Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chris Paterson - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Chris Paterson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chris purchased a 1963 Convertible Beetle folding top rear glass and frame from me. Paid very fast after inquiry and Great email correspondence. Sell to Chris with confidence.

Thanks Chris.
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
R2thaQ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: We Had a Deal ,,, and He Backed Out on My Way to Meet Him. Reply with quote

I on the other hand did Not have a good experience with Mr. Patterson.

Back in mid June I asked him about a Ragtop clip he had for sale,
he said he had taken a deposit, and said "so it's was kinda sold ,,, but I really don't know about my buyer" He stated that he had been holding for this guy for over a month and hadn't heard from the guy.
So I told him I was a Cash Buyer and I wanted it and would come pick it up. He said he would give his buyer another chance and get back with me.
A few days later I texted him and asked what was up with his buyer, as I was coming into Cali on July 7th to pick up my car, and I could easily grab the clip at the same time while I was there.
His response was "tell you what, if this thing isn't gone by the 7th it's Yours !"
Seems pretty clear to me.
So on Jul 2nd He texted Me and said "Hey Richard, no money and no pick up yet" So we discussed the details and came to a price.
He also said he had someone else bugging him to sell it him as well, but I was first inline after the flake deposit only and no word from buyer.

So our plan was to meet an engine shop he was picking his motor up at, and he had to be there by a specific time. So I told him I would leave Las Vegas VERY early in order to meet him in Ontario at his specific time of 11:00.

So with cash in hand, and trailer in tow, I headed out and 2 hours into the middle of the desert, I got a text at about 8:45am that said
"Sorry man, the guy PayPal'd me the rest of the money late last night, so I have to sell it to him"
Needless to say I was Pissed !
I tried to call him and text him back to ask for a better explanation ,,, all were ignored of course.

This is the abbreviated version of the story, there were Many texts and calls working this all out, only to have Chris back out when I was 2 hours from meeting him.

Just not very cool business practice, and certainly Not a man of his word.
Buyer Beware ,,,

Just my two cents ,,,

--- Richard
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just completed a high-dollar transaction with Chris and he's a great buyer. The whole transaction went smoothly - he's very quick to respond to emails, etc. Thanks again, Chris!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chris Paterson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: We Had a Deal ,,, and He Backed Out on My Way to Meet Hi Reply with quote

R2thaQ wrote:
I on the other hand did Not have a good experience with Mr. Patterson.

Back in mid June I asked him about a Ragtop clip he had for sale,
he said he had taken a deposit, and said "so it's was kinda sold ,,, but I really don't know about my buyer" He stated that he had been holding for this guy for over a month and hadn't heard from the guy.
So I told him I was a Cash Buyer and I wanted it and would come pick it up. He said he would give his buyer another chance and get back with me.
A few days later I texted him and asked what was up with his buyer, as I was coming into Cali on July 7th to pick up my car, and I could easily grab the clip at the same time while I was there.
His response was "tell you what, if this thing isn't gone by the 7th it's Yours !"
Seems pretty clear to me.
So on Jul 2nd He texted Me and said "Hey Richard, no money and no pick up yet" So we discussed the details and came to a price.
He also said he had someone else bugging him to sell it him as well, but I was first inline after the flake deposit only and no word from buyer.

So our plan was to meet an engine shop he was picking his motor up at, and he had to be there by a specific time. So I told him I would leave Las Vegas VERY early in order to meet him in Ontario at his specific time of 11:00.

So with cash in hand, and trailer in tow, I headed out and 2 hours into the middle of the desert, I got a text at about 8:45am that said
"Sorry man, the guy PayPal'd me the rest of the money late last night, so I have to sell it to him"
I tried to call him and text him back to ask for a better explanation ,,, all were ignored of course.

This is the abbreviated version of the story, there were Many texts and calls working this all out, only to have Chris back out when I was 2 hours from meeting him.

Buyer Beware ,,,

Just my two cents ,,,

--- Richard

Just want to add that I took a deposit from the buyer way before Richard even called me. He badgered me repeatedly, calling and texting. Richard, I told you from the beginning that I had to give preference to the buyer who gave me the deposit. I don't take somebody's deposit lightly. So I told you, I'll put a deadline on it if it doesn't go through it's yours. I'm not going to bail on a buyer when I'm holding his cash. Turns out the guy who bought it was a nice guy, but just couldn't get away from work to pick it up.

It was an awkward situation you put me in. Everything was fine until you called... AFTER the ad was marked "Pending." I felt bad for you, but you kind of made the bed you lie in. I understand you're angry, but I felt that I was trying to be as clear as possible with all parties. You made this sale a lot of work for me communicating back and forth and maybe some details were lost in your perception.

Quote:

You were hostile on the phone and I knew you were pissed, I was not going to call you to hear you yell at me. You made some crack about my selling practice, so I knew that if I called you it was not going to be a productive conversation.

Quote:

From the very beginning, I told you I had a deposit. I decided to give a deadline to my buyer for your benefit. The buyer came through BEFORE the saturday deadline (Friday Night). I texted you right after I received the money.

Quote:

I did keep my word, to my buyer who had a deposit. I wish for 1 second you would think about the situation I was in. I had $300 of this other guy's money. I had to piss off one of you and since the other guy had the money down and was first, I had to go with him. Richard, I think you're pretty selfish. Not only did you come in at the last minute, you pushed your self into this deal and then you called me to berate me and now you're attacking my character.

Seller's beware of this guy.
Chris Paterson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also wanted to ad, the original deal was for $100 more than Richard was offering. So the original deal was first contact, first money down, and the most money. People choose different ways to weight priority, and in this case all three were to my original buyer.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought and sold a bunch of stuff with Chris recently.
I even let him Paypal me for something high dollar at OCTO.
I would deal with him anytime.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwkidd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought some rechromed original vent wing latches. As described and packed well. I hope to buy from Chris again.
1966 141 Cabrio. L554 Cherry Red (low mileage)
Owned: All in the 80's slammed & running BRM's,Fuchs,OG Empis w/ big motors & 48IDA's LA Style!
1959 Convertible 151 L41
1955 Convertible 151 L41
1958 Convertible 151 L349
1966 KG Convertible L456
1967 KG Convertible L41
1959 117 Deluxe L451
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
unclespanky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great transaction with Chris and would buy from him anytime. I didn't even paypal Chris a deposit and he was a man of his word and delivered the items to Red Barn because I said " I'll take'm "
Redlocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Paterson - [email protected] Reply with quote

A+++++ Seller

Chris was selling two ice pick door handles for an early bus for $50.

I replied to that ad telling him that I would buy them if he could verify that the lock cylinder was good and not damaged.

Chris actually disassembled the handle, removed the lock cylinder and sent me pictures of it. Since my lock original cylinder (and the three locking handles/cylinders I had previously purchased to replace my broken lock cylinder) were already broken, I did not have an "unbroken" lock cylinder to compare with his. I then asked him to mic' the length of what we believed was unbroken on his lock cylinder (the piece that was broken on mine). He did that too and sent a picture for me to examine. I determined his was unbroken and bought the pair of ice pick door handles for his asking price.

They arrived today. It was perfect. My lock/handle is already re-keyed to match my other locks and ignition, and functions as new.

While I would not advise putting a seller through all of those hurdles for just a $50 purchase (I typically do not do that either). Chris "jumped through those hurdles" for me.

Thank you Chris.

Buy from him, you should not be disappointed.

71 Super Beetle (stolen)
71 Squareback (rusted, junked)
71 Squareback (factory-dealer A/C, sold)
68 Bus, sold
68 Beetle (baja'd, sold)
78 "Golf" (total burn)
81 Scirocco S (sold, bought back, sold again)
81 Scirocco S (sold)
86 Scirocco (sold)
83 GTI (DSP auto-crossed, sold)
84 GTI (sold)
2000 New Beetle
'60 Microbus Std. / Mango (project in progress)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
axeman569
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Paterson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a Type 3 hood from Chris. Easy to deal with. A+++
51deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Paterson - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a bus middle seat from Chris and he did everything he promised went out of his way to make it a very smooth transaction thanks Chris
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: