Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Part Number
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfej1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Part Number Reply with quote

82 westy......

Anyone have the number of the rubber piece that connects the hoses from the Deceleration Air valve and the Brake Servo to the Intake manifold? It is a rubber "tee" so to speak.

I was hoping to get a direct replacement as opposed to rigging something up.

Thanks KF

On another note, anyone ever had a problem with brake fluid getting sucked into the intake manifold?
1979 Yamaha DT 175
1995 Toyota 4Runner
nod7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can't find a part number, I go here; http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/vw/T2/1987/65/

I had to create a login for the forum to use the catalog (there's a link at the top) and then click back to the catalog (when your in the forum there's a link to the catalog at the top)

Once I get the part number, I do a google search for that number and it usually comes up some place. Hard to get ones often end up coming from websites based in Germany.

I saw lats of O-Rings & Gaskets etc when I was browsing http://www.airheadparts.com/ yesterday

Hope this was helpful

-nod7
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the part number you are looking for is 022 133 083 D. I can't be sure though. Yes, I have seen brake fluid in the intake before, but it is not a common failure. The master cylinder will weap enough fluid out the back of it to eventually fill the booster to the point where it can draw brake fluid into the engine. If this is the case, the booster may have some other problems. You at least need to pull the master cylinder back from the booster and clean the brake fluid out. Brake fluid is water soluable, so you might want to rinse the booster with water. Either way, it is a mess. Bummer.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: