Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

dawerks - [email protected] - JP in Canada
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: dawerks
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 21, 2024
Clifton Campers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a total joke JP!

We had an agreement that i would pay you a remaining $300 after the bus arrived in the UK so i had some kind of cover as i was buying blind and the first time i had bought from abroad. THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU STEAL THE BLOODY ENGINE!!

I find it incredible that you are still advertising on here, with the sure amount of people that are all saying the same about you, that you have stolen from, conned and been dishonest with.

there are forum thread after forum threads about you and what you have done to people.

I was lucky in the fact that i do not let people like you ruin my thoughts of others. Even though you ruined the first ever import i did, i still imported more buses from reputable sellers on the samba who have never conned or deceived me. You give people a bad name who are trying to sell internationally with a level of trust.

I suggest you remove that advert and at least save someone some hassle that you will indefinitely cause them.

For everyone else out there too i am going to get in touch with the other buyers in question and ask them to add their thoughts about this also.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clifton Campers wrote:
You are a total joke JP!

We had an agreement that i would pay you a remaining $300 after the bus arrived in the UK so i had some kind of cover as i was buying blind and the first time i had bought from abroad. THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU STEAL THE BLOODY ENGINE!!

I find it incredible that you are still advertising on here, with the sure amount of people that are all saying the same about you, that you have stolen from, conned and been dishonest with.

there are forum thread after forum threads about you and what you have done to people.

I was lucky in the fact that i do not let people like you ruin my thoughts of others. Even though you ruined the first ever import i did, i still imported more buses from reputable sellers on the samba who have never conned or deceived me.

$300? NO, 500 GBP! Small difference in price. But at least you admit to owing me money!

I sent you the bus running, driving. You have the videos as stated. What are you babbling about 3 years after the fact??

Also, it wasn't your 'first import', you are a known 'sob story flipper.' That's the same story you tell everyone, 'first bus, or, father son project' or whatever else you come up with.

People buy from me because they get their goods, at a great price. If something is up, they are welcome to come pick up the bus in person. I'm advertising here because I don't have anything to hide (unlike you Ryan, how many emails/accounts are you really using, come on!)
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

busben wrote:

and I had recently been able to buy a really nice screen / roof clip from JP at Dawerks in Canada (thanks dude!) which, together with a front roof section that Florian had sold me a while back would piece together the front nicely.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks Ben! Smile
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold this bus to a soldier in Washington. 1963 21 Window. I dropped it off to him personally and told him to inspect it and make sure it's what he wanted. He was ecstatic with it. The frame was rusty! But I did the best I could to make it solid and I sold it for a really really good price ($20K!)

dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold this 1959 Double Cab to a guy in Germany. (For a very good price $12K!). Painted, running driving.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1356733

The photo link doesn't work.

I will try to find the other buses I have sold and if any owner is not happy with them, I'll happily buy them back for what I sold them for (like I told them, money back gaurentee! Who else offers that?)
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kombi shipped to the UK. Owner was very very happy with it (I will try to find email and post).

dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGSG bus shipped to the UK. Here pictured at the shipper I use, Bekins Worldwide. They are great and I have worked with them for a long time.

Sometimes if the new buyer is worried about sending so much money, sight unseen, we make a deal with the broker/shipper. The bus is sent to them, and because they bonded, they can verify the condition, parts, and that they have it.

It has worked out really really well for all parties involved!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-0CuZyOo7UmI/U-W...sg%2B-%2B1
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1969 Porsche 911. Shipped to Germany. (Shouldn't have sold this!) Smile Buyer is very very happy!

dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold this 1959 Double Cab to a bloke in Germany. (Should never have sold this!). Very happy with it!

bigdish2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: 1960 15w Reply with quote

Been talking to dawarks for a few years on here and finally made a deal on this 1960 15w. He delivered it to blackstar camp out as he promised and on time. I will buy something else down the road and have no issue on recommending him to a another buyer. Thanks Bryce talk to you later

In the stash

1954 & 63 Vert
1956 Dove blue camper
(2) 1958 23w deluxes
1958 PGSG 11w og paint
1958 logo dd panel
1959 dove blue 11w
(5) 15w deluxes
(2) 1960,63,65 double cabs
1963 swr/bg 11w og paint
1964 limo bus 350 powered
1964 SO36 Dormobile flipseat Westy
1966 (2) so42’s og paint
1969 (2) porsche 912s
1969 dart swinger 340
(3) Porsche 911s sunroof,targa,cab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bryce, just noticed this Smile You are awesome and the trip was great. Glad you are happy with the bus!
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold a Kombi to a nice guy in the UK; here is his feedback via Email (sold on the samba).

Quote:

Alright JP,hope you well just to let you know the van has finally got to my garage,sweet.Like you said its clean and solid.I have a mate who my be interested in the same sort of project is it something you would be able to help with in the future?toby (a very happy toby)

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 16:57:00 -0600
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - 1965 Kombi project, very straight and solid
To: [email protected]

megatronic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: dawerks - [email protected] - JP in Canada Reply with quote

Ive been looking for a van to buy for a while,and being based in the united kingdom splitscreen prices are fetching a premium,I decided to look overseas through THESAMBA.COM
I came across a 1958 panel van being advertised by DAWERKS in Canada,the price seemed good and he was offering to help/ organize shipping etc,so this did appeal to me,the van had been painted white and had no interior or engine,which suited me as I already had an idea what I wanted to build.
I did a bit of background hunting on dawerks and found quite a few bad feedbacks etc,in the end I managed to track down someone in the UK who had also purchased a van from him,and managed to have a long phone conversion on his dealings with dawerks,and after this I made my decision.
After a few emails to dawerks and around 50 pictures later,I sent payment to him.
From this point on he kept me updated with photos and progress of the vans long journey from Edmonton to Vancouver.
8 weeks later the van arrived in the UK and I collected it yesterday.
I was suprised in the overall condition of the van and I have to say apart from a couple of minor things,the van was just as he described,and as a bonus he also gave me a complete spare rear axle, 2 exhausts and a 4 inch narrow beam which looks unused,and some camper furniture.
I think its worth taking the time to post on here and give my experience of DAWERKS ( A POSITIVE ONE) and I would be happy to deal with him again in the future.
curbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: dawerks - [email protected] - JP in Canada Reply with quote

One shady guy!
Take great care when dealing with him as he often does not tell the truth or give you the complete picture!
I was about to complete a deal on a bus he is selling, what he failed to mention is the complete front chassis section has been hacked out of this bus.
I only discovered this by searching pictures on this site (thanks Samba)
Pm me if you need to!
stcos85
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: dawerks - [email protected] - JP in Canada Reply with quote

I haven't posted on here but having just seen a bus being advertised I think I should make people aware of my dealings. I acknowledge that I had a long ongoing arrangement which ended up with me buying a 15 window. It was agreed that works would be carried out by JP but after over a year of no action I decided to cut my losses and have the bus shipped over to me.

The bus clearly needed a lot of work and part of the deal was that the damaged side and long panel would be replaced. I paid for the long panel but this was never fitted. When I received the bus it had no engine fitted. I wont go further but if anyone wants to pm me I will happily share my dealings and before a response is sent I do have emails confirming that the engine would be included
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: dawerks - [email protected] - JP in Canada Reply with quote

curbo wrote:
One shady guy!
Take great care when dealing with him as he often does not tell the truth or give you the complete picture!
I was about to complete a deal on a bus he is selling, what he failed to mention is the complete front chassis section has been hacked out of this bus.
I only discovered this by searching pictures on this site (thanks Samba)
Pm me if you need to!

Mark never bought or came to anything close to agreeing to buy a bus. He went off when I wouldn't agree to his lowballs. Anyone can confirm he is a lowballer and went on tilt. Never sold him a bus or not given him the complete picture.

Anyone is welcome to come inspect buses I sell in person. Or send someone. He's giving me grief because I outted him on SSVC as Ned. (Multiple user names).
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: dawerks - [email protected] - JP in Canada Reply with quote

stcos85 wrote:
I haven't posted on here but having just seen a bus being advertised I think I should make people aware of my dealings. I acknowledge that I had a long ongoing arrangement which ended up with me buying a 15 window. It was agreed that works would be carried out by JP but after over a year of no action I decided to cut my losses and have the bus shipped over to me.

The bus clearly needed a lot of work and part of the deal was that the damaged side and long panel would be replaced. I paid for the long panel but this was never fitted. When I received the bus it had no engine fitted. I wont go further but if anyone wants to pm me I will happily share my dealings and before a response is sent I do have emails confirming that the engine would be included

It's true, I sold you a 15 Window. You also fail to leave out the 2-3 years of dealings we had where you forgot to pay me for my time. Remember that? How about the 2 1968 Chargers, the Challenger I painted for you, where is the money for those cars? The 911 I went and saw. And lets not forget the trip to San Fran I took for you so you wouldn't get screwed on a Super Bee.

And all you have to say is about the Panel that wasn't fitted because I know you wouldn't pay me? Please! Let's hear the whole story Steve, not just one tiny selected part of it. You weren't going to pay me, so when I asked for money up front you, balked. You backed out of at least 4-5 car deals yet I kept believing you would eventually even things out and take delivery on ONE car. And the one you finally did, you were not happy even though I sold you a 15 Window for 1/2 price.

And to top it off, I never even sold you that bus on the samba! You came to me and asked me to do these things for you, and when you couldn't extract more time/money wasted from me, you post this. Cool beans, what can I do, I'm always the bad guy.
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: dawerks - [email protected] - JP in Canada Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1918866

Sold to a happy buyer in BC. I will try to get him to post up + feedback (or whatever he feels).

Also;
Quote:
Postby zerocool » Fri May 20, 2016 6:15 pm

Just to vouch for this guy I bought a van from him last november,shipping was 1300 quid through Bekins and took 6 weeks to arrive at the london port
I was very happy with my purchase and it was a cheap buy
feel free to contact me with any queries

Hey, I gotta do what I gotta do. Smile If people won't post positive feedback directly, I gotta post what they said myself!
Richard Humphries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: dawerks - [email protected] - JP in Canada Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1918866

Sold to a happy buyer in BC. I will try to get him to post up + feedback (or whatever he feels).

Also;
Quote:
Postby zerocool » Fri May 20, 2016 6:15 pm

Just to vouch for this guy I bought a van from him last november,shipping was 1300 quid through Bekins and took 6 weeks to arrive at the london port
I was very happy with my purchase and it was a cheap buy
feel free to contact me with any queries

Hey, I gotta do what I gotta do. Smile If people won't post positive feedback directly, I gotta post what they said myself!

Hey just bought the 66 double cab from JP all went well super happy with the perches
stcos85
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: dawerks - [email protected] - JP in Canada Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
stcos85 wrote:

It's true, I sold you a 15 Window. You also fail to leave out the 2-3 years of dealings we had where you forgot to pay me for my time. Remember that? How about the 2 1968 Chargers, the Challenger I painted for you, where is the money for those cars? The 911 I went and saw. And lets not forget the trip to San Fran I took for you so you wouldn't get screwed on a Super Bee.

And all you have to say is about the Panel that wasn't fitted because I know you wouldn't pay me? Please! Let's hear the whole story Steve, not just one tiny selected part of it. You weren't going to pay me, so when I asked for money up front you, balked. You backed out of at least 4-5 car deals yet I kept believing you would eventually even things out and take delivery on ONE car. And the one you finally did, you were not happy even though I sold you a 15 Window for 1/2 price.

And to top it off, I never even sold you that bus on the samba! You came to me and asked me to do these things for you, and when you couldn't extract more time/money wasted from me, you post this. Cool beans, what can I do, I'm always the bad guy.

We did have dealings over a few years and you certainly had your money from me. You had a challenger car painted but it didnt have the door shuts done so we agreed to sell over your side. Bought a charger that you cut the rear off to repair and didnt do the work so again had to sell it. I paid your expenses to view a car in CA for me and i can go on.

The 15 window as we agreed was going to be repaired around the b post with a new long side panel that i paid for. Bus was shipped without the repairs completed, without the side panel and without an engine and you kept my money. You had my money for over a year to complete the works. I can attach your email stating that you couldnt be bothered to fit the engine as you viewed i wouldnt have been happy with it but whats the point. Just hope others dont have the same experiences.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: