Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: CdnVWJunkie
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
58Dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Bought a trans from Rob. Great guy, easy to deal with. Would buy from him again!

Also:
CdnVWJunkie - [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1971BugGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a Vanagon front bumper from Rob. Good seller, excellent communication and arrangement for pickup. Would buy from Rob again.

1971 Super Beetle
1986 Vanagon Westfalia Weekender
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jsmitch11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: syncro speedometer Reply with quote

I just bought a NOS Syncro speedometer from Rob. Everything went smooth and the product was just as he described. Thanks!!!

My Van syncro conversion/restoration
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=535730&highlight=black+diamond
vwsnoopy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: [email protected] Reply with quote

Rob was a pleasure to deal with and shipped the correct item after other members had sent the wrong ones. He can actually read part numbers Wink

Thanks Rob!
Kopela
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

From Rob, I ordered a an a/c unit from a '70s Bay (large, heavy package). Even across international borders and through no frills regular mail, it arrived just fine. He was great to work with -- fast and thorough via email. Everything was just as he said it would be.

Thanks, Rob! Much appreciated.
mole111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent Rob a $60.00 money order for the Eurovan step wells he was selling. That was in May, not only did he not send them, now he won't send my money order back. It's now September.
DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY!!!!!!
Send me back my money order Rob
CdnVWJunkie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent the return MO to you when I said I would. A call or an email to let me know you never received it would have been a little kinder. I just called and left a message on your phone. If you'd like to deal like adults we can discuss a resolution to this.
67ghiaTIV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Great Seller Reply with quote

I just picked up a rear apron and decklid for my 65 Double Cab. Rob was a pleasure to deal with. Excellent transaction right from the start.

Thanks Rob for the great parts.

Jamie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Great Seller Reply with quote

67ghiaTIV wrote:
I just picked up a rear apron and decklid for my 65 Double Cab. Rob was a pleasure to deal with. Excellent transaction right from the start.

Thanks Rob for the great parts.

Jamie

Thanks Jamie.
tpinthepack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Seller. I purchased an odd ball Doka part with free shipping from Canada and it arrived safe and sound. Thanks so much.
Tony
1990 Vanagon DOKA
1972 Super Beetle
1979 Super Beetle Convertible
2011 Porsche Cayenne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zebulon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Purchased a T3 DOKA Syncro 16 in. from Rob a year ago, wonderful dealing with him. Extremely helpful and competent, still answers our questions. Helped us get temp tags so we could get across the border. Drove 8 hours back home with no problems. We enjoy the truck, would buy from him again. javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
owenperry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Been trying to get a hold of you through email and phone. Just want to clear-up this down payment refund issue.

Please get in touch. 604-967-3737

Best,
Owen
owenperry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Since posting the above reply, I was in touch with Rob (after repeated emails).

He has refused to provide a refund on the deposit I made on his truck. His reason being that I "hurt his bottom line"... I find it hard to believe considering he was using the VW as his daily driver at the time, and it was never even posted on the Samba.

Also, I've had numerous other people who have contacted me asking about Rob, one of whom is also having issues asking for a refund.

Wouldn't deal with Rob if you can avoid it.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Good grief Owen. I held the VW for your ~ 7% deposit for more than a whole year. You seem to have ironically failed to recall that I repeatedly asked you to complete the transaction during that time frame. You also failed to note here that I generously offered to use your deposit towards services, parts or the purchase of another vehicle. Many of my emails were ignored. After 12+ months I listed the Westy for sale. This Camper was never daily driven by me so where you got this notion from is based on fiction. Hurt my bottom line- yes, I have business to run. I have made many happy customers over the years but some people simply cannot be pleased.
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

I had a great experience dealing with Rob! Very professional and knowledgeable VW guy

He was able to get me near unobtainable VW Doka parts and worked extremely hard to help out with my difficult schedule.

Thanks again, I owe you some beer

Cheers
Gruppe B

Last edited by Gruppe B on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
zuhandenheit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

I just realized I never posted here!

I see Rob has a lot of stuff listed in the classifieds currently. I'm posting this as a warning -- he ripped me off in a big way about eight years ago.

He sold me an engine -- AAZ -- (as running, and for the price of a running motor) that was cobbled together with mismatched and junk parts. E.g., a melted piston and scored blocked (which he should have seen when he attached the cyl head, which had been recently rebuilt); cam caps from another motor, such that the cam could not turn; a worn out old turbo from a different engine; a running but well-worn injector pump that lasted about 1k miles (on another engine).

I received a crate filled with a mess of old parts, almost all of which were unusable and are still sitting in the garage.

It was so bad that it was much easier to buy another engine and just start over. Unfortunately, a few years had gone by as I completed a body restoration, and so by the time I learned that I couldn't run the motor Rob had sent me, I couldn't do much except complain to him.

I let it go, but seeing a post from him today reminded me of the ordeal. He shouldn't have gotten away with it, but did -- and I can only warn the community.

Full documentation of all this -- including pictures -- is in my post history, to anyone interested.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

This fellow requested that I warranty a used diesel engine 5 years after I sold it to him. Now, 8 years after the sale he decides leave me negative feedback. Lovely. I doubt there is a single vendor on here that would give you warranty on a well used engine after such a time period.

Get over it. Move on.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

I recently bought a transmission from Rob and enjoyed the experience quite a bit. He was very patient with my lack of experience with cross-border exchanges, and made it all go very easily. Very happy with my purchase so far. Would buy from him again.

Thanks,
Casey
zuhandenheit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Rob -- I didn't ask for a damn warranty.

You sent me a pile of shit.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Incorrect Ben. You bought a used engine and supposedly "didn't use it" for 5 years and then contacted me with expectations. My advice is buy brand new as a rebuilt warranty won't even be 5 years!

Now please move along and troll someone else.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: