Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Previous Owners
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Amacker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Previous Owners Reply with quote

With all of the trash talk on these forums about how bad the previous owners have been I thought I’d breathe a breath of fresh air on the topic. After searching for a nice Ghia for nearly two years I purchased my car in 2008 from a nice guy who knew little about its restoration. Many people have congratulated me on the fine car I have but I could tell them nothing about its history, as I knew nothing. I have told people several times I’d like to find the restorer and thank him for such a fabulous job. Well, due to the Power of Samba, that happened, the original restorer recognized my avatar and sent me a PM. I just had a nice chat with him, Bob L, who was instrumental in making this car the joy for me that it is. Bob imported this car from California to the rusty Midwest and proceeded to do a beautiful restoration on it. This car was really done nicely with no shortcuts made- I can find no rust repair anywhere, no shortcuts or butcher work anywhere, and all parts used were top quality, mostly German. The glass was removed and the car was empty when it was painted, and then wet sanded and buffed to a mirror image finish. Bob tells me the paint is in excess of 11 years old! The interior was installed with care and looks wonderful. The brake and suspension systems were gone through using all quality parts and I’ve had no problems with them at all, this car was truly a labor of love by the restorer and it shows in every detail. There are great people in our hobby and I’d like to put a little positive light on them, especially Bob.

Thanks Bob! Applause

PS Bob has graduated to a Bay Window now and just happened to stumble into the Ghia forum. I’m glad he did.
'66- http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2888&sid=54d8dedfb3822f99c7f2ea430cb4e856
'65- http://leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4263
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rokemester
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey it's cool that you found the person that restored your Ghia. I can't believe that paint is 11 years old! Having seen it with my own eyes it's an incredible job. The sunroof is a dead give away, that must have been what tipped him off.

Last edited by rokemester on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: