Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ARB Awning Ship Time?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougnlina Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject: ARB Awning Ship Time? Reply with quote

What is the groups collective experience with the turn-around time when ordering an ARB awning? I ordered one four weeks ago and have not heard anything. I contacted the vendor and they are trying to track it down but it is a direct ship from ARB and with an upcoming vacation, it would be nice to see it before we head out. Has anyone ordered one recently and what was your experience?
Thanks, Doug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: ARB Awning Ship Time? Reply with quote

Hmmmm....wondering if this is a COVID-related production/distribution issue or a COVID-related demand issue with ARB. I already have the ARB 2500 and am trying to locate/purchase the Add-A-Room option and it appears that all the usual vendors are out-of-stock as well, so either ARB cannot get them produced and out the door OR everyone is buying them to go camping. Best of luck.
AZ Landshaper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: ARB Awning Ship Time? Reply with quote

No ARB experience but My business installs commercial shade sails and we are having a heckuva time getting our hands on those right now. Back ordered and out of stock with all three of my Vendors. Most of the aluminum products that I typically install are also very difficult to track down right now for whatever reason. The worst part about the whole issue is these companies whether online or not are willing to take payment before they tellu the product won’t ship any time soon. Many of my clients would rather choose a diff product but we are pinched when the money been collected w/o us knowing the situation.

Jay

-------------------------------------------------------
85 Weekender w/ EJ22
Previously
64, 71, 72, 73, 76, 81, 84, 85 & 87 Campmobiles and Westfalias
and a 67 bug.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ARB Awning Ship Time? Reply with quote

Summer Recreation? It's Backordered - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/04/style/outdoor-camping-gear-pools-backordered.html

Supply chain disruptions combined with remarkable increases in demand for all sorts of outdoor gear means we're waiting for stuff that used to be on retailer's shelves in previous years.

Plan ahead, this won't be going away anytime soon. Want it 8 weeks from now? It's time to order now.

Here's hoping your awning shows up soon.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Vanagon914
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: ARB Awning Ship Time? Reply with quote

i did amazon got it in 3 days free shipping
dougnlina Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: ARB Awning Ship Time? Reply with quote

ARB 814411? Amazon does not even show this model...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
greenlakesgary
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: ARB Awning Ship Time? Reply with quote

I ordered my ARB over a month ago [4 Wheel Drive Parts] and they were back ordered like everyone else at the time. The RV and boating businesses are booming this year - My buddy is the Marina business [sales] and this is his best year ever. Be patient. If anyone is thinking about one for their Vanagon next summer, don't wait until June like I did!!!
Rolling Eyes
dougnlina Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ARB Awning Ship Time? Reply with quote

FYI Awning Arrived today, 40 days after ordering, so pretty close to the 30 BUSINESS days they stated when I ordered it. However, I also ordered the screen room and that is nowhere in sight yet.
markswagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: ARB Awning Ship Time? Reply with quote

find an authorized dealer in your area, have an awning shipped to them, talk with them first about it, then i think you don't have to pay the shipping, a couple or three vandiegans have bought them this route, order it through a dealer, they are the same $, go pick it up, save a chunk of $ in shipping.

if anyone in san diego wants one, pm me, and i will find out who the dealer is, i know they are based in el cajon.

619 201 0310
pbrown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ARB Awning Ship Time? Reply with quote

I got lucky and was able to find one in stock at a local outfitter shop. It even has the built in LED lighting.

1986 Westy Syncro EJ25
Flickr --> https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQNUXEF
erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ARB Awning Ship Time? Reply with quote

pbrown wrote:
I got lucky and was able to find one in stock at a local outfitter shop. It even has the built in LED lighting.

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea the new awnings come with a light sleeve sewn across the center, but the light kit is sold separately. Hopefully I can figure out how to use it with my older 8’ awning. Doesn’t seem like it’s very useful in that location with the add-a-room though unless they have a clear section on the roof now.
dougnlina Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: ARB Awning Ship Time? Reply with quote

The LED lighting strip came with mine, no extra purchase required.
D
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: