Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Allstate single wheel service parts list / set up tips
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Allstate single wheel service parts list / set up tips Reply with quote

I've sold my Allstate, but I found I had to play a lot with the tire pressure. I always kept a bin with a couple sand bags in there and found the weight kept the bouncing down a lot compared to pulling it empty. With just the sand in there, 25psi seemed to be the magic number. If I was hauling 200lbs worth of crap, I'd bump the pressure up to about 40psi.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
panel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Allstate single wheel service parts list / set up tips Reply with quote

Thanks CanStan !
Suboval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Allstate single wheel service parts list / set up tips Reply with quote

panel wrote:
Are most of you guys running the 45lbs recommended ? Have you found that if it's to bouncy that it's better to lower the PSI ?

Have you read this:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67393&highlight=trailer
It might help.

There's two things we learn from history:
1.) History repeats itself.
2.) We don't learn from history.
panel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Allstate single wheel service parts list / set up tips Reply with quote

Wondered if anyone here could supply me with these dimensions and angle ?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

MonkeySee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Allstate single wheel service parts list / set up tips Reply with quote

Is there someone making the data plates for these trailers? I was given a frame and need a plate to register it as an antique. Or does someone have a data plate for a model 231-963 or similar?
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Allstate single wheel service parts list / set up tips Reply with quote

MonkeySee wrote:
Is there someone making the data plates for these trailers? I was given a frame and need a plate to register it as an antique. Or does someone have a data plate for a model 231-963 or similar?

Someone made a run of them maybe 8-10 years ago. When I was looking for one a few years back, they didn't have any left. Maybe things have changed and they have more now? I don't have the contact, but I think I found it in this thread, or possibly one of the other trailer threads on this site.

Alternatively, you can find someone who restored their Allstate with a new plate, and see if they'd sell the old one?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MonkeySee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Allstate single wheel service parts list / set up tips Reply with quote

CanStan wrote:
Alternatively, you can find someone who restored their Allstate with a new plate, and see if they'd sell the old one?

I thought of that but then it would have their SN stamped into it. But if someone had one off a trashed trailer I could use that.
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Allstate single wheel service parts list / set up tips Reply with quote

MonkeySee wrote:
CanStan wrote:

I thought of that but then it would have their SN stamped into it. But if someone had one off a trashed trailer I could use that.

Fair point. But that being said, even if you got a brand new tag, what number would you stamp on it? If you don’t know your original VIN, you can’t guarantee another doesn’t exist already.

I don’t know the rules where you live, but where I am, I’m not able to register an old trailer with the original VIN anyways. The problem is that there were 500 trailer manufacturers back when these Allstates were made. And every single one of them made their first trailer, and stamped it with VIN #0001. Meaning when I tried to register my trailer, they told me they ready had 4 trailers in the system with that same VIN. I had to get an ‘assigned VIN’, where they stamp a modern 17 digit one on, and register it to that number. I’m still able to have it titled as the year of manufacture, just by using the 1969 model year that was written on the bill of sale.

I know every state and province will have different rules on this kind of stuff, but maybe your state makes it easy?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: