Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: cfri2899
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 22, 2023
mstephens28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Bait and Switch and then refusal to make it right Reply with quote

I have bought a lot of parts via thesamba classifieds and have never been nearly this disappointed. To add insult to injury, the seller just updated the ad on 08/23/15. It still contains the exact same photos of the parts that the seller is claiming that he sent me. Interestingly they also raised the price...I paid $120 plus shipping for a total of $132. Please see the below.

The ad (updated 08/23/15 and unchanged, except for the fact that they raised the price, from the one that I responded to in order to buy the parts):
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1221183

Photos of the parts as posted in the ad (in case they delete or alter the ad):
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Photos of the actual parts I received:

My emails exchanged with Johnny:

Aug 19
Hello Johnny,

I received my reverse lights today. I'll be honest with you and say that I'm not happy with them. I don't believe they are the same pair posted in the photos, and they are not nearly as nice. I feel that this was misleading because the ad says 'what you see is what you get.' I'm not sure where to go from here. I have bought a lot of things this way on thesamba and have never been quite this disappointed. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Micah

Aug 19
I'm very sorry you feel this way I will be meting with the shop either friday or saturday and I can explain to Lewis whats going on. can you please send pics of the lights so I can show him and he can see for himself what they look like. Again very sorry about this. - Johnny

Aug 20
Thanks for the reply Johnny. Attached are pictures of the ones I received. The chrome and rubbers are very worm/blemished and they are all-around dirty. The ones pictured in the ad look so nice and clean that they could easily pass for NOS. I understand that these were not advertised as NOS, but I was led to believe that I was buying the pair pictured, and that is not what I received. The ad also states that he takes a lot of pride in cleaning his parts...again, this was not the case here.

Thanks,
Micah

Aug 21
Ok im going to have to go to the shop to ask about this on saturday I wanted to try today but it seems like I will not have enough time today. I'm very sorry about that but i just wanted to let u know I havent forgot about u

Aug 21
Ok thanks Johnny.

Aug 22
I showed Lewis the pictures you sent me and he is Very posative that those are the same exact lights. the only thing is they have been sitting around the shop for a while and we were busy boxing up items and he forgot to polish them. One quick polish they will look exactly like the pictures on the ad we have up. I'm so sorry that they look like that n feel for your frustration.

Aug 22
Johnny,

There is absolutely no chance that the pair I received is the pair pictured in the ad. The overall condition is drastically different to include the condition of the chrome, rubbers, lenses, and bulb holders. Further evidence is that the pair I received has only one, shiny, longer, aftermarket screw protruding through the back of the bulb-holders, while the pair in the ad has at least 3 of these that are visible. The pair I received also has bulbs fitted while the one in the ad does not.

I could continue to point out additional differences, but I feel that I have spent enough time on this already. I'm very disappointed that you guys are still claiming that I received the pair pictured in the ad, and that the only difference is "one quick polish," when that is clearly not the case.

I'll also note that this ad was originally posted in November 2011. Given the circumstances, this leads me to believe that the ad contains "stock" photos of a very nice pair, while in reality, you ship out whatever pair you have in stock.

I'm not going to engage in any further back and forth. If you guys want to refund my paypal in the next day or two I will ship the parts back. Otherwise I'll chalk this up to a $132 learning experience and document this in the feedback complete with our emails and the photos of the ad/actual parts received.

Thanks,
Micah

Aug 23
I'm sorry I will speak to Lewis again either later today or monday.

***Today is 08/26 and that was the last I heard from them. At this point it's more about the principle to me than anything. Needless to say I won't be doing business with these guys again.***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys still around? I have emailed them a dozen time in the last two months and have received no reply.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djporsche wrote:
These guys still around? I have emailed them a dozen time in the last two months and have received no reply.

I see their email changed to [email protected] but they posted some ads yesterday so I would assume yes.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawntell sold me an excellent 010 distributor at a fair price. Got it in record time too. Great dealer.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note that I noticed the current email for this account is not working
[email protected]

At this point they have also not used the site since October 17, 2015 so they may be unavailable at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thing3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

Won't get my Biz with their actions. I will not do business with anyone who raises the price 25% between the time I ask for pics to "ok I am coming to get them" the next day.

I got 4 very good Crows Foot from 2 very good guys instead.
vgvvv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

GREAT COMMUNICATION - REALLY FAST SHIPPING!

THANK YOU
JonSolo74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

Untrustworthy in my opinion. I sent an email @ 1:35pm yesterday to buy some license plate frames from cfri2899 for $400. I received an email back from the "internet admin" explaining that they have been sold. So I check the ad again to see if it had been deleted. Surprisingly, it wasn't. As a matter of fact, the ad was renewed @ 1:51pm and edited @ 3:55pm. Nothing changed in the ad, including the pictures, except the price now is $500! I was told by the "internet admin" that this was another set re-posted. Shady business practices if you ask me. I do not recommend. Here's the link to the ad-
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1297302
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

JonSolo74 wrote:
Untrustworthy in my opinion. I sent an email @ 1:35pm yesterday to buy some license plate frames from cfri2899 for $400. I received an email back from the "internet admin" explaining that they have been sold. So I check the ad again to see if it had been deleted. Surprisingly, it wasn't. As a matter of fact, the ad was renewed @ 1:51pm and edited @ 3:55pm. Nothing changed in the ad, including the pictures, except the price now is $500! I was told by the "internet admin" that this was another set re-posted. Shady business practices if you ask me. I do not recommend. Here's the link to the ad-
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1297302

I doubt it's another set since no photos were changed in the ad.
jakauffman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

Alex:

Last summer I bought some exhaust manifolds from you. Due to financial
restraints, I couldn't put them on until now. However when my
mechanic tried to put them on (who has worked on VW busses for over 30
years), he said the exhaust manifolds were not the right size and had
been "repaired", so they don't fit.

I would like to return the exhaust manifolds, as they are basically
unfit to put on my bus, though you said "they look to be in great
shape." I would like to send a request to refund the price without
shipping ($180) on PayPal. Of course I would be willing to ship them
back and pay for shipping myself. Thank you for your understanding.
Feel free to call if you prefer.

jordan
972-922-8305
jakauffman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

Seller sold me exhaust manifold in "good condition" for $180 but failed to mention they had been poorly repaired and were resized so it didn't even fit on my bus. $180 and no returned emails later and I have nothing to show for it. Seller doesn't even respond to me, so it seems they want to avoid a refund for a defective product. DON'T BUY FROM THEM!
woodfloor1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

Just bought a early bus clock from cfri2899 communication was great and clock was in very nice condition. Would do business again thanks again for the nice clock for my samba!
ImConfused666
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

Same as everyone else. This guy was great. He shipped the part quickly and it was well wrapped to ensure it arrived in great condition. It was a fresh air box pulled from a '71 super bug and looks to be a perfect fit for my '72. Great e-mail communications too. I'd buy parts from him in the future without hesitation.
Michael Rogers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

Not same as everyone else, this is bullshit. He posts an ad, you respond and say you will take it. Michael (Lewis's agent) answers back and says that he will get back to you with a shipping quote then the next day you notice that the price in the ad has gone from $350 to $500. I email Michael (Lewis's agent) and he says it's a typo. Michael (the agent) says I can contact Lewis and so I call....no answer and no answering machine either.
Ban this guy he is playing games.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

I let him know once that an ad had incorrect info.
He replied... was a dick... then updated the ad.
(added to my "ignore ads from this seller" list)
Michael Rogers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

So I actually got a hold of Lewis today and he flat out told me that the reason the book went from $350 to $500 overnight is because all of the interest in the book and that he wanted more money. He said is going to rip my face off if he ever sees me in person, what a douche.

Ban this piece of Sh*@
marina feronika
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

I bought this item http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1273471 for $130 + $45.75 (shipping cost) + $7 (paypal fess) from michael kendall. He said he already send it on december 9th, 2016, but till now I still not receive the package. Now I wonder did he really send it? Since the ad still active. I am really disappointed with this seller.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

I deactivated the ad and emailed him about your issue
marina feronika
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

I asked michael to refund my money but still no response from this seller. Please don't buy anything from this guy, he can not trusted!
Cabriothusiast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Carter / Lewis Reply with quote

Bought Bumper Guards from Lewis (Michael) August 25th and as of now 2 weeks and waiting. I have emailed and PM him with NO replies. Now I've called him and he says he mailed them. We will see. Seems like waiting over two weeks to travel the whopping distance of 40 miles is unreasonable. Things over there have changed over the years.

Right now I'd say AVOID, AVOID AVOID BUT I WILL UPDATE THIS POST IF THEY ARRIVE.

If you have an issue with Lewis, call him at 805-643-2636

We don't need this kind a seller on the Samba. It has always been and should remain a safe place based on honor where we enjoy our hobby without getting ripped off.

Todd/Cabriothusiast
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: