Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Have you used a aPad?
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Have you used a aPad? Reply with quote

Is anyone using one of the new Android aPad's??
They are competition for the iPad, but uses the Google operating system.

I am thinking about buying one, rather than to drag a full size laptop with me when I am away from home.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SgtSamy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it, pretty cool but its has 2 different version with different processor. I bought the less powerfull but if you wanna buy one buy the more powerfull with the bigger screen.
The Sage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you already ordered one Russ...
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sage wrote:
I thought you already ordered one Russ...

I did after that post.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tirekicker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read some really nasty reviews on Amazon.com about this thing.

(16:45:42) Russ_Wolfe: TK, you are like a Maytag washer
(16:46:44) tirekicker: and what's a maytag washer?
(16:47:35) Russ_Wolfe: If you are not agitating, you are not working right
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an Archos A7HT. $189 and free shipping from Newegg.
I have had it about 4-5 days now.
I have had few of the problems that have been reported. By the firmware on it, it is a recent production.
If you read some of those response, they were from some of the early purchasers, and I think they were expecting too much.
With the small screen, and my big clubby mechanic fingers, I have started using a plastic stylus instead of my fingers to type.
Yes, it has its limitations, but for the price and the size, (I can buy 2.5 of these for the price of the cheapest iPad) I think I will be happy with what I bought it for. (I can play solitaire in the bathroom Rolling Eyes ), and also be online.
I still have to find a few work-arounds for some of its quirks, but I am getting there.

Lobotomy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My phone uses Android OS. I can't think of a better OS for a mobile device. iPhone OS has more apps, but is a piece of shit outside of that.
1958 Honda c-100
frijole73b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 7 Phone FTW!

"everthing is always for sale for the right price"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scrapmetalvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a iPad. Keybord works great even with my big fingers. You can buy a lot of extras for it and since it is a apple you know it will work how it said it will. iOS is awesome and kicks the shit out of Android os. I have had both and there is in no way Android comes close.
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even on price.
Some of us cannot aford Apple prices.

Notched
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all the aPads non-name brands?

Current stock: '57 Panel Bus, '63 Rat Notch, '64 Baja, '66 Variant, '67 Convertible Ghia, '68 Squareback, '69 Squareback, '69 Fastback

Southern Oregon VW Club -- http://www.sovw.org

Oregon VW Forum -- http://www.oregonvw.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is ARCHOS. So far so good. It is. French company. Theyhave a whole lineup of pads. Some powered by Android, some powered by Windows.

Notched
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bought a LePad? Laughing

Current stock: '57 Panel Bus, '63 Rat Notch, '64 Baja, '66 Variant, '67 Convertible Ghia, '68 Squareback, '69 Squareback, '69 Fastback

Southern Oregon VW Club -- http://www.sovw.org

Oregon VW Forum -- http://www.oregonvw.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DraginInk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one from China... thought I'd get to keep my EVO to myself when I got home from work. I loaded it with a few games for the 3 year old. It was "rough" but she liked it... for a whole week. It looks like a movie prop sitting on the table over there collecting dust while I wait for returning instructions. LOL!

Found MobiGo for the little one.... perfect!

Aloha HBB & Mr. Wolfe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JiI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrapmetalvw wrote:
Just bought a iPad. and since it is a apple you know it will work how it said it will.

LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!
Keep telling yourself that......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scrapmetalvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JiI wrote:
scrapmetalvw wrote:
Just bought a iPad. and since it is a apple you know it will work how it said it will.

LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!
Keep telling yourself that......

Oh I will. After having 2 lap tops (iBook and MacBook) 2 iPhones (2g and 3gs) and 1 G3 power PC and 1 G4 Power PC tower and a new iPad and 2 iPod 30 gig classics, zero problems with any of them I am a believer. The only time I had a problem with any apple product was when I ran over one of the iPods I had. It was sitting on a friends lap and I had it in a soft case.

When she got out of my bug it hit the ground and I failed to hear it. So that one got ran over. Funny though, when I went back and got it off the street and took it home it was all smashed up but I could still get my G4 to read it and the iPod still lit up and worked the screen was just hammered and the case was smashed. Of course with any mass produced product there is going to runs that are bad or 3rd party suppliers of parts (like batteries) that have problems. When it comes to how there products produce and work apple is far and above better quality, there is not even a argument there.

My best friend and I bought our new lap tops at the same time back in '07. He has had 3 windows computers since then and all have had a major problem, meaning he did not buy a new laptop just upgrade to a new model. I have had the same Macbook since '07 with no upgrades at all and the Macbook is working like it did day one. Apple have proved them selves to be far and away the leader in innovation and quality. With out the iPhone do you think we would have Android? Doubtful.

As for the price point Apple has set for there products, it's not cheep building quality products and people will pay for quality. Why do you think Windows and Android are so much cheaper? It's all about quality. Apple does not make throwaway products you can use the same hardware even after years of software upgrades. Making Apple the better value after years of use.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: