Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: CdnVWJunkie
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
racer308
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Rob was great to deal with. Between his schedule and mine it did take a little while before I was able to pick up the engine that I bought from him. He even delayed a trip he was making by a couple of hours to allow me enough time to get to his place. Rob also made it easy to get the engine back into the US giving me the necessary paperwork.
zuhandenheit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

CdnVWJunkie wrote:
Incorrect Ben. You bought a used engine and supposedly "didn't use it" for 5 years and then contacted me with expectations. My advice is buy brand new as a rebuilt warranty won't even be 5 years!

Now please move along and troll someone else.

Yeah, it's been a long time and I don't expect or care about a resolution, but I can tell the story. I bought an engine offered as running, which was at best rebuildable. I don't know how that happened, but it did, and I had to purchase a second AAZ because the first was too much of a mess.

Please don't call me a troll. This is the only time I've ever posted negative feedback, and I did so with the proviso that this happened a long time ago. I've been totally reasonable about all this. I hoped there might have been a mistake that could be made right. I didn't demand anything like a warranty.

When I contacted you about what happened, I acknowledged that it had been a very long time since I bought the motor, but I certainly had not run the engine or done anything to it! I should removed the head immediately and had a look, but I trusted that the motor was good.

The engine you shipped to me arrived with a melted piston and a rebuilt head with mismatched cam bearings (I'm not sure what happened here, but the cam caps seemed not to match, and when I torqued the caps down the cam wouldn't turn). Also some of the odds and ends were mismatched -- the turbo was for a TDI not an AAZ, for instance.

I can entertain the possibility that you didn't realize the condition of the motor you sent, although it's odd, because you bolted the head to the block and would have overlooked the damaged piston. Also, maybe you didn't fitting a cam and so didn't realize that the head was messed up.

I honestly wonder if you made a mistake, or what. And I wonder if, calling me a troll, you're speaking honestly? Is your claim that I lied about this motor and blamed you for something I did myself? All I can say to that is that anyone can look at my post history, see how things unfolded, and decide who to trust.

Here is the motor Rob sent me.

Yes I should have taken it apart when I first received it. But I trusted it was a good engine and I had other work to do.

It arrived with the head and block bolted together. I initially removed the head just because the cam didn't fit the bearings. It's fortunate, actually, because the motor had even bigger problems than mismatched cam caps.

I was hoping I could just run a new head, but then I saw this:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by zuhandenheit on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
CdnVWJunkie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

This is utter nonesense. 8 years ago. Stalker territory here.
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

over the last 20 years have been to bought and traded parts with Rob many times. He is a good guy knowledgeable. My last transaction was a set of 36hp 40hp pistons and cylinders. They were used and worked exactly as he said. I have also bought many bus parts over the years off Rob. The vanagon engine we recently got off him was exactly as described .
Thanks Rob Merry Christmas hope things are going good.
will t
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Rob sold me a set of jalousie windows for a bay window camper. I can't recommend him highly enough. Fair price, excellent windows, well packed so they arrived perfect, etc., etc. Great communication too. Thanks Rob!
ajdenette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Just bought a Doka from Rob good communication and easy to deal with.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=732777
1990 Vanagon Syncro Base awaiting body work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

I wont buy from this guy again, but read and make your own decision

this is what his ad showed:

this is what i got:

here are the email exchanges from myself and mr mcgill:

Me: FEB 12 Hey man,

Did you send me the right fan?

The ad shows this (the ad picture)

But the one i received has a broken fin and it catches on the housing. I cant find a briken fin in the box either

And i dunno if its the lighting, but this one seems alot more weathered than the one in the ad

ROB: Yes. It’s been shipped and the tracking info sent to you.

I haven’t removed the ad. I’ll
Do that today.

ME: Yeah i understand that part. I received the fan and switch yesterday. But the one you have on the ad i replied to doesnt have a broken fin, but the one you sent me does, which is why Im asking about it. If there was a broken fan piece in the box, id chock it up to shipping damage , but there isnt one.

it also said it runs quiet, but it wont even turn all the way cuz the i dunno, tube? seems a little warped, which is why im trying to verify i received the right one.

RobI personally tested the fan on both speeds. It was whisper quiet. The fan I sent is the one pictured in the ad. I only had 3 units in total. The 2 left have damaged cages. The other two are on my work bench in front of me. No way to confuse.

Me Ok i guess what in trying to ask is was the fin broken off when you shipped it or wasnt it? The box was kinda wet and looked like it had been tossed around, and the fan had been bubble wrapped and had alot of tape on it.

If UPS is the one that damaged it and then repackaged it without owning up to it, thats one issue.

If the fin was broken when you shipped it, different issue.

Either way, its not as described/pictured.

Im not trying to be difficult about this, but these are pretty pricey units, and i want to get what I pay for.

Rob: I assure I pride myself on delivering the correct parts and do my very best to package parts as carefully as I can. You must understand that I have no control once the parcel leaves my shop.

Please send detailed photo

ME speaking: Which i did, same photos

ME: Ok, here is what the ad showed:Here is what i received: you can clearly see one fin is broken, and there is no remnant of it in the packaging

ROB: Thank you for the detailed photos.

I have no explanation as to what happened to the piece of fan blade. I personally tested this fan. Photographed it. Packaged it. If you say the parcel wasn’t damaged and there no missing fan blade piece inside the box- we have a real mystery.

I will gladly remunerate you if you’d like to return to parts to me.

ME please send me a return shipping label and ill send it back. Ill be rerturning the switch as well, as i have no use for it now thanks

ME SPEAKING: Then I hear nothing from him for weeks. So I put a dispute on the charge..which I won, BTW

ROB: (MARCH 9) Good morning,

I have noted that you have created a CC hold back on the shipment. I have not yet received the claimed damaged product. What is your objective here? Get your $ back and keep my product?

ME do you actually read your emails? on feb 18, i asked you for a return shipping label and you did not respond until now with your aggressive accusation. Thats why I disputed the payment ,
because i received an item that was not as described or pictured. broken fin, will not turn more than a quarter turn without binding

Why should i have to pay shipping both ways when you sent me a broken fan?

send me a return shipping label and it will be out the next day

ROB:
I responded to your email. Please check your junk folder. I cannot book shipping within the USA with my freight account. US companies are very protective of their services.

As I stated in my previous email. If you’d like your money back I would appreciate my product back, as that’s only fair. I shipped from Canada to the USA but have a US shipping address to ship back to:

ME:
Theres nothing in my “junk folder”. Ill ship
It but i expect the return shipping to be refunded as well. Fair enough?

ROB Hmm. That is odd. I responded to that email within 12 hours of receiving it.

I’ve committed to remuneration.

ME Just dropped off at po. Tracking number is in previous email. You should have it by friday or monday at the latest Tracking number is: 9407828206335088549030

ROB Perfect. I’ll have my courier collect it tomorrow and bring it into Canada.

Once I have verified it in my hands I’ll remunerate.

ME SPEAKING: here is the tracking details: Your item was delivered at 1:51 pm on March 12, 2020 in PORT HURON, MI 48060. The item was signed for by R DEVROY.

ROB: My courier won’t collect until Monday.

ROB MArch 19 Apparently my broker has this package at their warehouse.

My wife is a medical professional and was exposed to someone with C-19. We are self isolating until next Saturday.

I’ll collect the parcel then

ME Mar 19 Ok, thanks for the update. hope your wife is OK

ME April 9 Its been 3 weeks. Have your courier open the box, send you pictures to confirm its there, refund my money.

ME TALKING: Its now April 21st, and i still havent heard back from this guy, and now I am out the shipping cost which he agreed to pay me. I understand the COvid 19, but I just looked, and he was on the Samba today.

Look through his feedback thread, and other samba members have has similar issues. . I made the mistake of paying the return shipping.

I wont buy from him again

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

So ive heard nothing from Rob since March 19, but once i posted the feedback, i get a string of emails. Once again, up to you if you want to buy from him.

ROB read your feedback. That wasn’t very kind. I do not have your $. The CC company does. Call them. Again, I do not have your $. Your CC does. Please call them.

If you can clear your mind of hatred and reread our dialogue you will see that I have treated you with respect and politeness regardless of your aggressive and demeaning manner of speech. You mentioned it one point that you have TBI, so I caulked up your behaviour to this. I understand these are unprecedented and stressful times but attacking another man publicly who you don’t even know isn’t called for and is simply over the top.

The box was clearly damaged by UPS. I clearly and politely stated to you that I, personally: tested the fan, photographed it, listed the ad and finally packaged it up. In the future, I highly encourage you to NOT accept wet/damaged packages. I still do not have my now damaged part. You shipped it to Port Huron MI so I had my courier/broker collect it. This cost me $22.

Was the personal attack because of the cost of shipping? Send me the invoice and I’ll send some paypal $.

ME TALKING: I really dont think anything i said was a personal attack besides my view of the situation, but I could have said "i believe" and whatnot, so i did delete those

MEMy feedback was factual, which is why I posted the actual emails. Anyone who wants to buy from you can make their own decision based on the exchanges.

ROB It was factual. Any common sensical person will read the fact that you accepted a damaged box. Clearly I cannot control the handling of parcels once they depart. It’s the customer’s due diligence to not accept damaged packages

ME Ok, first off... you didnt send it so it required a signature. I came home and it was sitting on the steps. So there was no way for me to “not accept it”. If you want to play that game, in the future you should require a signature.

Second, you just said it cost you 22 dollars to have your courier collect it. So how are you claiming that you dont know if I returned the part or not? I have proof of delivery to the address you specified, and you claim you paid 22 to have your courier collect it.

Yet you dont know if I shipped the part back?

ROB I have the signature selected automatically on my freight account. If it was dropped off without a signature being given, how am I to know? Again, beyond my control.

My courier has a US warehouse and a Canadian one. The $22 is their import and courier fee to collect the parcel and import it. The parcel is sitting in their warehouse and I’m unable to collect in person.

ME So why dont you look that parcel up and see why it wasnt signed for? This process has taken almost 3 months and it is clear you will not accept any responsibility for the part

. If it had been damaged in transit, the broken blade, it should have been in the box with it. The fan itself was completely encapsulated in bubble wrap and tape, so if it had been damaged by UPS, it would have been in the bubble wrap with it.

It was not. Likewise, the fan in the ad looks alot whiter than the one I received, which leads me to believe what i received is not what was listed on the ad.

Ive tried to give you the benefit of the doubt repeatedly, but i am all out of benefits on this matter.

I will edit my feedback to be more objective, leaving future buyers to decide for themselves.

ME TALKING: So, its up to the reader to decide who is at fault here and who they want to buy from.

Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Base facts. Parcel was damaged enroute. This gentleman feels the need go on a large distribe over this simple fact.

Charles,

You can insinuate all you like that I am deceptive until you are blue in the face. Not going to work, as that’s not how I operate. I had 3 fans in stock. I still have 2. The one in the samba ad has an aftermarket yellow electrical spade connector. The one in your photograph has this exact same one. The other two that I have here retain their factory connectors. I never disassembled any of these fans. The only explanation I have of the fan blade colour is screen variation, this can affect tone.

Again, I personally tested, photographed and packaged that parcel. 100%. I shrunk wrapped the fan. The added some packaging material. Taped the box. Then shrunk wrapped the whole box. All in all, I try to take great care in each package I ship. For these services, I charge ZERO. How the package is handled enroute is beyond my ability to control. How it is delivered, is also beyond my control.

The big question here is: why in God’s green earth would I ship a broken/bent fan?!?! Why even insinuate this?! I have on the samba for nearly 20 years. I plan on sticking around a lot longer. I work hard on my best to please people but I do recognize that I cannot please everyone.

Call your CC get your money back. I don’t have it. As soon as you lodged your complaint they pulled the funds then.
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

CdnVWJunkie wrote:
Base facts. Parcel was damaged enroute. This gentleman feels the need go on a large distribe over this simple fact.

Charles,

You can insinuate all you like that I am deceptive until you are blue in the face. Not going to work, as that’s not how I operate. I had 3 fans in stock. I still have 2. The one in the samba ad has an aftermarket yellow electrical spade connector. The one in your photograph has this exact same one. The other two that I have here retain their factory connectors. I never disassembled any of these fans. The only explanation I have of the fan blade colour is screen variation, this can affect tone.

Again, I personally tested, photographed and packaged that parcel. 100%. I shrunk wrapped the fan. The added some packaging material. Taped the box. Then shrunk wrapped the whole box. All in all, I try to take great care in each package I ship. For these services, I charge ZERO. How the package is handled enroute is beyond my ability to control. How it is delivered, is also beyond my control.

The big question here is: why in God’s green earth would I ship a broken/bent fan?!?! Why even insinuate this?! I have on the samba for nearly 20 years. I plan on sticking around a lot longer. I work hard on my best to please people but I do recognize that I cannot please everyone.

Call your CC get your money back. I don’t have it. As soon as you lodged your complaint they pulled the funds then.

As i said, this is what you get when you buy from Rob. If you want to deal with this guy, more power to you. The only fact was I got a damaged fan. WAs it UPS's fault? I dunno, but I doubt it because the fin wasnt in there, and it came out of the box as he described packing it. I literally had to cut it open with scissors, so I was surprised it was damaged.

But if it wasnt damaged when it went in there, where did the fin go?

What Rob fails to mention is this earlier email I havent added:

ROB Hello Charles,

I have another set of ambulance fans. They're currently still installed in a T2 I have here that was involved in a frontal collision. Would you be interested in these units?

Rob

ME just the single unit for now if you still have it , do you have the switch as well?

ROB So I have removed the other ambulance fans. The fans are in good working order. The fan housings/tubes are pinched a little. A couple of the fan blades were also tweaked. They were cracked. Some heat applied with a heat gun with relax the current blade memory.

ME TALKING: So, given the lack of a broken fin in the package, and the mention of these, I am sure any reasonable person would conclude that it is possible he mixed them up. Plus, he SAYS in his email that they were in good working order, but in another email he says the cages were damaged. Now, which is it? The fan i received would only turn about a quarter of the way, so it certainly wouldnt be whisper quiet.

Also, proof of delivery from UPS: Tracking Number
1Z39WY876895606553 Weight 4.00 LBS Service UPS Standard
Shipped / Billed On 02/05/2020 Delivered On 02/11/2020 2:39 P.M.
Delivered To ELIOT, ME, US Received By DRIVER RELEASE Left At
Other

UPS services: Delivery Confirmation: UPS will mail you a confirmation of delivery without a signature. Note: Similar information is available when you track your package online.
Signature Required: UPS will obtain the recipient's signature and provide you with a printed copy. You may also view the recipient's signature online.

So Robs claim that his freight account is set up for "signature selected" seems a bit ..deceptive.

Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

This buyer is out $8-10 of return shipping cost. He has his purchase $ back. What does he have to gain from this tirade? You clearly are a very bitter person. I sincerely hope life improves for you.

Do I have other ambulance fans? Yes. When did I get them Sherlock? Do I want you as a return customer? Hmm. Nope.
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

CdnVWJunkie wrote:
This buyer is out $8-10 of return shipping cost. He has his purchase $ back. What does he have to gain from this tirade? You clearly are a very bitter person. I sincerely hope life improves for you.

Do I have other ambulance fans? Yes. When did I get them Sherlock? Do I want you as a return customer? Hmm. Nope.

tirade? diatribe?

If anyone reads this and thinks you are someone to deal with, well, good for you and good for them. thats what i hope to gain, is to show what it is like to have a transaction with you.

One more FACT for you:

Tracking number 9407828206335088549030
Label purchase date Mar 10, 2020 06:55:06 PDT
Total shipping cost $15.74 USD
Insured value $150.00 USD
Shipping label transaction ID 8E542954NW3141215

that was 6 weeks ago.

Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Anybody with any common sense and objectivity can read that your dialogue listed above and immediately come to the conclusion that you're both aggressive and accusatory. The very fact that you think that I would anyhow or any fashion ship broken and bent fan is WAY out there and shows a serious distrust of other people. For this very fact Charlie you have my empathy. I genuinely hope life improves for you.

Yarkle wrote:
CdnVWJunkie wrote:

tirade? diatribe?

If anyone reads this and thinks you are someone to deal with, well, good for you and good for them. thats what i hope to gain, is to show what it is like to have a transaction with you.

One more FACT for you:

Tracking number 9407828206335088549030
Label purchase date Mar 10, 2020 06:55:06 PDT
Total shipping cost $15.74 USD
Insured value $150.00 USD
Shipping label transaction ID 8E542954NW3141215

that was 6 weeks ago.
rallyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

I needed a Eurovan window assembly and approached Rob based on his ad here. He was responsive and thorough in answering my questions, quickly preparing a shipping quote and making the arrangements to get the window assembly to me. I paid him but, only a a couple of days later, found a window assembly locally from a late-model EV which was a better part for my needs.

I sheepishly and apologetically approached Rob for a refund which he graciously granted in full despite having already removed and packed the window assembly for shipment in the meantime. The refund took a bit as he was transitioning to a new payment system but his communication throughout the process was upfront, prompt, and sincere.

I spoke with Rob on the phone during this process and he seems like a very genuine guy, running his own shop and trying to juggle all the balls associated with operating your own business.

Overall, a great honest guy to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to *actually* purchase from him in the future.
Richard F
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Rob--
Are you still selling the '61 visor & rear view mirror? I have been trying to get in touch with you but perhaps my messages are not getting through.
Please contact me.
Cheers,
Richard
Zwitterkafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

It seems like my messages are not getting though either. I'm trying to buy a part posted for sale. Hopefully all is OK. Junk email folder regularly checked too.
typesoneandtwo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Rob just sold me an excellent rust-free rear hatch for my Bus-Great shape, well-packed-shipped promptly. Thanks, Rob!
The ADAC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Unfortunately my experience was not so great. I had sent funds for a VW emblem he had in his ad, copied and pasted the description from the ad to the Paypal memo box. I finally get the emblem, a 4 tab in pretty bad shape, this wasn't the one I paid for at all or in the description. I contacted the seller via email, sent the pics from the ad, it was still up, and the description again. About a week later he emailed back saying that he sold that one and would get me a paid mailing slip for the return. A couple weeks pass, no word, and emailed again. He stated he has a ton of VW parts and may have another one in his stash. Okay cool, no word again for another couple weeks. I'm a very patient person, but have been given the complete run around by this seller. Now I'm stuck with a POS emblem, which was incorrect in the first place, and out of the money I sent for it and shipping. I guess I'll have to go thru Paypal to recover my funds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ibosley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

I bought a fuel rail from Rob. It took a little bit to get it due to our personal lives and different countries, but it showed up in good condition and well packaged.
cnd_eh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

I purchased multiple items from Rob McGill and he was prompt and accommodating, a please to do business with.

I live outside North America and Rob was kind enough to send me multiple boxes over time to satisfy customs regulations. The items I received were as described in his ad, well packaged and properly documented to satisfy customs importation.

I would not hesitate to purchase from him again.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: