Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Volkswagen Smell
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Smell Reply with quote

smells bring back plenty of memories and those in a vw bring back plenty, something about an acvw that just does it for me.. makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside Confused can't explain it but it has a draw toward them like a magnet, German Fever they call it...
myclassicrideeu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Smell Reply with quote

Link

Bambergvr6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Smell Reply with quote

Hi gang, i am glad I am not the only one who feels this way about VW smells. I am not talking about fuel or oil. Although the engine also has its smells, especially the exhaust.

I have been into VWs all my life. I was even brought home from the hospital in a 69 Beetle in 1970. My Dad's first new car. My 1st car was a 68 Beetle, that was 1985, when I was 15 1/2 years old. Ever since then, I have always had a VW. I currently have a few VWs, none of which are original, my 81k original mile 74 Standard Beetle which I have restored, no longer has the proper smell.

When I smell the insides of original Beetles and Karmann Ghias, it brings back so many fond memories. I flashback, get energized, excited, my heart pumps faster, it's definitely something that is hard wired in me.

Now, I have been to a few VW museums around the world, have smelled lots of interiors, and I have owned a great number of VWs in my life. One thing I want to point out, is the smell changes with the different eras. Example: A 1956 Karmann Ghia with its original Mohair headliner, smells different than a 1970 Karmann Ghia with its vinyl headliner. Same goes with Beetles, as A 1962 Beetle smells different than a 1973 Super Beetle Sport Bug. The seats in a Sport Bug had foam bottoms and horsehair backrest, also with carpet changes, that also effected the smell. I would also assume a 1979 Super Beetle Convertible has its own unique smell.

I think it would be awesome to have a variety of incenses like early 50s Split Beetle, 50s Bus, 50s Bug, 60s Bug, 70s Bug, Hippy 60s Bus, etc.

I realize some folks don't care for this smell, but for me, it's heaven.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Smell Reply with quote

But the big Question is where in the heck did Germans find/get Coconuts?
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: