Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who sells Radiator Fan Relay any more
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikls63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Who sells Radiator Fan Relay any more Reply with quote

OK...I ordered a Radiator Fan Relay from Bus Depot for my van last week and the package came in with no Radiator Fan Relay. Bus Depot says that its obsolete.
I checked Van Cafe, and Go Westy. They don't sell it either.

Can some one point me in the right direction?
13' Passat S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they just shipped you an M-T box Shocked ....whats the part number.
mikls63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCB wrote:
So they just shipped you an M-T box Shocked ....whats the part number.

I ordered a couple of other things as well, they were in the box.

Part Reference Number*: 321919505
Dealer Retail Price*: $28.60
Brand: German*
Availability: Usually ships in 1-3 working days (sooner if ordered via air shipment)
13' Passat S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From VW that relay is an NLA part alright---
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just Googled the part number and it looks like you can get it from a few different places. Just because VW says its not available dont mean it aint. That part might fit/be the same part that other vehicles use too.

Check around I bet you find one. Wink
mikls63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCB wrote:
I just Googled the part number and it looks like you can get it from a few different places. Just because VW says its not available don't mean it aint. That part might fit/be the same part that other vehicles use too.

Check around I bet you find one. Wink

This is what is set up on Bus Depot web sight for the same part. So I'll bet if I look for something a bit newer, I find it.

Dasher (1974 - 1977) Cooling Components Radiator Fan & Related Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay, 75-77
Dasher (1978 - 1981) Cooling Components Radiator Fan & Related Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay, w/ A/C
Dasher (1974 - 1977) Electrical Central Electrical Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay, 75-77
Dasher (1978 - 1981) Electrical Central Electrical Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay, w/ A/C
Dasher (1974 - 1977) Electrical Radiator Fan & Related Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay, 75-77
Dasher (1978 - 1981) Electrical Radiator Fan & Related Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay, w/ A/C
Rabbit (1975 - 1979) Cooling Components Radiator Fan & Related Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay
Rabbit (1975 - 1979) Electrical Central Electrical Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay
Rabbit (1975 - 1979) Electrical Radiator Fan & Related Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay
Rabbit Convertible (1979 - 1983) Cooling Components Radiator Fan & Related Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay
Rabbit Convertible (1979 - 1983) Electrical Central Electrical Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay
Rabbit Convertible (1979 - 1983) Electrical Radiator Fan & Related Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay
Scirocco (1975 - 1983) Cooling Components Radiator Fan & Related Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay, 75-79
Scirocco (1975 - 1983) Electrical Central Electrical Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay, 75-79
Scirocco (1975 - 1983) Electrical Radiator Fan & Related Radiator Fan Relay Radiator Fan Relay, 75-79
13' Passat S
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK .....let me save you some time. Google the part number. Your gonna get a bunch of pages...skip by all the Russian ones.... (U with me so far)
check out the one Rock Auto has, most likely the same one sold by VW and all those other makes and models. I thunk I saw it on page 5 or 6
mikls63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCB wrote:
OK .....let me save you some time. Google the part number. Your gonna get a bunch of pages...skip by all the Russian ones.... (U with me so far)
check out the one Rock Auto has, most likely the same one sold by VW and all those other makes and models. I thunk I saw it on page 5 or 6

OMG! I forgot about Rock Auto! And yes, they care that Radiator Fan Relay! Just gota set it up and WALA!
13' Passat S
brad131a4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going to say Napa but realized you were looking for a relay not the thermo switch.
pioneer1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: relay Reply with quote

Will you crazy American's stop saying WALA!! It's Voila- (French) Very Happy

'85 Porsche 911 Targa

'76 Westfalia project
mikls63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: relay Reply with quote

pioneer1 wrote:

LOL! I think you are right! Wink
13' Passat S
mikls63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...I found that Van-Cafe sells them too.

http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/page_1126_750/cooling_fan_relay__88_thru_91_ecu_relay.html
13' Passat S
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes you sure you need a fan relay? The one shown on VanCafe site is a more expensive relay and not quite the same as a stock fan relay. If you have A/C you have 2 relays so be sure you know which of the 2 you need as they are different. They both are fairly generic relays as well so easy to replace even outside of our VW world.

Mark

mikls63rag wrote:
OK...I found that Van-Cafe sells them too.

http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/page_1126_750/cooling_fan_relay__88_thru_91_ecu_relay.html
morymob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: relay Reply with quote

mikls63rag wrote:
pioneer1 wrote:

LOL! I think you are right! Wink
Some of us haven't yet learned how to spell 'Voila', let alone say it.
mikls63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...the reason for the needing of the relay is because I do have the AC on this van and when it gets warm enough for the fan to kick in, only the high speed kicks in and not the low speed any more. I checked the switch on the radiator and its doing its job as needed. On the other hand, the only thing I can think of would to to replace the relay for the fan.
13' Passat S
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, low speed does not use any relay. It does use a resistor pack to slow down the motor and that is most likely your problem. They burn up with age and then the low speed does not work and the A/C performs less well too since it needs the low speed fan on whenever the A/C is on.

http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/page_553_669/fan_resistor.html

Mark

mikls63rag wrote:
ok...the reason for the needing of the relay is because I do have the AC on this van and when it gets warm enough for the fan to kick in, only the high speed kicks in and not the low speed any more. I checked the switch on the radiator and its doing its job as needed. On the other hand, the only thing I can think of would to to replace the relay for the fan.
mikls63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="crazyvwvanman"]Well, low speed does not use any relay. It does use a resistor pack to slow down the motor and that is most likely your problem. They burn up with age and then the low speed does not work and the A/C performs less well too since it needs the low speed fan on whenever the A/C is on.

http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/page_553_669/fan_resistor.html

Mark

Thanks for the info Mark.
13' Passat S
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: