Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Theft scare...
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Motomazzo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldskoolbug wrote:
Perhaps if this country weren't so lenient with criminals, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Don't worry. You all are not alone. The good ole' U.S. of A. is hot on your heels. We can't punish offenders anymore. Might hurt their feelers, lower the self-esteem, and stunt their social growth. Rolling Eyes

'66 Sedan Project - http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=410718

R.I.P. - Mikayla. I miss you Baby girl.
HyDr0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skabonner wrote:
Someone on here once suggested that you could run a line from the coil to the drivers side seat frame with a switch, to zap anybody who doesn't know about the switch. A little frightening if you as me though

I would love nothing more than to watch a theif gettin shocked to hell!!
But wait...then he would prolly sue ya and win!! lol

Check out Lowjack
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyDr0 wrote:
skabonner wrote:
Someone on here once suggested that you could run a line from the coil to the drivers side seat frame with a switch, to zap anybody who doesn't know about the switch. A little frightening if you as me though

I would love nothing more than to watch a theif gettin shocked to hell!!
But wait...then he would prolly sue ya and win!! lol

Check out Lowjack

the shock thing would be funny to watch remember the old'
Quote:
"dont taze me man!"
...lol personally i would prefer just to see somebody just get a good old New York beatin' and left somewhere!!
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sonoma_vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtpittt wrote:
Put an 8 track in it.

This does not deter them from breaking a window to get in the car.
I intentionally installed an 8-track deck.
No matter. They broke my window, yanked out the 8-Track deck, but then probably couldn't figure out what it was, and left it on the seat, and took off.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
Locks are for honest people, thieves take what they want, when they want. It's a shame to live in fear of being robbed. You can thank the U.S. lack of justice system for that.

Two weeks ago while on vacation in San Diego, a thief used a bolt cutter and cut the chain securing two bicycles to the back of my truck. One bicycle was Mrs. Cussers, 39 years old with narrow 27" wheels; the other was my 26" wider wheel 10-speed I bought at a rummage sale for $8.

These bicycles had been secured in same way well over 30 trips through the years, never been touched before.

I use The Club and a disconnect on my 1971 VW, and it is garaged.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: