Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwilliamshs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning? Reply with quote

http://www.eezi-awn.co.za/eeziawn/awnings.html

The Series 2000 look familiar? SAME AWNING.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It's my belief Eezi Awn is just a reciprocal of the A&E brand.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.p...mp;thumb=1

Here's a pic of the Eezi Awn logo that's on the plastic end caps of their awning. It's basically identical to the A&E logo on my stock caps. Looks like they just flipped the mold plate.

Last edited by mwilliamshs on Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:54 am; edited 8 times in total
mwilliamshs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning? Reply with quote

https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree30/ExplodedPartsViewController?productId=79

possible help from another awning brand, Carefree of Colorado. See item 6

My parents have one of their awnings on a camper so I'll test my Transawn foot with their FreedomIII bracket next time I'm down there
mwilliamshs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning? Reply with quote

Ordered gutter mounting kit from Eezi Awn in Australia, cheaper than dometic even with shipping halfway around the globe. Also ordered new pvc end caps (all 4) and caps plus gutter kit was still cheaper than just brackets from Dometic/Adventure RV/etc. The foot-holding body-mounted brackets are not used/made/available from Eezi Awn.

Anybody got a close-up pic of the Dometic foot brackets?

EDIT: found some

Might just whip up some of these and install with VHB instead of drilling holes

BUT I'd use these spring-loaded, internal retainers instead of that clumsy pin-and-clip that I can imagine leading to paint scratches galore

uncommonvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning? Reply with quote

I just picked one of these up on the weekend for my Whitestar. I found it while looking at cheap tent trailers.

Looks to need a good cleaning and the latches are rusty. I was happy to pay $100 CDN for it. I'll make my own gutter mounts to attach it to the van. Thanks for the links to find the latches. $20 a pair is fine by me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning? Reply with quote

Bought an Eezi Awn 2000, does anyone know where to buy mounting brackets + pressure clamps? (Europe preferred).
rmcd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning? Reply with quote

Just found us distributor.

https://www.equipt1.com/products/series-2000-awning
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning? Reply with quote

For those buying an old Trans-Awn or a new Eezi-Awn, you can use Fiamma mounting brackets:

I ditched the small 30-year-old Dometic brackets a couple weeks ago and installed the beefier Fiamma brackets (ARB brackets would probably work as well, but RMW didn't have any in stock when I was browsing). The original case holes were re-used, but an additional hole was added for each bracket. The awning is now sturdier and sits higher eliminating this problem: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=706841 . Added bonus: The accessory track on the case can now be used for... accessories! Very Happy

If you go this route: You'll be using only two brackets. Adding a third at the C-pillar will be impossible without making modifications. There's a lengthwise curve to the vans, which makes it difficult to utilize a third/center bracket without adding a ton of torque/outward force to the front bracket and, thus, damaging the gutter (I hypothesize that that's the reason for the minor gutter damage on my van since the awning was mounted using 3 Dometic brackets).
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ambrose_d
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning? Reply with quote

mwilliamshs wrote:
https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree30/ExplodedPartsViewController?productId=79

possible help from another awning brand, Carefree of Colorado. See item 6

My parents have one of their awnings on a camper so I'll test my Transawn foot with their FreedomIII bracket next time I'm down there

Any luck with these? Or anyone else come up with a solution for the bottom bracket?
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning? Reply with quote

Anyone have a set of end caps for the trans awn kicking about?

Just need to borrow for some reverse engineering to create some repro availability.

Thank you
LP
Its a mistress; an expensive, whiney, needy bitch of a mistress. She is a chunky, dirty girl with bad skin, little motivation and yet she always makes me smile. She sure has been around before shacking up with me. She has a direct line to my wallet, plays with my emotions, is consistantly jovial yet with a sarcastic and sardonic side, is consistant in her inconsistancy, and every once in a while gives me a great ride and a fantastic memory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning? Reply with quote

chojinchef wrote:

Just need to borrow for some reverse engineering to create some repro availability.

Thank you
LP

They are available from Eqipt Expeditions in Salt Lake City. They are the Eezi Awn importers:

https://www.equipt1.com/collections/awnings
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning? Reply with quote

Well that makes that repair easy. Thank you.

Love My Westy wrote:
chojinchef wrote:

Thank you
LP

They are available from Eqipt Expeditions in Salt Lake City. They are the Eezi Awn importers:

https://www.equipt1.com/collections/awnings

Its a mistress; an expensive, whiney, needy bitch of a mistress. She is a chunky, dirty girl with bad skin, little motivation and yet she always makes me smile. She sure has been around before shacking up with me. She has a direct line to my wallet, plays with my emotions, is consistantly jovial yet with a sarcastic and sardonic side, is consistant in her inconsistancy, and every once in a while gives me a great ride and a fantastic memory.
KBM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning? Reply with quote

Still have the TA-2000. Bought the Bus Depot Larger Awning with walls. Want to keep the AT-2000 installed for overnights then add the BD Large awning for several days stays. Best of both. AT-2000 attached with two GW brackets.

Have seem some make bracket for raising the roll up awning attached to the roof rack leaving almost all of the rain gutter available for the tent type awning.

Anyone seem this or done it themselves?
rmcd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: How Many Still Have the A&E TransAwn 2000 Awning? Reply with quote

Kind of? I modified a set of aluminum TransAwn brackets to add more bearing surface where it rests on the gutter. I also experimented with making them taller. Maybe there is lesson or approach that will help you?

And a set for sale. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2503031
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: