Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westfalia Battery Hold Down Bracket
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Westfalia Battery Hold Down Bracket Reply with quote

Does anyone have one they'd be willing to let go? It's missing on my recently acquired Westy (bolt and washer still there). Part number is 251915313A.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Battery Hold Down Bracket Reply with quote

https://www.buslab.com/product-p/251915313a.htm

https://www.gowesty.com/product/battery/25698/battery-hold-down-bracket-kit-swivel-?v=
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Battery Hold Down Bracket Reply with quote

PDXWesty wrote:
https://www.buslab.com/product-p/251915313a.htm

https://www.gowesty.com/product/battery/25698/battery-hold-down-bracket-kit-swivel-?v=

Thanks. I saw the Buslab option, but it would be $33 shipped, and GW option doesn't seem to work with regular battery (I have a size 41)? I was hoping that someone had one they didn't need anymore.
syncroserge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Battery Hold Down Bracket Reply with quote

PM'd
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Battery Hold Down Bracket Reply with quote

brickster wrote:

Thanks. I saw the Buslab option, but it would be $33 shipped, and GW option doesn't seem to work with regular battery (I have a size 41)? I was hoping that someone had one they didn't need anymore.

I've never used one in 25 years of van ownership. Have batteries in both boxes. Never saw the need for it since the battery is contained by the swivel base and could never get out of it's place. Just make sure your positive terminal is protected with a proper cover which most new batteries have now anyways. I don't know if it's a cavalier attitude or not, but it doesn't bother me to not have the bracket, and I'm an engineer with a do it right or don't to it philosophy.
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Battery Hold Down Bracket Reply with quote

PDXWesty wrote:
brickster wrote:

I've never used one in 25 years of van ownership. Have batteries in both boxes. Never saw the need for it since the battery is contained by the swivel base and could never get out of it's place. Just make sure your positive terminal is protected with a proper cover which most new batteries have now anyways. I don't know if it's a cavalier attitude or not, but it doesn't bother me to not have the bracket, and I'm an engineer with a do it right or don't to it philosophy.

Thanks again. I haven't had any issues with it so far. My positive terminal is not protected, so I will take care of that.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: