Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oil Change in Woodland Hills CA? (1982 2.0L AC)
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
82WestyMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Oil Change in Woodland Hills CA? (1982 2.0L AC) Reply with quote

Hello all. I'm taking a road trip w/ my Lab in my 82 A/C Westy.
Can anyone recommend some place to change my oil? I have the oil and filter.
The engine is a Raby Camper Special with a Timecert (?) for the drain plug.
I just want someone familiar w/ VW aircooled engines. I have time today only Wed May 17, '17.
As always, many thanks to any and all who can help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Change in Woodland Hills CA? (1982 2.0L AC) Reply with quote

Sorry, wish I knew So Cal better in order to help you. Hopefully a SoCal member will chime in. Otherwise the best you can do is to maybe google "VW repair shops"??

Craig
jberger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Change in Woodland Hills CA? (1982 2.0L AC) Reply with quote

Why not a FLAPS parking lot. Buy a drain pan, recycle the oil back to them and be on your way..
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Change in Woodland Hills CA? (1982 2.0L AC) Reply with quote

jberger wrote:
Why not a FLAPS parking lot. Buy a drain pan, recycle the oil back to them and be on your way..

There's a PepBoys in Woodland Hills if you want to go this route.

Here's a mechanic that I've used before:
Canoga Independent Auto
Ask for Brian

6933 Canoga Ave
Ste 7
Canoga Park, CA 91303

Phone number
(818) 883-0345

FREEBIES: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkqzgREEtE9Aj7poRLxLuW-oGORuiQ?e=eSKThT
yiucycle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Change in Woodland Hills CA? (1982 2.0L AC) Reply with quote

Just go on yelp and look for good review on auto repair shops. Anyone can change oil, nothing special. I said do it yourself if you have space or like what the above poster said do it at the auto part store, buy a oil collecting pan and a metric wrench set and find some cardboard box as your auto creeper/oil collector Laughing . You don't even need to jack the van, just crawl under, drain oil, change filter, fill oil(to spec) and check dip stick. Then recycle the old oil and filter back at the auto part store. done and learn something new.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jeffrey Lee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Change in Woodland Hills CA? (1982 2.0L AC) Reply with quote

Southern California Auto Center, Inc.
21301 Vanowen Street
Canoge Park, California 91303
Phone: 818.347.0321

Henry's German Car Service
7129 Canoga Avenue
Canoga Park, California 91303
Phone: 8183409641

Both come well recommended on http://www.roadhaus.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jismay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Change in Woodland Hills CA? (1982 2.0L AC) Reply with quote

Giant Oaks Automotive

In Newbury Park
http://www.giantoakautomotive.com/

He doesn't specialize in Vanagons, but he is a highly trustworthy mechanic/shop.

Ask for Mike and tell him Brian Ismay sent you.
1989 VW Cabriolet
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Change in Woodland Hills CA? (1982 2.0L AC) Reply with quote

I have no problem taking my own oil and filter to Jiffy lube or the like and letting them do the labor. It's a pretty simple job and you can watch over them while they work. I even provide my own replacement crush washer. They charge around $15-$18 to do this. It's easy and quick. As long as you express your concerns to the guy tightening the drain plug you should have no problem with a simple oil change. I do it plenty of times myself as well but then you still have to dispose of the oil.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: