Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wright Gearbox, Rickie W
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand_Pooh-bah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Wright Gearbox, Rickie W Reply with quote

This Feedback is long over due! and I'm tired of just seeing NEGATIVE STUFF in this section. Believe it or not , Their is Allot of GOOD guys and Shop's around in the VW Community! Cool but sometime we just focus on the BAD Sad

Last year, a good friend of mine I decided to purchase new turn key motors to drive to the VW CLASSIC 2012 in California from Miami, Florida and back!
After some research we decided to contact Rickie at Wright Gearbox since he is known for building some great tranny's and was starting to build motors. Upon contact, we told Rickie about our plans for the trip which he said we were crazy . After a few more phone calls, the 2 motors were purchased and then delivered to our location as promised with no issues or BS Cool .

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Long story short the trip went off as planned with the new motors except my VW was on a trailer since I needed a custom muffler made at A-1 which was another great experience. Once I had the exhaust done, several hundred miles were driven in California with no issues. The experience was so good that I visited Rickie and also purchased a transmission before my trip back to Miami Florida.

After, I have driven my VW approx. 7000 miles and I have only needed to do routine maintenance. It doesn't sound like allot of miles, but trust me when I tell you they weren't easy miles for this motor, I have a heavy foot.Very Happy Very Happy It Hauls ASSssssss!

As for my friend, except for dirty carbs and 120 degrees through the desert, He drove approx. 9000 miles round trip in his Bus with the new motor built by Rickie and his guys without any major issues.

I recommend Ricky from Wright Gearbox 100%

Keep up the GREAT WORK Rickie and Crew, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

They say MONEY don't buy HAPPINESS, BUT!, it buys me VW'S and lots of other SHIT and that makes me HAPPY!!!!!!!

MIAMI V-DUBS
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
neil68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Wright Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=369537&highlight=wright

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
68 Beetle 2332 cc, 204 WHP
12.5 seconds @ 107 mph
Dynojet Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9B_H3eklAo
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, please use that thread.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: