Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

!!!!!! Help Me out Plz !!!!
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67 in Vegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:42 pm    Post subject: !!!!!! Help Me out Plz !!!! Reply with quote

I just go a 1967 vw. And i decided to swap the front fenders for 1966 fender. Then i went a got some eagle alloy 5 spokes and put 195/60 in the rear and 195/50 in the front. But now I have a problem because the front wheels stick out of the fender like 1 inch on the drivers side. Is there a way to to adjust the front beam for remove some kind of shim or do i have to buy a new front beam or shorten mine??

lookin forward to ur suggestions--Thanks
thayer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: !!!!!! Help Me out Plz !!!! Reply with quote

If you want to tuck your wheels within your fenders, you'll have to narrow your front beam. Unfortunately, there's no way to take shims out, or for that matter, no real quick way to do it.

I'm not sure where you're located, but you may want to e-mail the below address for advice. He's done a ton of beam narrowing.

[email protected]

Good luck,

Thayer
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Trayle D. the real oggfk
Samba Fabricator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: !!!!!! Help Me out Plz !!!! Reply with quote

thanks for the props Thayer

Trayle Duncan
[email protected]
www.thegermanfolks.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
deluxebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:09 pm    Post subject: !!!!!! Help Me out Plz !!!! Reply with quote

I have a friend that has a '66 he's running thesame wheels with lowered spindles, The spindles set the wheels out another 1/2 inch per side. He hasn't narrowed the beam, but he's running 135's on the front and 145's on the back and it looks fine, and does't rub. Good luck!
67 in Vegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:30 pm    Post subject: !!!!!! Help Me out Plz !!!! Reply with quote

thanks for the ideas i will talk to my dad and ask him what he will like to do...
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: !!!!!! Help Me out Plz !!!! Reply with quote

145's on the back?

sure hope he has a good tranny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: