Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bay Window hunting History
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
orangebug60guy
Twin #1

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
Good score Jack !! How did you come to find it ??

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I have to see more pics of that ^^^ cab divieder ??
Oh yea, it was the fuel pump rod, not the fuel pump on the '66...... Evil or Very Mad

I was driving a friend home from the local brewery and there was a restored bay window for sale. Stopped and asked if he had parts. Turned out it was a whole bus. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Went on a Blind VW Hunt from a CL ad, I was way too impatient for a call back, Embarassed that Bay was the only thing I could have any intrest in, and it was toast...
They some Type 3 wagons and Fat chick Bugs, not my kind of thing, got top drive the Single 100 Miles of back roads..... Laughing

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
spencersk8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

With orange camo bush beer cans in hand...We tracked the beast to Selma. With foggy recollections as to quardinates of the location of the beasts last sighting, the hunt was on. Damn thing jumped right outta the bushes at me but my blocker took the old girl down with little fight.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Finally snagged the '74 I've been stalking for a few years, put a good battery in it & some Gas, fired right up !!

Now for sale.....

My Pops:
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'86 Doublecab W/T
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

Finally snagged the '74 I've been stalking for a few years, put a good battery in it & some Gas, fired right up !!

Now for sale.....

Looks good for VT!! Go Tom Go!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buffalovebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

I got this 72 Bus for free!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

1970 Safaré camper!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Cool highroof Mr. White !! Does it have that "homey" smell of Mouse piss & Patchouli ? Laughing Laughing
Was the Stove:

Was the stove ^^^^ mounted on top of the Icebox ??

Buffalovebus, nice score ! The reason it was free: it's a '72 Laughing Laughing Wink

My Pops:

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'86 Doublecab W/T
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Stove is on top of the ice box. Got lucky, zero stinky hippy and rodent pizz, or remnants. Full of yellow jackets though. Got hairy at times with those bastards!
FOE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Took me a few days of random reading, but this is one of my favourite threads!
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

mr white wrote:
1970 Safaré camper!

Cool! Lots of Safare's coming out of the wood works lately.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MystixVintageCruisn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

I love this thread it's so motivational.. I've been so down about my Bus but this really gives me some hope. Thank you for this!
Stoney Hawk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

One less so69 westy going to waste.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Likes Girls wrote:
One less so69 westy going to waste.

Dancing
Nice save! Looks like a keeper.

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
Stoney Hawk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Another one on the trailer. 1969 Riviera
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

This was actually on thursday. Ive been trying to find decent doors for my 73 bus for a few years, i had one guy with "cherry" doors from New Jersey flake out on me, supposedly the transportation fell through, another guy send me alot of photos and i got what appeared at first to be a good set of doors, but i didnt realize that its not just the lower front corner that rots out, its the seal lip area, which i could poke my finger though, and there was alot of rot hiding under the primered areas

I could literally bend the entire lower lip with my fingers

So, after seeing many ads across the country for "rot free" doors, made the trek to Johns Car Corner in Vermont.

this was pretty dank, he runs it as a work truck (he informed me it is NOT for sale)

and i know this is technically the wrong forum, but he had ALOT of beetles, a ghia, and several vanagons out front, including this gem..I kinda like the harlequin look!

Well, John had just gone to pick up lunch for his crew, but i was kindof dissappointed at first, because all it looked like he had was what was out front, and there was only a few bays with pretty rotted doors..

Until he opened the side yard for me, and there were two buses with pretty bad doors..and it was kind of a labyrinth of vanagons fullof parts..

and this! which "might" be for sale"

well, then he took me out back, and he said..there two single cab bay buses in there

(this photo was from after i pulled a door out)

the lower level of the weeds was about 2 feet over my head...

I felt like i was in this movie:

Link

I kinda stomped down a bunch of weeds, found the single cabs, but i could just feel the front and tell they were junk. (both of them were wrecked and one had no top at all)

So im like "dammit..4 hour round trip for nuthin'"

then i saw a glimmer

At this point, SuperJenn and John were in the field and he said to her "Well, I keep starting to get worried, but then i hear somethign, and i can see the topmost weeds moving"

and i found this (after alot of thrashing about, kinda like a gorilla or Panda making a nest)

more clearing

and i eventually found 4 decent looking doors,

and after alot of angst, i finally settle don two..they need work, but better than anyThing i have..Might have to name the bus Ms. Green Doors

I was completley covered in stains from those purple berries Jenni tells me not to eat

and then we looked though his extensive collection of memorabilia..this sign is from a dealership the baseball player Reggie Jackson used to own

John on left, SuperJenn (as opposed to skillz "white trash Jenni" single cab)

So, anyone in new england, its a bit of a hike, but hes got ALOT of parts. Some of it is returning to the earth, but alot of it is still really solid, especially for new england

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Charles, there's Reggie's Repair and Salvage (https://www.facebook.com/Reggies-Repair-and-salvage-VWAudi-206989549351126/ ) up here by me (Waterford) that is supposed to have a barn of parts, I know he has at least a couple of bays out in the field next to his shop. I haven't made the trip to visit yet - sad cuz it's only about a mile from my house - but let me know if you want me to check something out or if you come up to do it yourself and we can get together for lunch or something.
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Cool, maybe next month? I cant think of anything off the top of my head (now that ive finally got some decent doors), but theres always something

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Yarkle wrote:

So, after seeing many ads across the country for "rot free" doors, made the trek to Johns Car Corner in Vermont.

John's is awesome, I try to get up there once or twice a year. Him and his helper, can't remember his name right now, are really cool guys. I've never been in the side yard, maybe next time I go up. He got me some NOS '67 hubcaps from his attic which was pretty sweet.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Yarkle wrote:
Cool, maybe next month? I cant think of anything off the top of my head (now that ive finally got some decent doors), but theres always something

I'm going try to go over there in the next few weeks, need to see if they have a few things I need plus everyone I run into tells me I need to go up there. There's a surprising number of old VWs in this area. I see 3-4 Vanagons regularly, a sweet split DC when the weather is nice, there's a blue Square I see in a driveway but never running, and a couple of Manx clones that come out in the summer. I'll let you know what I discover Smile

We're not that bad of a drive (still in York, right?), up 95 to Gray, then 26 over to Oxford, or jump off at Portland then 302 to Bridgton, grab 35\37 and less than 2 hours drive (as long as the beaches are empty). Can skip paying LePage his blood money and run Rt 4 up to 5 through Fryeburg to Stoneham, that's about 2 hours but a bit more scenic.
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Jump to:
Page 86 of 100

Jump to: