Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

61-64 Convertible thread and Registry
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
p356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: 61-64 convertible thread and registry Reply with quote

Where could I buy the complete set of wood pieces for my 63 Convertible frame ???

Thank you !
Jmiddle204
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 61-64 convertible thread and registry Reply with quote

p356 wrote:
Where could I buy the complete set of wood pieces for my 63 Convertible frame ???

Thank you !

I'd start with Chuck's first:

https://chucksconvertibleparts.com/

Also, as you likely have seen from others on here, "cry once". I didn't know better, my car came with the composite fake wood rear bow and I'm now having issues with it after 10 yrs. Pay for quality. I got almost everything from Chuck's and have been happy with the purchase and his help.

James
desmocox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: 61-64 convertible thread and registry Reply with quote

Hi !
I wonder where to find the black part on the picture below (not my car).
On my 62 i would like to remove the installed seat belt fixed at this location. I already have the plastic screw but i do not know where to find the black part (rubber part i guess).

Any idea?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/img]
ghiafreek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 61-64 convertible thread and registry Reply with quote

New to me..1963
VIN 5432826
ENGINE 8532158

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugmandave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: 61-64 convertible thread and registry Reply with quote

ghiafreek wrote:
New to me..1963
VIN 5432826
ENGINE 8532158
[/img]

Y
Very nice looking, is it poppy red?. Looks like mine and very close in vin . Mine is 5321188 built on March 8th. It's possible they were at the Karmann factory together

'63 Karmann Cabriolet L54 Poppy Red
ghiafreek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: 61-64 convertible thread and registry Reply with quote

bugmandave wrote:
ghiafreek wrote:
New to me..1963
VIN 5432826
ENGINE 8532158
[/img]

Y
Very nice looking, is it poppy red?. Looks like mine and very close in vin . Mine is 5321188 built on March 8th. It's possible they were at the Karmann factory together

Looks to be poppy red. Will need to confirm with certificate.
Yes, looks to be like ours may have shared the roof for awhile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
glass guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 61-64 convertible thread and registry Reply with quote

Warren G.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 61-64 convertible thread and registry Reply with quote

Had mine since 1977 was white red interior . Repainted 3 times in different hue like Chamonix white BMW color.

Can add more details soon but I have a pressing question I'm working on the convertible top and I need to get a measurement from the top of the wood bow to the bottom of the back window.
Or the top of the metal which the rear wooden bow is nailed to pictures would be great could also say from the bottom of the window frame to the fixed gap for the deck lid. TiA Cheers W.
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 61-64 convertible thread and registry Reply with quote

I found this 62 or 63 convertible in the junkyard near me. The junkyard is R G Barnum auto salvage in millington Michigan

“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
desmocox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: 61-64 convertible thread and registry Reply with quote

Following my previous post few months ago looking for convertible seat belt mount plug rubber, and due to impossibility to find the correct part, i went for 3D printing. That's a first test and it looks pretty good. Maybe i should try with a greater outside diameter, but overall it is already doing the job on my eyes !

buntist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: 61-64 convertible thread and registry Reply with quote

Ceckert64 wrote:
I found this 62 or 63 convertible in the junkyard near me. The junkyard is R G Barnum auto salvage in millington Michigan

WOW!
buntist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: 61-64 Convertible thread and Registry Reply with quote

Working on taking this 62 vert from baja to full bodied. Was my moms first car, cut up before my grandpa got it for her in late 70's or 1980, she can't remember.

And this is how it currently sits. I am just finishing up the reinforcement rail replacement.

Lots of work still to come.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: 61-64 Convertible thread and Registry Reply with quote

This question is for a '66 convertible, but I think you guys can still answer this question....

What's the difference in back seat upholstery between the sedan and convertible? Is it more taper to the vert's seatback sides? A narrower seat bottom?

I have a new set of sedan upholstery that I'd like to use in a convertible.

Thanks.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: 61-64 Convertible thread and Registry Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
This question is for a '66 convertible, but I think you guys can still answer this question....

What's the difference in back seat upholstery between the sedan and convertible? Is it more taper to the vert's seatback sides? A narrower seat bottom?

I have a new set of sedan upholstery that I'd like to use in a convertible.

Thanks.

The convertible rear seats are narrower than sedans. Yes the seat back has more taper up the sides.
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: 61-64 Convertible thread and Registry Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

The convertible rear seats are narrower than sedans. Yes the seat back has more taper up the sides.

Damn. Well thanks for confirming. Probably cheaper to buy specific rather than trying to mod the new upholstery sitting before me.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Jump to:
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: