Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Don's Bug Barn - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Don's Bug Barn
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 10, 2024
Jay Salser Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Don's Bug Barn - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have made two trips to Don's Bug Barn in Athens, Texas and have enjoyed every minute of my time there. I have never seen so many VWs and VW parts in one Yard! Dustin Carter and his wife, Cassie, are the best host and hostess that a person could ever want. They helped me and those with me to locate the parts which we needed. In fact, they had already pulled some parts, since we had sent our orders ahead of time. This saved us time so that we could concentrate on other parts which we needed. The prices are very fair and we all came away with many treasures! Dustin has expanded the operation to include shipping. I highly recommend Don's Bug Barn. Thank you Dustin and Cassie! jay salser
R&DvwENG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Great Reply with quote

My dad and I have bought many parts from Dustin's Bug Barn in Athens..Great guy, great communication, smooth transactions, I highly recommend using Dustin.

Thanks Dustin!
Marshall
74Pepper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Don's Bug Barn is a real find! Reply with quote

Dustin and Cassie really gave us the red carpet treatment when we came out last weekend. Dustin lead us to the best examples of the parts we were trying to find, let us roam the entire yard for as long as we wanted, and Cassie generously helped us keep an eye on our kids while we were picking!

They've got a few newly acquired vehicles to pick from, too. Give him a call if you're looking for hard to find parts - he's probably got 'em. I know I've found everything I was looking for each time I've gone out to his yard.

Thanks, Dustin, for all you do!
Per Gary, A.K.A. "Purple dress girl")
spiderlady
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Don's Bug Barn Reply with quote

We have been going to Don's Bug Barn now for about a year, and these are the most pleasant people you would ever want to deal with. Dustin and Cassie are exceptional hosts! We have made numerous trips out there and have always been able to find what we need , along with other treasures! Dustin is very knowledgeable about his inventory, and will help locate the parts, as well as help remove them and he ships also.They also have let us treasure hunt around the whole yard as long as we want, and we always have a great time! They have a fabulous inventory of bugs, buses, type 3's, and other misc. VW parts and projects at great prices! If you get the chance to get to Athens, you MUST get to Don's Bug Barn! It's quite simply the best pickin' spot ever!
Paul and Elaine Dill
Harris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Don' Bug Barn Reply with quote

I have done business with Don Carter for several years at Don's Bug Barn in Athens, Texas. Now I'm doing business with his son Dustin and wife Cassie. Nice honest people with a lot of good stuff.

Thanks Don for the past 20 years and now for Dustin and Cassie
AllemD15
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: DON'S BUG BARN is AWESOME Reply with quote

My son and I went to the yard today and with Dustin's help found everything we needed to complete our '71 super. I had a great time looking at all of the cars. He has tons of parts and if he does have it he know someone that does! He is really educated on what he has and gives great prices! Thank you, Dustin!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Classifieds Feedback
Jay Salser Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Vintage Tool From Don's Bug Barn! Reply with quote

I just received my "new" Vintage VW Tool from Don's Bug Barn in Athens, TX. Dustin and Cassie Carter have documented many, many original VW Tools and I now have one. It arrived this afternoon and I am so happy with it. It is a Mantra-VW 126b Made in Germany, T-Handled 13mm Wrench. There was a little patina-of-the-ages on the Wrench. Some 4-ought steel wool and gun oil later and the Tool is in wonderful condition. I will be showing all of my friends this Tool. Thank you Cassie for laboring over these tools to get photos and descriptions into that data-base. I hope that you and Dustin won't mind if I sleep with this Tool under my pillow for a few nights! LOL If you readers think that I am going a bit overboard with my comments, you are correct. I am tickled nearly to death! jay salser
jtgh
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: donsbugbarn Reply with quote

Dustin came out to my home and delivered a rear clip. to Tyler.
I nearly fell over dead in shock.. wow, Dustin , Thanks !
I didnt rush him, they are a family not huge company. Bless them.

what a nice guy and his wife Cassie.
they are a nice couple and very friendly and super knowledgeable on ACVW.
i plan to get an appointment with him , so i can get lots for goodies.

he has found parts for me that are very hard to find.
he's yard is a gold mine to VW restorers.
His yard is 30miles west, from Tyler.

He is a very busy man, moving about the area, helping and selling parts.
shoot him and email and wait for answers. give him time, if a week end.

I hope he gets lots of business.
He said he ships all over the place.
Few do that.
cheers, jerry
Darvet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest Seller! Thanks!
callmehorse66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Glowing report - Great seller Reply with quote

I bought a some type 1 trunk / dash air ducts & plenum from Dustin, and everything went great & the price what very reasonable. Dustin is very communicative, goes the extra distance to be helpful, and he's honest about what he can & can't do. I highly suggest him to anybody looking for parts Very Happy

Karl Johnson in Phoenix
curlymule
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: great service Reply with quote

Wish I could get to the Bug Barn myself. It would be better than Disneyland for me. As it is, I'll have to stick with the Samba. As long as Samba has sellers like Dustin, I'm a happy customer. Keep it up and I'll keep and I'll keep shopping. Thanks, Ann Very Happy
na2rboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Door Handle Trim Plates Reply with quote

Ordered two door handle trim plates. Easy, communicative, fast shipping. Would buy from again. Thanks, Dustin! Very Happy
VW105E
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Few days ago i bought him one radio trim plate. Purchase went very smoothly. Fast answer and fast shipping. Received in one week from Athens(Texas) to Portugal. I recommend it.

JORGE/VW105E
Rick73Super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a slight delay in shipping via USPS which took 8 days, they are incompetent, tried to deliver package on a Saturday when business was closed (they know we are closed on Saturdays)
if I were to order again, I would request not to ship USPS
Seller was tracking package, very helpful in trying to resolve

I ordered a NOS spare tire mount which arrived in excellent shape, as described
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the comment above, I believe that the poster was saying that "USPS" was incompetent, certainly not Dustin and Cassie!

I just recieved two parts that got here SO fast that I'm not sure that I even ordered them yet! Lightning fast delivery, very nice folks who communicate well. I can't wait to someday visit them and their VW yard!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rick73Super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Post office was incompetent, sorry if this was not clear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SupBeat74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posting up some feedback on Dustin.
Dustin is a straight up honest guy. He was accommodating to my needs going above and beyond - all while being courteous in all of his communications.
There was a shipping miscommunication (on my end) and Dustin made it right by picking up the re-shipping cost even though the mix-up was not his fault. Thank you Dustin. You're the Man.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
'69Custom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased a dome light from one of his Samba ads.

I was very impressed with the speed of his communication and his shipping time was top notch! I'm very happy!

1969 Frankenbug
1965 Ford Mustang
:2gunfire: F-U-M-P!
~"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken." ~The Boss
Please excuse any typos as my iPhone doesn't speak English very well. 
tham64 wrote:
Why tune a big round again and again????? For me.... 1 hour will solve the case Cool

www.endlesscustomz.com
lekrz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! what great people to deal with. Double checked the item against one of their in stock cars for fitment and got write back with me. Parts came so quickly, I thought this couldn't be. Packing was super and parts were excellent!! I'll cut to the chase in the future and buy from them as often as needed.

Thanks again, for a smooth transaction.

Larry Ziman
Waverly, NE
Atx67beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: What an amazing place and great folks! Reply with quote

My daughter and I are in the process of restoring a 67 beetle. I came across a story about the Bug Barn on 1967beetle.com. We took our first available opportunity to make it out to visit this weekend and had a blast!!! I can't say enough about how much fun we had. We were able to get several 67 only parts, some relatively common parts, and lots of great info! Dustin and Cassie are wonderful to work with. They have a great selection and very reasonable prices.

Thank you Dustin and Cassie! The work that you two are doing is much appreciated, and knowing the "back story" of how you ended up back at the barn warms our hearts. And also, thanks to the guys @ 1967beetle.com for spreading the word!

Nathan, Maria and Michelle
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: