Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NC Roll Call and Meet Up
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Povi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

Total success, it was nice to meet all of you. Thanks Josh and Cameron and anyone else responsible for making that happen.

The folks loved it. We're game anytime for another

If any of you need a hand or any 2.1 bits, spares, etc... you're welcome to them.

Cheers!
The Ovnic's
alebauer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

yes, it was awesome meeting you all. and I'm looking forward to the next time we can get together and being able to stay longer!
Chuckarlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

Had been waiting but the schedule didn't work out, that's a beautiful parking lot. I'll do my best to be there next time!
wynnep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

Sorry, I missed the outing. I spent the week before in Fayetteville, NC working on a mission project. I was to worn out to get there on Sunday.

I have 2 vans for sale. 1987 westy, 199000+ miles, manual trans, clean interior, needs tires, engine and trans are ?, lilttle rust. 1987 tintop 137000+/-miles, automatic, clean interior, needs tires, engine/trans ?, little rust. Asking $17500 for both. Both are located in Winston Salem, NC. email or text if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

Did you guys see where ashevillevanlife.com is hosting a 2-day camping part on a 50-acre farm 15 minutes from downtown Asheville? Sept 21 & 22 - 2018. I saw it on instagram but nothing on their website yet.
Herr Motorspiele
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

Looking to schedule another get together before summer vacation season kicks in. Wise Man seemed to be a good location however thinking Foothills tasting room off Stratford Road this time. It’s right off I-40, tons of parking, and usually food trucks on the weekend. With Ramkat open by Wise Man I’m not sure about the parking situation like last time. Open for other suggestions, but tentatively plan on June 3rd. Lock it down. Cool
Herr Motorspiele
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

It’s official, next get together will be:

1pm June 3rd at the Foothills Tasting Room.
3800 Kimwell Dr.
Winston-Salem, NC 27103

Designated van/bus parking, optional brewery tour at 3pm, and possibly a food truck.

Spread the word! Very Happy
Herr Motorspiele
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

I checked with Foothills and if anyone wants to cook out that day you can bring grills and of course cook in your van. Laughing
At this point we may want to plan on that anyway in case a food truck doesn't show up.
They also offer Grub Hub, Uber Eats, and several food delivery options if that's your preference.

Lastly, the tasting room is having a large event on the 10th called Hops and Shop. It's around 100 artists, craftsmen, vendors, live music, etc. It's usually pretty crowded. The tasting room manager asked if anyone would be interested in displaying their bus/van that day during the event. Please PM me if you would like his contact info. He needs to know 2 weeks out due to the size of the event and logistics for parking.

To clarify, we are still scheduled for the "official" van owners event on June 3rd at 1pm.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

I wish I could come, but driving from Asheville to a brewery for a couple hours while I hang out and talk about vans and then back to Asheville requires more self-restraint than I feel like having, if that makes sense.
Herr Motorspiele
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

mikemtnbike wrote:
I wish I could come, but driving from Asheville to a brewery for a couple hours while I hang out and talk about vans and then back to Asheville requires more self-restraint than I feel like having, if that makes sense.

No worries. Laughing I'd feel the same way if it was in Asheville and the roles were reversed. However, I'm guessing they'd be cool if you wanted to boondock in the parking lot. Wink
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

Oh man. I didn't see this coming. On Saturday some friends and I will be going to the Warrior Dash near Charlotte. Then Saturday night going to see Big Boi from Outkast in Greensboro. I didn't plan on it but I'll take my Westy so I can pop in and meet you fellas.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

If all goes well this weekend and I don't total my own van with power tools, I'll be field testing my new Westfauxlia that weekend one place or another. If boondocking is possible (top down at night, obviously) I will consider this rather than a free camping deal I have at an awesome summer camp venue in exchange for doing some volunteer work. We'll see.
Herr Motorspiele
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:
Oh man. I didn't see this coming. On Saturday some friends and I will be going to the Warrior Dash near Charlotte. Then Saturday night going to see Big Boi from Outkast in Greensboro. I didn't plan on it but I'll take my Westy so I can pop in and meet you fellas.

Awesome! Look forward to it!

mikemtnbike wrote:
If all goes well this weekend and I don't total my own van with power tools, I'll be field testing my new Westfauxlia that weekend one place or another. If boondocking is possible (top down at night, obviously) I will consider this rather than a free camping deal I have at an awesome summer camp venue in exchange for doing some volunteer work. We'll see.

I've asked the manager if this is an option, waiting on a response, will report back. Very Happy
Herr Motorspiele
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

Mike, I heard back and it’s a no go for boon-docking overnight.
Good news is they have confirmed a food truck!
Less than a week to go. Very Happy
wcdennis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

https://www.hipcamp.com/north-carolina/twin-chimney-farm/twin-chimney-farm

Here is a HipCamp spot, not too far away for $20/night.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
unplannedbbq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

Engine is still out of my weekender, but I will try to get there in a non-van. (3 hrs round trip should be an easy ride)

"However not an ideal swap unless it was all you had and you needed to escape some distopian 3rd world country." - Mongoswede
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

How is the area of Greensboro as terms of theft? Long story short, I have an Airbnb lined up for Saturday night. We basically want a real shower after our mud run.

As always - worried about my van being parked overnight. I'll be in a neighborhood. Wondering if I should rush home after work and install a kill switch before leaving.
Herr Motorspiele
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

Shagginwagon,
Greensboro is like most medium sized cities, there's good and there's bad parts of town. I'm guessing someone that offers up their house for an Airbnb is probably in a nicer part of town? Do you have an address? If it's near UNCG or Guilford College you're probably good. Eastern side of town is a little rougher from my experience. Also, I have no idea regarding vehicle theft, I'd be more concerned about someone breaking in and going through the van to steal small items. Can you ask the Airbnb host about secure parking? I've never used that service so not sure how it works.
You could always just disconnect the battery and reinstall the battery cover and carpet overnight instead of worrying about installing a kill switch.

Mikemtnbike,
There is also a Walmart a couple miles away that I think allows overnighters. Plus a Cracker Barrel a few miles away in Clemmons, right off 40, that might too.
I believe there are some websites that list free boondocking locations for RV's that would confirm if those two allow it.
Herr Motorspiele
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

Ok guys, today’s the day. Weather forecast looks great!
Hope everyone can make it out! Very Happy
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: NC Roll Call and Meet Up Reply with quote

It was great to meet everyone yesterday. I wish we could have stayed longer.

I saw a girl taking a picture of my van. I looked on Instagram under the Foothills 'location' and found she posted a picture of my van on her Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjlJaw-BexX/?hl=en&taken-at=1917976671759007
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: