Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bay Window hunting History
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

that is about as good as it gets for a cheap score. Well done!
72fali
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Dodge Tom thank you also my westy doesn’t have a pop top it’s solid but there’s westfalia tags everywhere that seem to be original what you think heard there were versions of them without the pop mine had a sink bed power outlet closets everything and looks like it’s never been taken apart
dodger tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

there’re definitely tin top westfalias out there, chris. i owned a ‘68 weekender.

here’s a link to threads about westy tin tops.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc...=titleonly
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
72fali
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Recently got this 72 westy pretty solid not much rust or bondo there’s dents on the nose and right rear and dings threw out nothing major seems to be all original and un molested or pillaged lol 😂 has the dual carb type 4 engine recently thanks to Tom found that this is a hard top “basic” model westy also known as the weekender lol pretty cool I like the windows the motor the interior it will be nice soon I’ll show the bus I had to let go to acquire this one it was a beautiful 71 transporter that I actually preferred body wise and it had unique chrome trim for the windows had fog lights pics soon
72fali
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

So sadly this one was let go so I could get the westfalia wish I could have kept both though this was looked really cool lol had bad nose rust though but other than that was also really solid everywhere else and original I am the 3rd owner of both busses thought that was unique and cool and really the second owner because both times I got it from someone that inherited it from their elderly parents notice this one was used for their electrical company back in the 70s and 80s was going to paint it the same color and keep the business logo on it hopefully the next owner does I made that suggestion lol anyways here it is my no longer
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

72fali wrote:

That's a great find, 72fali!
I had a '71 just like it in the '80's and have fantastic memories of it.

Hope you have as much fun with it!

A suggestion:
Start your own dedicated thread of work you do and fun you have with your new van/bus. I started one even before I got my Riviera, and it's 55 pages long now. Occasionally I'll open the thread and pick a page to read and reminisce about the journey she's taken me on. Dancing

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
72fali
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Keys to the 71 transporter kept em so I can use em for my 72 lol 😂 I know that’s wrong but eh such as life took the awesome chrome trim too it was a deluxe model transporter also took the rear bumper cause it has the two vertical guards like the front does pretty cool I’ll switch from time to time prolly between the OG and the 71 bumper lol anyways really want to start my own thread still figuring it out this website hurts my eyes too much stuff lol it is a huge community tho anyways enjoy the pic the name on the keys says Neiman

Bad Hippie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

1974 Westfalia. Looked at it yesterday and bought it today. Hopefully I'll have it hauled out by this weekend.

mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

I tried to purchase this bus several years ago. years passed until a friend hit me up last weekend and she has landed in my hands.
a beautiful, dry original paint Dormy !

Clementine79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

mtnbus wrote:

I tried to purchase this bus several years ago. years passed until a friend hit me up last weekend and she has landed in my hands.

Sweet!
DocNexil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

mtnbus wrote:

Beautiful bus! Looks like a '71 like mine, and a Westfalia built Dormobile based on where the roof opening is. If you don't mind, what's the vin (or M-code build date)? I heard that 1970 was the last year Westfalia and Dormobile did this setup so I'm curious how far apart our buses are.
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Interesting. Did 71 have a destination "XX" lettering? Cuz this aint got one. Meaning Germany - home market. And if so, I guess Westfalia made conversions always has chrome wing window M Codes then. Think Think But I think I already knew that.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DocNexil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

mtnbus wrote:

Your bus is earlier than mine, early August and mine's late September (#45,136). Your M-plate decoded says it was sent to Westfalia like mine as well, so that's pretty cool. If you have the Westfalia tag it probably says it's an SO-69 with the Westfalia installed Dormobile top.

notchboy wrote:
Interesting. Did 71 have a destination "XX" lettering? Cuz this aint got one. Meaning Germany - home market. And if so, I guess Westfalia made conversions always has chrome wing window M Codes then. Think Think But I think I already knew that.

My M-plate also says it was a German destination (026), but I assume both were built to be sent to the US at some point since the speedometer is in miles.
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Still pulling this pile of crust home, it was free, pretty rotted out though. It’s a 1977 Westfalia Automatic with a stove option, cool model but trashed

“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

looks like most of it is there
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Does it have its poo pail?

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
liflx_s75
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Hey,

I found a Bay, a 74 Camper.

Its pretty impossible for me to take it out, but maybe someone else wants to save it.

Its in the Finger Lakes of New York, the rust is real, the frame rails are very bad. The Van sunk a few inches. But that interior looks complete.

The farmers clearing the land plan on scrapping all the metal things on it, including the van and are interested in selling it.

I can let them know someone is interested if someone is committed to seeing it, and taking it...

video of Westie -

https://youtu.be/tCqV_FEemlA
W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

wow just wow, looks like a 70's conversion that someone polished up from grampa's garage

the carpet on the walls reminds me of an apartment we lived in back in the 80's

you may have noticed the snazzy Air conditioning too, peeking out on the roof Laughing

and it's for sale!
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3421636691418255/

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
1971 bay window westy- subi swap
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Wow. Defiantly a we can do better mentality. Right off the map. Shocked Applause

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Jump to:
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: