Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

decklid props
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 1:54 am    Post subject: decklid props Reply with quote

I have a 64 bug and the decklid is popped on it. Anyone know if there is a kit to let you keep the stock spring on it so when you open the decklid it will stay open on its own. Where can i get it or do I have to make some sort of mount for it???? I live in az and it's important that i keep the decklid popped.
58Type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:42 am    Post subject: decklid props Reply with quote

How do you mean popped? Like it has stand offs to keep the upper part of the bonnet open? If that is what it is, the spring in there should work fine, as long as you are running the correct stand offs....20 bucks, maybe 30 with the inflation nowadays.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jeremy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:31 pm    Post subject: decklid props Reply with quote

Yes it has the standoffs on it but when i put the spring on it its like there is no pressure on the spring to keep it open fully and the decklid will only stay open halfway. I have tried puting the spring in both spots on the decklid and neither of them work correctly.
flat4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:19 am    Post subject: decklid props Reply with quote

you can fish around one of the parts suppliers for a prop rod to use when you have yo decklid popped. Or bettuh yet, you can get a broomstick and cut it to fit. Oh yea, you have to put the broomstick inside the car when your done tweakin your carbs.
bmc350
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: decklid props Reply with quote

Try Wolfgang Int'l (530)246-GANG. They have a kit called the hoodlum. It is a bug decklid spring extension kit for use with decklid stand offs. It runs about 20.00.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: