ops for me.......They've done alot of good work on that truck!!!!!!
a914622
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not mine but i thought id pass on the info from the C/L this morning. 1500.00 for everything? good deal?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/1974362096.html
dredward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a914622 wrote:
Not mine but i thought id pass on the info from the C/L this morning. 1500.00 for everything? good deal?

Prob with this is it's not transvers engine(awp being prefered). it also missing alot of smog goodies like charcoal canister, evap pump, and who knows what else. He also isn't includeing the instrument cluster, drive by wire/gas peddle, key fob, etc.... I also don't like the fact it has over 100k miles either(even though a well maintained engine should go for well over 200+K miles...
In these situations(swaps) it a way better idea to find as whole a car as possible. This keeps you from haveing to source alot of expensive dealer only smog items. The nxt best thing is finding a specialized wrecker who knows exactly whats needed to swap this engine into what ever car yer putting it in. However a complete donar is the way to go....
Beetsport Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dredward wrote:
a914622 wrote:

Prob with this is it's not transvers engine(awp being prefered). it also missing alot of smog goodies like charcoal canister, evap pump, and who knows what else. He also isn't includeing the instrument cluster, drive by wire/gas peddle, key fob, etc.... I also don't like the fact it has over 100k miles either(even though a well maintained engine should go for well over 200+K miles...
In these situations(swaps) it a way better idea to find as whole a car as possible. This keeps you from haveing to source alot of expensive dealer only smog items. The nxt best thing is finding a specialized wrecker who knows exactly whats needed to swap this engine into what ever car yer putting it in. However a complete donar is the way to go....

There are plenty of wrecked Jetta/Golf's out there with the AWP engine code.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dredward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vweggie wrote:
Slight Hijack: I'm researching prices locally for a 1.8T AWP and they seem to be about $2000 CAD for the engine with the harness, gas pedal, ecu etc. Does that seem reasonable? These are motors from people parting out vehicles.

Make sure you get things like the charcoal canister and eintire evap system if you live in Cali....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: