Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westy Saves The Day!
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjrogers86auto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Westy Saves The Day! Reply with quote

Just thought I'd change things up a bit. Since it seems the vans often leave people stranded I'll share this story.

My better half drives an 03 Golf Tdi with 250000kms on it. It's been a great car. Last evening on her commute home the battery light flashed red on her. She checked the owners manual, called me at work and I told her to do what was right. Take the Westy to work in the morning!

So she went out early this morning and scraped the frost off the windows...started her up and drove down the road. She said the defrost blower only screamed for a few seconds...it needed gas and my 6 yr old scraped the frost on the inside as they drove. Doesn't get any better!

I checked out the car when I got home this morning...everything seems fine. Seems she was just supposed to go for a cruise in the van-o-rama!

Has your van saved your butt?

Brian.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day. Calvin and Hobbes.
debbiej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost afraid to jinx my good westy luck by adding to this post! my 04 passat broke down dead. had to be flatbed towed. when I met the truck to pick up the passat, I was driving the westy. the truck starting trying to get into position to load up the westy. "no, no, it's the other VW" I said.
we both got a bit of a chuckle out of that. sometimes I wonder, but the van always makes it there and back.
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was Wine Rack moving day for me. My Tiguan doesn't hold very many
of them, like none! Well I had to use my Westy. Got it all loaded up at the Plant
and I was off to my first Major Supermarket to deliver and assemble a mass piece
display. I'm a Gallo Wine rep in my market and the display was a nice Barefoot Wine
display for the hoildays! Boy do I love the holidays! The rest of my day was spent
delivering and setting up wire racks some on wheels, some not to other
accounts on my route. Thank God that most of the racks are already at my accounts,
I wouldn't want to make a habbit of using my Westy as a transport vehicle for
wine racks.
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
bjrogers86auto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: moving Reply with quote

I have used the van a few times this year for major stuff. I did a couple outdoor projects that required lumber and related supplies. On one trip I towed my utility trailer home loaded up pretty good. I had a moment when I thought I may have overdone it a bit.....but we made it home no problem.

Just last week I picked up some inside doors for a basement reno...easy as pie.

Next on the list is a bunch of MDF for more basement stuff...think I'll borrow my Dad's pick-up. That stuff is just too heavy!

I hear you Debbie with jinxing things. I'm not a superstitious guy but sometimes hate saying I've never used my CAA. But I haven't. Yet.

This month is storage month for us...such a sad time...hehe.

Brian.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day. Calvin and Hobbes.
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is about the past habits of my van! Sorta related to Debbie's post. Every time I see a CAA flatbed in front of my building, I instantly think, oh no not again. I even go up to them and have a laugh because its not for me. Someone across the street seems to need one a lot of times!!!! not me now, and hopefully forever
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: