Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

52brezelfenster - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 52brezelfenster
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 01, 2024
Hector
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: 52brezelfenster - [email protected] Reply with quote

dustin sold me some very nice early ghia parts. described them to the TEE! i would recommend dustin to anyone..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wolfsburg Classics
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Dustin is a great guy to work with, honoured his word as I was first to reply to his add and I now have the NOS speedo in my hand.
Great communication, awesome parts and fast shipping, look forward to any future dealings with DRH.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Exaktaphile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustin is a great guy to deal with - excellent packaging, shipping, e-mail updates and an amazing product! Smile
robbo63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: feedback Reply with quote

Great dealing with Dustin, parts arrived as described to Scotland UK, no problems, will use again
vwman6559
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known Dustin for a few... okay maybe more than a few years now. Very straight foward guy and knows more about rare and vintage VW's than I ever want to. Always a great guy to talk with and a fantastic buyer too.
BB57GHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: [email protected] Reply with quote

Dustin sold me a mirror, but when I paid with paypal the address they gave him was an old one. He checked from his end and e-mailed almost every day to ensure I received it. I did ( post office forwarded it) received in great shape looks better than the pix. Thanks Dustin great seller
Hector
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: 1957 Agave Green Beetle Reply with quote

In the late months of 2011, Dustin posted an agave green 57 beetle for sale. This particular vehicle caught my eye & i immediately inquired. Dustin told me that the beetle was still undergoing restoration, however was very close to being complete. I asked Dustin if he could complete the restoration to a full turn key vehicle (Driving & stopping) & i would be more than willing to pony up the difference. Dustin agreed on completing the restoration & we then settled on a final price.

In the mid days of January 2012, the agave green beetle was at my door step. Dustin was very accurate at describing how clean & detailed the vehicle was. I must admit, the car exceeded my expectations.

Make a long story short, this was a model car & by far not road worthy at all when i got it. The 36hp motor which Dustin claimed to be fresh with NOS parts sounds like crap & leaks oil like no other. The timing, valves & carb (fuel/air) was no where near correct. Dustin failed to align the front wheels, adjust steering box & adjust & bleed the brakes as we agreed over a telephone conversation. Furthermore, Dustin lied about the vehicle being equip with 4 original German fenders. Only 1 is an original German dimpled fender. When i called Dustin to confront him about these issues, he did not answer & did not return my call.

In conclusion, I trusted Dustin since i have purchased items from him previously with great results. However, i was proven wrong this time. In addition to paying nice lump sum for a fully restored car, i had to spend more of my hard earned money to make this car road worthy. (Driving/Stopping)

It would be very difficult for me to give Dustin positive feed back & have a member of our community undergo what i have. I do not know Dustin personally, but i hope to meet him at a show someday. I'm sure Dustin is a good guy, but he needs to address his integrity issues. If anyone has any questions, comments &/or concerns....please feel more than free to contact me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1957 Agave Green Beetle Reply with quote

Hector wrote:
In the late months of 2011, Dustin posted an agave green 57 beetle for sale. This particular vehicle caught my eye & i immediately inquired. Dustin told me that the beetle was still undergoing restoration, however was very close to being complete. I asked Dustin if he could complete the restoration to a full turn key vehicle (Driving & stopping) & i would be more than willing to pony up the difference. Dustin agreed on completing the restoration & we then settled on a final price.

In the mid days of January 2012, the agave green beetle was at my door step. Dustin was very accurate at describing how clean & detailed the vehicle was. I must admit, the car exceeded my expectations.

Make a long story short, this was a model car & by far not road worthy at all when i got it. The 36hp motor which Dustin claimed to be fresh with NOS parts sounds like crap & leaks oil like no other. The timing, valves & carb (fuel/air) was no where near correct. Dustin failed to align the front wheels, adjust steering box & adjust & bleed the brakes as we agreed over a telephone conversation. Furthermore, Dustin lied about the vehicle being equip with 4 original German fenders. Only 1 is an original German dimpled fender. When i called Dustin to confront him about these issues, he did not answer & did not return my call.

In conclusion, I trusted Dustin since i have purchased items from him previously with great results. However, i was proven wrong this time. In addition to paying nice lump sum for a fully restored car, i had to spend more of my hard earned money to make this car road worthy. (Driving/Stopping)

It would be very difficult for me to give Dustin positive feed back & have a member of our community undergo what i have. I do not know Dustin personally, but i hope to meet him at a show someday. I'm sure Dustin is a good guy, but he needs to address his integrity issues. If anyone has any questions, comments &/or concerns....please feel more than free to contact me.

Welcome to the club, unfortunately.

I've held back for a few years on Dustin publicly, but its no secret among all my well known contacts in the hobby what he did to me on buying a "restored" split ragtop beetle from him back in 2003, and several others here have also seen that disaster split, and know in detail what I went through on that car.

The split I bought from him was a complete nightmare when it arrived here, and he even said straight up, up front that the only thing this "perfect split" needed was maybe a "new semaphore switch", lol. I took him at his word as he was an active member of the DKF club and thought he was a good guy I could trust and believe without seeing the car in person, BIG lesson learned. Never buy a car from anyone nomatter who they are, without seeing it up front.

Took me a good 2-3 years while starting my custom fab business here to right everything on the car, with thousands spent and 100+ hours to turn it into really a near perfect split, you can see the "after" pics in my gallery. If it wasn't due to being able to do my own work I don't know what I would of done honestly.

Although Dustin didn't restore the split I got, I sort of found out the hard way as good as he talks about VWs, he actually knows and does very little with these cars. He did fly over to inspect its restoration in the Netherlands at the time, and he did provide me with alot of pictures before buying, but alot of finished work was pure bodgery, plus the car was delivered with a mix of visible important oval parts on it that should of been split parts, like an oval rear view mirror, door handles, etc etc!

It was the kind of car that more you kept digging into the more problems I ran into. Right off the transport truck the ragtop sunroof would not open, frozen up solid! That should of been the warning sign right there. I figured a few small adjustments would cure it, but once I got inside it what a complete disaster it was, and then it needed a completely new cover and headliner to get it straight and functional!! A few days later the rotted out drivers side window regulator gave way and collapsed and the door glass into the door, had to rebuild both doors and fabricate brand new regulators.

The most aggregious find, was when pulling back the filthy carpets and going over everything (because I had to) and finding 2 fake glued on KAMAX chassis to pan bolt heads. Glued on because the chassis was misaligned to the pan and the holes didn't line up, so the restorer just hacksawed off a few bolt heads and glued them on (Carool Coenen of the Netherlands, dirtbag #2), so then everything came off here to fix it, imagine? After paying full price for that car. The list went on and on and on, and thankfully I now forget most of the issues among many wrong parts and overall poor craftsmanship, etc etc.

Ultimately, after alot of pressing of Dustin over alot of time we actually agreed to a mere fractional good faith cash settlement on his part for all the problems that I had to correct myself. BUT eventually he stalled me on that for a few months, until he just finally renigged altogether!! Couldn't even pony up a measly $1K, a pittance of what owning this car cost me. I just washed my hands of him after that and spread the word.

Dustin is a great salesman no doubt, he knows how to sell buyers by manipulating their emotions over a car, rather than on substance. The funny end to this saga is that I sold the car to Drew Colome when I was done with it, and sold it back to Dustin, who admitted the car was "a completely different car", duh, and thankfully he paid for that. So he emails me out of the blue after buying saying hes' "reaching out" to commend me on my work. So I told him to reach out for his check book instead, and that was last I ever heard from him. I suppose now he may "reach out" with some kind of sale-sy excuses, thats what he is best at.

Hopefully you'll find a way to settle this with him, but just prepare yourself for a big life lesson instead.
Hector
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:::UPDATE:::

I have been making effortless attempts to make contact with Dustin all week and speak to him about coming to an agreement about the things he failed to do on the oval he sold me. Dustin does not answer me, nor replies to any of my e-mails or calls. I am done & can only urge members of this community to NOT buy anything from Dustin since he is shady and not an honest person. Everyday i move things around the oval, i discover new halfa$$ work Dustin did which he failed to mention.
52brezelfenster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not be responding to the details of this transaction due to physical threats that have been made against me from the buyer.

The appropriate people have been notified of the situation.

Dustin
Hector
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save you're key strokes for the next victim Dustin. Everyone is tired of hearing you're continuous BS. & if you're gonna open you're rat trap at all make sure it's to me, we got unfinished business to take care of..
scalevws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Awesome Reply with quote

I bought a bus part. Quick response and shipping. Extremely pleased.
Thanks.
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold Dustin parts on a couple of occasions and communication was easy and payments quick. Thanks Dustin.
Signmaxusa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustin sold me some parts at a good price and they were as he described them and arrived quickly. He is a good communicator and follows up with email to make sure i received the parts ok.

Your the man!
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some WW safari window seals from Dustin. Very easy to work with. Smooth deal. Thanks, man!

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
71single
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: translucent plug wires Reply with quote

Good guy to deal with man of his word does what he says will deal with again
ONEBADBUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: 52brezelfenster - [email protected] Reply with quote

Nice guy to deal with, thank you Sir.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slo1960
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 52brezelfenster - [email protected] Reply with quote

Dustin strikes again!
Hector & Brezelworks and others, I am sorry to hear of your past dealings with Dustin, he too burned me this past few months on a ’67 VW bug with his convincing story and broken promises. Yes, he is obviously a great salesman for sure! Here is how the deal went down between him and his supposed “friendship” with me, after 15 years of knowing each other here in Oregon.
History of this deal: The ’67 VW Bug I owned only a year, after buying it from the original owner where the car had spent all of its life (the past 50 years) in Beaverton Oregon at a USPS employees home till I was offered it. Read on:
History after the original owner as follows: Well I purchased this wonderful survivor ’67 VW Bug a year ago to keep and restore for my family, it was a dream car. Then my wife became very ill these past few months and was flown to UCLA medical center in California from Oregon for major surgery, so the timing and finances just weren't right for us to keep this car, but still it was NEVER advertised for sale!!! Mentioned only to a few people in the VW community who were of course interested but I never sold it to them since I did not want it to leave Oregon or worst yet be shipped out to another country. Then out of nowhere comes a surprise telephone call from an old “friend” Dustin after 5 years of almost no contact, he was asking how things were going in my life? So in hindsight now I realize he was only contacting me about the original owner ’67 beetle which he obviously had heard about me acquiring, not at all about “friendship” or how I was doing... Then come’s his story of how he would love to own the ‘67 bug for him and his enthusiastic young Son who BTW is awesome! I was very pleased to know he wanted to acquire this car for a “Father and Son project” and to keep it here in Oregon. We both knew finding such an original car like this was a real gem and a really rare find and I just wanted Dustin and his son to enjoy it so they were selected to be the new owners for a fantastic deal.
Yes, I decided to sell this original paint original owner car with terms to Dustin at a reduced “friend” price in order for it to end up in a good home, at least so I thought… Dustin had talked a good talk knowing full well the terms were to keep this ’67 VW bug in Oregon “per the original owner’s wishes and also mine”. Dustin also agreed to the terms of letting the original owner and me see the car in person and have a ride it when the minimal restoration was done. He also acted like this was going to be for Dustin and his Son, NOT some quick flip deal…. Therefor at that time my main concerns where met, to honor the 1st owner’s requests to see his original owner car in person when finished and keep it here in Oregon. I thought this was the best of both worlds for everyone involved all things considered. I knew Dustin from years back and trusted him to do the right thing. Most importantly the original owner’s wishes would be met as well…. So it was agreed that I would sell Dustin the ’67 VW Bug at a reduced “friend” price…. What are "friends" for right? Unfortunately the bad news came only 2 1/2 months later that Dustin did not honor his promises but instead decided to flip the car on eBay for a huge profit, his sales price was 13k after very minimal restoration, a very tidy quick profit only to satisfy his own greedy pocket book, all while totally misleading me and everyone else along the way. I sold the car to him for $3200.00 so go figure. Note: Dustin never followed up on his promises for me or the original owner to see the car in person or be given a drive in it when finished as he’d promised …. Also Note: Dustin listed this car on eBay only 2 ½ months after purchasing and exactly at the same time he knew my wife, daughter and I were traveling to UCLA in California for my wife’s serious medical surgery, knowing full well that we would be gone for 2-3 weeks in February 2016. I’d even contact him before leaving from Oregon to CA to let Dustin know and also ask how the car cleanup was coming along. Dustin said “no problem the car is looking great and it’s going nowhere anytime soon” and then he “assured me he was looking forward to us enjoying a future ride in the bugger when my family and I got back from UCLA”. Obviously while we were at UCLA medical center Dustin was hoping I would not catch his underhanded dealings on his part when he decided to list the car for sale on eBay while obviously hoping I wouldn’t see it online while we were out of town and at the hospital. He obviously calculated this move plain and simple! Honesty is apparently not a part of who Dustin is these days!!! Most importantly to me was that Dustin inappropriately listed private information in his description regarding the "Private Personal Information of the Original Owner and his Wife, both their First and Last names and also where they lived AND where he worked”!!!! Without consent from anyone!!! Note: I contacted Dustin personally while we were at UCLA (during an obviously stressful time) about his ruthless tactics of listing this car on eBay especially with this private information which was not to be shared with anyone. I never thought he’d be stupid enough to share this kind of information online, but NO, he did it only to pump up his sale price of the bug. I pleaded with him and asked Dustin to at least edit his description to remove the original owners names and their personal information, and also told him “these are very private people wishing for their names to never show up on the net in a google search or on eBay in such a private way!!!. Dustin ignored my multiple pleas and requests to edit his description…. He simply ignored me and let the auction run its course till the price was high enough that he then canceled all bids on eBay and made a direct sale to one of the high bidders to save himself on eBay fees. This is obviously just the way he works these days! I had no idea he turned into this kind of slick car dealer/flipper till looking him up online recently and finding multiple negative comments about his actions on the Samba, and also after hearing from others in the VW world who explained how Dustin has done similar things to them and others as well over these past several years.... So, that is why I have chosen to speak out about Dustin’s latest burn job on me and my family. May this be a warning to all others in the future!!! I am very disappointed in how my family and I were treated by Dustin (the supposed “friend”) this past February, and in my opinion he is definitely lacking morals and good judgement in his life these days!!! I feel sorry for him that he’s fallen so low in his integrity of life since I once knew him in the past... Shame on you!!!!
mountain bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: 52brezelfenster - [email protected] Reply with quote

Dustin has purchased Parts from me with no problem whatsoever. He e-mailed that "he'd take it" and he did just as quick. He even sent me a note that he'd received the part. I'd have no qualms about selling to Dustin in the future.
bugasm Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 52brezelfenster - [email protected] Reply with quote

Dustin bought a part from me and communication was great and payment was quick
Thanks again Dustin!!
56 Sedan, 57 Sunroof (2), 62 Notch, 65 Cal-look Sedan, 65 Razor Ghia, 65 Baja, 68 Squak, 69 Ghia Coupe, 69 Bus, 69 Empi Imp (#1208),70 Volksrod

***If it isn't on Samba, it doesn't exist!!!***
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: