Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

True or False: A '91 Westy that has been driven gently...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tourmaline, tourmaline, where are you? We are not always this crazy! Seriously you can ask questions and get answers, we all got off track here, I apologize for me and you can stick your head in again! Eh?

It really is all about Vanagons. See what Vanagonitist can do to you. Are you going to set your van up as a travelling bar? I know stupid question but heading back on track! Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wiartonallan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Jeeze, I should have read the whole thread first...

Wrong place, wrong time.

Californio wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, it's Gloria Steinem, not Steinman.

Gloria Steinem drives a Vanagon?

85 Westfalia/Bostig
18 Tigun
08 Frieghtliner Sprinter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iltis74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I just skimmed through here, and it's definitely not worth reading the whole thing.
tourmaline
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WilliamTaylor33: Wow, that sounds nice. When you say cherry red, do you mean the burgundy color? That's the color I love. How many original miles were on the vanagon in question aside from the rebuild? I am in the Northwest USA and would be willing to travel a significant distance for the right Westy.

KamzCab86: Yeah, I dive right in underneath my Westy as well and have the black fingernails to prove it. Confused Only problem for me is diagnostics. I am definitely going to take an automotive class. I love to learn new things, and it's becoming clear with others' feedback that I need to learn automotive skills if I'm committed to owning and driving Westys, which I am.

Californio: My intent when I find my ideal '91 Westy is to have it shipped to Maui and to live in it when I'm there, shuttling back and forth at my leisure between Hana and Kahului, which is a 35 mile narrow twisting road that goes from a dry part of the island to the wet part. I don't think I'll ever be taking my Westy on any dirt roads or anything though. I used to live on Maui and would like to move back pretty soon, but I got so sick of dealing with the outrageous rents. Living in my Westy and parking it for much of the time on my friend's property seems like a feasible and fun solution.

Wiartonallan: Thanks for the tip, I'll have to research the Bostig option. Smile
Williamtaylor33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tourmaline wrote:
WilliamTaylor33: Wow, that sounds nice. When you say cherry red, do you mean the burgundy color? That's the color I love. How many original miles were on the vanagon in question aside from the rebuild? I am in the Northwest USA and would be willing to travel a significant distance for the right Westy.

Smile

sorry to say it's already sold. I was just stating you might try the paper for a good deal. Place a want ad.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: