Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1975 Basic Bug 110
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
19VDuB68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

HFOAIE wrote:
19VDuB68 wrote:
My 110 has been converted to carburetor. What exhaust is recommended? Can I get something like the single muffler it has on it but a little more grunt?
If you want the exhaust pipe to exit in the stock location, I think your best bet is to start with a stock FI muffler, and have it customized at a muffler shop. Otherwise, a regular extractor exhaust will work on a carbureted engine.

Any recommendations? I actually am not stuck on it if I can get a better setup single or duals. Would that look bad?
HFOAIE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

19VDuB68 wrote:
My 110 has been converted to carburetor. What exhaust is recommended? Can I get something like the single muffler it has on it but a little more grunt?
If you want the exhaust pipe to exit in the stock location, I think your best bet is to start with a stock FI muffler, and have it customized at a muffler shop. Otherwise, a regular extractor exhaust will work on a carbureted engine.
alexands
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

wow, another miami blue 110! I have one I just got the body off of to do the pans.

yours is beautiful!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
19VDuB68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

vwfreek61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

chicagovw wrote:
@vwfreak, what are your plans for the car? Are you going to do a period correct restoration?

I haven't decided yet. I did get it running though, it drives well enough to move it around the yard now. I have too many other projects to take on a full restoration, I'll probably just patch the holes and drive it.
1987 Vanagon Westy w/Subaru EJ25 and reversed 4EAT
chicagovw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

@vwfreak, what are your plans for the car? Are you going to do a period correct restoration?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfreek61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

I just picked up this 1975 Model 110 Bug. It has 89,000 original miles. I bought it from the second owner, who had it since 1980. It's been off the road for about 30 years, and the last time he had it running was about 5 years ago. It's got some rust, but not bad for a Wisconsin car. The seat covers are pretty rough too. The front was hit once and repaired, so it's missing the black front bumper and has chrome hood latch and headlight rings. Other than that, it looks like it has most of the 110 specific parts.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1987 Vanagon Westy w/Subaru EJ25 and reversed 4EAT
CaptainHaddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

CaptainHaddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

This one has a carbureted 1600 in it, does anyone know what the Canadian 110 came standard with in ‘75.

It’s the cleanest most rust free beetle I’ve ever owned am quite excited to find it. The fellow I bought it from has done a nice job on it.

Last edited by CaptainHaddock on Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaptainHaddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

I recently purchased this ‘75 110, it is rust free and relatively complete. The rear fenders/taillights have been changed somewhere along the line, the seats are recovered, and the rims are probably not original, or painted and missing the black caps. But the rest seems pretty correct.

[/img]
HFOAIE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

Prosdn wrote:
I have a 18,000 mile red 1975 110 , the gentleman upgraded wheels when bought , it has original German tires on it . He did change headliner to a full one , I have 3 door panels missing one rear one and seats need redone they stored stuff on them , sewfine has houndstooth but not exact size . Has anyone ever found matching interior. Most of the car is original paint . Any help would be appreciated was there very many sold.
Long ago, I gave Sewfine a small sample of original houndstooth material, so if they can't match it, then it must not be available anywhere. The similar cloth would be for a Camaro. No one has found stats on the number of Basic 110's sold. The vinyl on the door panels might be found at Jo Ann Fabrics. It's the same stuff that was used on the '73 Porsche 911 RSR. Guard that dash pad; they don't reproduce that.
Prosdn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

I have a 18,000 mile red 1975 110 , the gentleman upgraded wheels when bought , it has original German tires on it . He did change headliner to a full one , I have 3 door panels missing one rear one and seats need redone they stored stuff on them , sewfine has houndstooth but not exact size . Has anyone ever found matching interior. Most of the car is original paint . Any help would be appreciated was there very many sold.
HFOAIE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

I've been noticing that there are a lot of people who don't know all the things I take for granted. Here's a big one. In 1971, when the Super Beetle got extra deluxe trim, and the regular beetle got sub-deluxe trim, sub-deluxe included no passenger foot rest, felt carpet on the firewall and inner fenders and tunnel, no insulation on the floor, and rubber floormats. It's the exact same setup that the Basic 110 has. . . . . . . . . . No wait; what I say is completely true for '73 and later because '73 was the advent of the new seat frames, but I'm unsure of how sub-deluxe looked in '71 and '72.
Billyp7999
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:53 am    Post subject: Radio trim Reply with quote

How come I can’t find the trim piece for my oem radio? I have looked everywhere.
cjsuner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

Might just be best to get a new instrument panel instead.
But if you aren't going to use those VDO gauges, i'd be interested in some of them for sure!
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guy's! I missed your posts when you first replied. I'll be having some more fun searching for correct pieces for this car.

My dash is going to be a challenge to bring back to stock. It's fitted with a set of VDO gauges and has a BMW radio installed. I don't have a picture that shows my full dash. I'll be grabbing some pics in the next couple of weeks now that the weather is warming up. Here's a pics of my partial dash.

[/img]
19super73
Hardcore Stock Nazi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

mrmdls wrote:
I just bought a Basic Bug that I'm going to be going thru and I'm wondering about the houndstooth seat fabric. I have a tear in the fabric on the back of the front seat, and underneath the fabric is vinyl. is the vinyl under all the fabric or just parts of the seat?

Also, I took a picture of the door card with the plastic fasteners in case anyone might want to see what the fasteners would look like. I don't know for certain if the door panel is original, as a prior owner added speakers and a board for a door card to mount the speakers.

[/img]

That houndstooth isn't the correct type for the 110.
1973 Super Beetle
1973 Westfalia [url=https://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-31892.png]Click to view image[/URL]
1974 412 Variant
1975 La Grande Bug
1984 Vanagon
HFOAIE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

I blew up the mirror, and I can see those are numbers from 0 to 100. Thermometer, alright.

Considering all the other (incorrect) chrome in the picture, I wouldn't even expect those turn signals to be original. And I've never seen that gray on any chrome or black. I'm guessing they really are plastic, with all the original chrome worn off. The black plastic around the mirror makes it aftermarket anyway.

Starting in '71, only Super Beetles had chrome on the running boards.

PO has obviously replaced the headlight rims and the steering wheel.

As you missed in this post, the dash pad is one year one model only. If you have holes for ventilation knobs under the radio, you're screwed. As far as the speedo and grills, 1975 began an EGR light on the speedo, and the horizontal strip between the vertical grills was wider. In the dictionary post that leads to this post, there's a partial picture of the important features of the dash pad.

Seatbelt interlock was only tried in '74.
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

That would make perfect sense, something to look at when it's warmer! Never know what people will put on for decor.
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1975 Basic Bug 110 Reply with quote

I wonder if that is some stick on thermometer actually.

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: