Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Adjusters and Preload
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
locky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Adjusters and Preload Reply with quote

Is it possible to have installed my adjusters with too much preload? Thing beam with stiffer Sway-away leafs. Bilstein remote res 7100 shocks. I had a hell of a time getting the spindles on the torsions. Finally made it happen but man those things were stiff. I don't have the body mounted yet, should go on this week.Chassis is now on the ground with wheels and there is absolutely no droop. I jump on the front end and it doesn't move. This will be a driver, as well as lots of logging road driving with sometimes up to 4 guys with mountain bikes loaded up. \I have searched the gallery and from what I've seen my adjusters don't look out of place. I did install them for full lift and no drop. They are not adjusted up at all yet. One thing I did notice though was that my ball joint notches are all in different posistions. Meaning they were not pressed in with the notches in the correct posistion.
I am going to put the body on and see what happens. I will be installing limit straps as well. I know some guys like the suspension stiff, but I think this is too much. I want to be able to feel the benefit of the Bilsteins I purchased. I guess if worse comes to worse I can pull the beam and re-install the adjusters.
Thanks
shred625
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have no weight on the car so I would expect that. My class 9 car doesn't move then I just on the front end either and that is with the car ready to run.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: