Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Patrick Metsker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

I just got one as well.
the link I provided didn't seem to offer shipping to the US, and the ebay was easier.

Thanks for the heads up.

when it comes to steering parts:
damper, tie rod ends, etc... is there any suggestions for retailers?
I assume on that level, napa would be just fine & not specific VW enough to seek OEM?
Jivermo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

These guys are having a sale right now, for one that appears to be genuine. Shipped to US for less than 29.00, including the part. i'll report back on the quality when I receive it.

https://www.vwheritage.com/211415417-steering-coupling-t2-68-79-ssp-product
ewdb92
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

Jivermo wrote:
These guys are having a sale right now, for one that appears to be genuine. Shipped to US for less than 29.00, including the part. i'll report back on the quality when I receive it.

https://www.vwheritage.com/211415417-steering-coupling-t2-68-79-ssp-product

I sent them an email last week to confirm that the part is the same as the picture. They replied that it is not; they are waiting to update the picture. What they are selling is a product they make, through SSP. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, because VW Heritage is known for some good stuff Looking forward to hearing your report when you get the part.

This showed up the classifieds last week:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2056802
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jivermo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

Thank you...good to know this. I'll post pics when I get this thing.
drozdenko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

I received my "notch1500" coupler today and I just compared it to my bus depot "pacific parts international" version.

Two biggest differences are the overall size of the coupling: bus depot is around 2.95" where the SGF version is 3.375.
The other big difference is the bolt pattern: I measured about 1.82 center to center for the mounting holes vs 1.88 on the SGF version. It's definitely noticeable when comparing

The "bendability" is about the same on both. Seems like the bus depot version holds its bend longer though.

I haven't installed it yet but I won't have a chance until next week.

Anyone else see the same comparisons or issues with installation?
Thanks
Lee
'01 WE Jetta 1.8T (Sold)
'02 Passat GLS 1.8T (Sold)
'96 Jetta Trek (Sold)
'88 Gti-16V (Sold)
Patrick Metsker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

I received my "notch1500" coupler also, I notice it does not have the VW logo anywhere.
It feels solid with almost no bend to it.

I realize I've misplaced two of the four bolts used.
Pretty sure a set of bolts & nylon lock nuts at Ace Hardware for replacement will work won't they?
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

Patrick Metsker wrote:
I received my "notch1500" coupler also, I notice it does not have the VW logo anywhere.
It feels solid with almost no bend to it.

I realize I've misplaced two of the four bolts used.
Pretty sure a set of bolts & nylon lock nuts at Ace Hardware for replacement will work won't they?

Upon comments from others in this thread, that is what I used.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

Looks like ISPWest is also selling the SGF/VW couplers -- bought mine from them through Ebay, $22 shipped:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122153686890?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And here's what came in the mail yesterday -- you can see where the VW/Audi logos were ground off on the left side. Can barely bend it:

Moderator note: Notice part number, picture of wrong part.
Tcash

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

tristessa wrote:
Looks like ISPWest is also selling the SGF/VW couplers -- bought mine from them through Ebay, $22 shipped:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122153686890?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And here's what came in the mail yesterday -- you can see where the VW/Audi logos were ground off on the left side. Can barely bend it:

Moderator note: Notice part number, picture of wrong part.
Tcash

Thanks Tristessa. That item is out of stock now. Cause I bought the last one Wink

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

Funny, when I ordered mine last week it was the last one too...
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

Ha! "Last One Available" shanangins. He's probably got box of them Laughing

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Silverboot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

i think i did actually get the last one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

There must be a lot of "last ones"... 'cause I just got one, too. Laughing

It's a great sales gimmick.

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

Hey, I just got the last one!

(It's probably to keep people like me from buying five like I was planning on……………)

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

Link

I feel dumb and gullible just like the people in this video. Wink

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
77_Bus_Girl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

tristessa wrote:

That one does not list late bay as one of the vehicles it fits. but does it fit?
surfbus23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

I also got the last one
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

77_Bus_Girl wrote:
tristessa wrote:

That one does not list late bay as one of the vehicles it fits. but does it fit?

I'll find out when I go to install it in a couple of days -- weather permitting -- but one of the pictures on page 8 has the same disc & part number shown. Worst case I'll give it to one of my friends with a Vanagon.
77_Bus_Girl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

tristessa wrote:
77_Bus_Girl wrote:
tristessa wrote:

I'll find out when I go to install it in a couple of days -- weather permitting -- but one of the pictures on page 8 has the same disc & part number shown. Worst case I'll give it to one of my friends with a Vanagon.

awesome! keep us posted! I may try to grab up that "last one!" Wink
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Coupling Disc 211415417 (coupler) Reply with quote

tristessa wrote:
77_Bus_Girl wrote:
tristessa wrote:

If the part number is still on it, you should have no problem. Here are some measurements.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 31

Jump to: