Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bay Window hunting History
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I stopped and checked out my friend's new '79 Westy, she found just sitting in a driveway in southern Vt., been there 10 years, she made an offer, and brought it home........

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

1971 sunroof dlx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Cool
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Just scored this 1978 champagne edition bus just around the corner clean rust free bus Cool

53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
riva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

mtnbus wrote:

1971 sunroof dlx

Excellent.
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

^^thank you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
icekoffee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

I just scored these two trucks from a friend of mine. They were both build on the same day, 259 buses apart from each other. They also have matching m-coded options were exported to St. Louis. I am pretty stoked to have them and have already started compiling parts to get them on the road.

My daughter was almost as stoked as I was

1958 Patina Beetle EJ25
1984 Vanagon Westfalia EJ25
1964 Lifted Mouse Grey Standard
1967 21 Window
1968 Double Bubble
1969 Westfalia
1961 Ragtop Beetle
1984 GTI
1961 Kombi
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Nice score! Baywindow trucks really are the best.
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

way cool

congats!
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

In Ohio, we melt cars with salt brine. Finding an OG paint Bay Bus is not an everyday experience. This was a good day. Cool

SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

That underside looks super clean.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

That is a pretty solid bus honestly.

I found one near me a couple years back that is very similar in condition, and the same color combo. Might have to give the guy a call again. Thanks for the reminder Wink
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

that one looks "southwest" dry !

nice catch
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

That is pretty good for an Ohio Bus, do you know the history of it?

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Supposedly it spawned in Utah. Got dragged to Ohio at some point, where it has sat, robbed for parts and otherwise disrespected waiting for redemption.

Here's the thing. It sat for years and years and years in Ohio, in a parking lot backed up against the wall of a building, watching the world go by. I backed in the trailer, leaving the ramps about 7 feet from the nose to have room to maneuver the bus when I dragged it out of Valhalla with a winch. Standing on the trailer I readied the winch, drawing cable out spooling it at my feet while talking to the PO, who is simply ageing-out and this is the last of his stash to let go. Some 20-something pulls up in a VW SUV and stands there telling us that he's been driving by the bus for years, always daydreaming about leaving a note or something because it's just sitting there for all this time. He's got his toddler in his arm who's jabbering and pointing in the direction of the bus. Dad is telling us the boy loves the bus because dad's always pointing it out every time they drive by. So cute. Then the PO's eyes go big as pie plates and his jaw is dropped wide open in a gawk that made the hair on the back of your neck stand straight up... "Well look at that" he says and raises a finger in dismay. We all turn to look... and the Bus is sitting right on us with its front tires touching the bottom of the trailer ramps, absolutely perfectly lined up, ready to come home.

I hadn't even put a hook on it yet.

I shit you not. Its fu@ing Herbie. I may have to keep this one.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Buggeee wrote:
Supposedly it spawned in Utah. Got dragged to Ohio at some point, where it has sat, robbed for parts and otherwise disrespected waiting for redemption.

Here's the thing. It sat for years and years and years in Ohio, in a parking lot backed up against the wall of a building, watching the world go by. I backed in the trailer, leaving the ramps about 7 feet from the nose to have room to maneuver the bus when I dragged it out of Valhalla with a winch. Standing on the trailer I readied the winch, drawing cable out spooling it at my feet while talking to the PO, who is simply ageing-out and this is the last of his stash to let go. Some 20-something pulls up in a VW SUV and stands there telling us that he's been driving by the bus for years, always daydreaming about leaving a note or something because it's just sitting there for all this time. He's got his toddler in his arm who's jabbering and pointing in the direction of the bus. Dad is telling us the boy loves the bus because dad's always pointing it out every time they drive by. So cute. Then the PO's eyes go big as pie plates and his jaw is dropped wide open in a gawk that made the hair on the back of your neck stand straight up... "Well look at that" he says and raises a finger in dismay. We all turn to look... and the Bus is sitting right on us with its front tires touching the bottom of the trailer ramps, absolutely perfectly lined up, ready to come home.

Well we wouldn't know since there are no PICS! Rolling Eyes Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Buggeee wrote:

Well we wouldn't know since there are no PICS! Rolling Eyes Laughing

I was responding to Crukab's inquiry about the blue OG paint bus that I posted above. Here is a repeat image to tie the posts together.

SnowDaySyncro wrote:
72fali
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Hi I’m Chris just got a 72 westy want to look into it more there’s a few plates with numbers around wondering how I can use them to get info
dodger tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

72fali wrote:
Hi I’m Chris just got a 72 westy want to look into it more there’s a few plates with numbers around wondering how I can use them to get info

welcome chris.

the plate under the dash on the left side is the m-plate. this site will tell you all:

https://www.vw-mplate.com/
Cerot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Picked up this gem today as a parts rig, believe it or not it starts up AND stops! Can't beat $250 delivered!

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Jump to:
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: