Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for input/ideas on axles/cv's...
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!.... Anyone else?. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
77charger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be cheaper to just buy a 930 kit if you are planning on buying new axles.If you already have proper axles that will work you can buy type 2 or 4 cvs but then you will need stub axles too.

As for using a type 1 and 2 on the same axles yuor set up is only as strong as the weakest link may be fine for street but max that travel out you will be saying the whole time walking home was it worth the savings!!

From my experience you will want to get long spline axles if you plan on maxing out travel.
Auto linea alm case,82 dpr crank wedgemated by DK machine
cb 5.4 h beams,12 pound DPR f/w,Slr xv294cam,cb straight cuts,hpmx 44s,40x35 heads ported by brothers machine
ts39136
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... You'll get mixed reviews here Confused , but I found an empi setup on ebay with two type 2 CV's and an axle (made for a thing has the longer splines for the type 2 cv) that fit well with my 002 and boxed arms. They've worked with my subaru engine and my notched spring plates without complaint so far. Best part is that they can be had for $50-$60 dollars for the complete setup (each side).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-1974-Volkswage...ccessories
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!. So... what brand of axles ... cv's?. Source?.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SamT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your not going to increase wheel travel and have a budget, leave the bug CV on the outside and slip a t2 bus cv on the transmission side of the axle. You won't be able to put the circlip on it, but it will hold up fine.

If you have an extra $450 to burn, get the bus to bug stub axles, 15 5/8 axles and 4 bus Cv's.

Another correct way to do this would be to get a pair of Thing stubs axles, CV's and Axles.
kbwakesk8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stock arms and 002 trans bus (type 2) cvs will work just fine you will need the conversion axels.
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Looking for input/ideas on axles/cv's... Reply with quote

Hi. My daughter and I are building a '69 Baja for her. The basics of it are: fully caged with r and p steering, 1835 w/ single 44 weber, beards w/ 5 points, fuel cell, etc.. My question is it has stock rear arms, boxed and gusseted running fox shocks. I have a fresh 002 trans that we'll be using. What axle/cv setup would you guys suggest?. the car will be a streeter taken o/r regularly. TIA.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: