Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

[email protected] Steve Tims Greg Tims Performance Works
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
COSTELLO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: [email protected] Steve Tims Greg Tims Performance Works Reply with quote

Full shop name: Performance Workshop

I recently bought a set of heads and intake manifolds from Greg Tims. Both the heads and intakes are absolutely superb. Even better is the customer service. I discussed with them my needs and wants. The heads are perfect. I recommend this seller to all.
67 Shane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say.
From the first call to Steve he spent a good amount of time explaining to me about what made his heads what they are. Why he does what he does to them and just ran me through the ins and outs of his recommended head for my setup. So I placed the order. He said he was a few weeks out on heads. I told him these were a Christmas gift for my girlfriend as we are building the 2017cc for her Bus. He said well since they are for Christmas I will start building them tomorrow. I waited a day or two and saw no invoice so I called him up. He had entered my email wrong and it looked like they wouldn't get here in time for Christmas. I paid the invoice as soon as it came in. After a few more days I called Tim for a tracking # to see if they would get here. Tim told me since he mixed up the invoice and it set us a few days behind he shipped em out 3 day and he paid the difference in shipping price which was more than I paid him for shipping. They arrived on Christmas Eve.
I cant thank or say enough good things about Tim and Greg. A great couple of guys. Tim is so down to earth and willing to explain or help in any way. I have never run across a vendor that would go the extra mile like he did. He wanted to sell me the right product for my application or not sell anything. He wanted me to be satisfied. And I couldn't be more! Thanks Tim the heads are beautiful, my girlfriend was happy as can be and Ill be sending my IDF manifolds back to you for the port matching. I cant thank you enough. I highly recommend him for anyone looking for performance heads!!!!!

67 Euro Type 1.
67 SO-42 Westfalia
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to start off by saying I sent my CE heads to AJ Sims 4 months ago without reading the comments and possibly mixing up the name with "Tims" since it's very close to "Sims".
Anyway, what a big mistake. My story can be found here. Please read it! I was fortunate to get my parts back; after a 2800 Mile Flight !. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1...;start=460

Prior to traveling from Maryland to California to pick them up I spoke to Steve Tims who was very understanding of my situation and offered to meet me in california, on my way to race in Baja Mexico, during the Memorial Holiday Weekend (on his day off). He gave me his cell number and said call anytime. Due to my tight travel plans I was able to pick the heads up from AJ Sims at Lowbugget.com on my way headed south but was not able to deliver them to Steve Tims until I got back to Cali. I left them with a friend there and came back to Maryland where I called and spoke to Greg this time. It was like talking to Steve. Again, very understanding and explained what could be done exactly like Steve Said. The heads are being shipped for me and should arrive at the Performance Workshop in a few days. I will report back about my experience but I have to say that so far it has been amazing, go-out-of-your way customer service! They even gave me a reasonable time frame for completion. I look forward to the finished product. And will FINALLY be able to complete my build.
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Steve and Greg Tims are top notch... I bought a pair of Stage II heads for my 2017 build from them and couldn't be happier. Beautiful work, and great service to boot. Can't wait to have the engine in my car, so I can report on the performance end of things.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
catbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just ordered a set of Stage 2 heads from these two gentleman.
I am impressed with them from just having them on the phone.
When my parts come in I will let you all know what I think...
Very Happy
catbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up my heads from the UPS office yesterday as they couldn't read my mind on when I was going to be home.

With just pulling them out of the boxes I am very pleased with my purchase and the craftsmanship that was put into them.

It took three and a half weeks to get them from the time that I had ordered them. Greg said about 2-3 weeks and was very close as them first arrived at my house a couple of days ago.

These are going on a 2332 with an FK-8 and 9:1 compression. Just about perfect according to Mr. Tims for these heads.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here you can see the port match and clean up they did.

Now I have to chop chop on the engine build so I can smile everytime I get in to go to work... Twisted Evil

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recieved my Competition Eliminator heads yesterday that were ported and rebuilt by Greg Tims.
Man they are SWEET!
They did a great job and AWESOME cusomer Service. If anyone has followed my ordeal with Lowbugget.com and AJ Sims you can understand how much I appreciate the work completed and customer service.
(found in Aj Sims Feedback forum)
I could not be happier with the work that was done.
Greg and Steve went above and beyond.
Take a look:

My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chris659
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far things are going great! Great communication and very responsive no matter if I call or email! I've had a lot of newbie engine questions and concerns about my build and they have been patient and nice throughout the entire thing!

They built a 2007cc long block with empi carbs I got from them as well. They port matched the manifolds using eir stage 1 heads.

They were even nice enough to supply a few other odds and ends to save me from ordering them from the manufacturer and placed them all on the same crate to save on shipping for me!

Now just waiting for everything to ship out and bolt it into the car!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vince1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a pair of chinese die cast Stage 2 heads + matched bugpack manifolds + a new cam for my bus engine (replacing Stage 1 Heads).

Wanted to try beehive springs and needed longer valves, Greg accepted to sell me Bare stage 2 heads, and took time with me choosing good valves for my application!;

Even if delivery time was a little longer than expected, communication has always been great and Greg has always been helpfull.

Top notch heads and top notch guys, what else...

Will sure buy from them again.

Thanks Steve and Greg for your awesome work.

Click here for my full pix detailed 2165 engine build with beehive valvetrain.

Sorry for my poor English, I'm a French guy ... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chris659
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday will be 3 weeks since I was told my motor was complete with the tuning and all build work....hasn't shipped out yet though. They were very quick to build it and charge me the complete bill but each time I ask about shipping I am now being told "it will go out within the next few days". Call or write a few days later and get told that they're waiting on the shipper. Few days later same thing. "oh it will go out by the end of next week I promise". Well today is the end of the week and nothing still...I'm now being told Monday so we'll see.

Um either something is wrong or it's time to find a new shipper! I know I've shipped motors, cars, limos, trailers, etc over the last few years across country and never did I ever have this much trouble trying to get something picked up... I actually had so many responses from shippers trying to earn my business it was ridiculous!

So we'll see Monday night if it left their shop or not...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chris659
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So over the weekend I got an email from them saying it would go out today and it did! They apologized about the delay by simply saying they got behind on workload. Unstandable but I just asked that they tell their customers how much time is truly going to be needed not what they think the customer wants to hear.

I will say they kept an open line of communication throughout the entire build from start to finish. Gave me dyno updates on a Sunday and everything!

Looking forward to a great engine to install soon! Thanks guys!
bpritchert87
The Idea Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a set of stage 1 heads from Steve/greg on 12-26-13 (christmas special!!) and received them approx. 1-22-14!

This is my first set of ported heads and am super excited! absolutely great work, packaged well, short lead time for a set of hand ported heads, and to boot got them "on sale" Laughing They also made them exactly to my spec's... no step, 56cc chambers, cb manifolds etc... perfect, great looking casting (yes china heads)

wont have time to install them for a while but am confident that my 1915 will "rip" this summer!

I also want to mention that more than once Steve took about 20-30 minutes out of his day to talk to me about my build. I bounced ideas off of him and we discussed my goals with the engine, cam recommendations, carbs, etc.. Greg responded very quickly to my email and emails i sent them in the past.

Definatley would recommend Steve and Greg! Keep up the great work!

The Intelligence of a Man should not be measured by his age....

check out my sand rover t bug build! http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=287204
mazza89
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: [email protected] Steve Tims Greg Tims Performance Works Reply with quote

I cannot speak highly enough of Steve (and Greg from the limited amount I talked to him) and the work that his shop turns out.

Steve spent HOURS on the phone with me detailing every aspect of my build and providing suggestions on how he does things and explaining to me every detail of his heads and the work that goes into them. The customer service was top notch and the heads are incredible. I went with the Stage 2 heads for my 2276 build and could not be happier. They are beautiful and have an incredible amount of power. He also portmatched the intakes and gaskets included in the base price.

Steve went above and beyond by getting me additional parts at EXCEEDINGLY good prices. I recommend anyone looking for a quality set of heads to give him a call!

10/10
ekacpuc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: [email protected] Steve Tims Greg Tims Performance Works Reply with quote

If you’re willing to wait awhile they’re heads are worth it.

I ordered feb 6th and received them April 19th. A bit longer than I wanted to wait BUT the stage 2 heads are beautiful!

Have to call them because they don’t answer e-mail very well.

Great people on the phone though.

When I placed the order I originally asked/paid for cb 650 valve springs because I was going to use fk44 cam. Ended up getting a web 86b so I didn’t need the heavy springs, ended up asking for them to just include a set of ported idf manifolds instead of the springs and they said it wasn’t a problem. I totally expected them to forget after the couple month wait but they didn’t. The order came exactly the way I wanted dispite the delay.

I would purchase from them again as long as I wasn’t in a rush. Good people, quality product
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: