Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

16'' Syncro Fender Flare Questions?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeohsix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

insyncro wrote:
zeohsix wrote:
I'm ready for Syncro 16 rear flares in the $400 neighborhood how many firm commitments do you need to proceed?

Wrong neighborhood?
Why would you expect them to be less than the 14" version they sell Rolling Eyes

I'm talking about 2 rear flares not a complete set of all 4. I did my part to support Terra Wagon in RSVP their initial offering, I bought front flares the 1st day of release so, I am now looking for the Syncro 16 rear flares I want for my build.

I realize it's difficult to make parts in small volume lots and make a profit. In fact right now I have a SAMBA member not happy with me because I don't have some rear disc brake parking cable assemblies ready to ship.....I guess I should have made more and sat on them like some of my Syncro locker parts but, didn't know how well they would be received.....on the other hand....I'm plugging all my proceeds in selling Syncro locker parts back into a decent sized order of parts from Germany all the while hoping 50% of the inquiries I've had result in sales of product I have in transit when it arrives in about 10-15 days time.

In the meantime my Syncro build needs some more hours put into it before it hits the road, then there's an important guy waiting on 094 parts from me.....my wife decided she had enough with the state of our master bedroom on our 50+ year old house.....have to keep her happy as I'm a well kept man Very Happy

We do the best we can.....if Terra Wagon needs a deposit to offset tooling costs on Syncro 16 rear flares, I'm ready to fund it.....if they don't think 10 pairs at somewhere in the $400 price range will make the project feasible I may just look into doing some on my own....I think I know a person who might have a set for sale Idea
I'm Cheap! I'll build that Syncro Westy myself and save money but, my labor is "FREE" especially if I ever go to sell it! One thing is I will know the quality of the parts and labor that went into the build and rest better when I'm actually driving said Westy down the road!
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one set of 16" rears, OK.
Let's see what Eric says.
SyncroGhia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekdrew wrote:
Now now Ben.

Keep your mind on spreading....... Vanagon Wheelwell Flares!!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Now now Ben.

Keep your mind on spreading....... Vanagon Wheelwell Flares!!!

The 16" arches are still popping up second hand. I've managed to buy a few sets since my previous reply without breaking the bank.

I'm running 235/85R16 BF Goodrich A/T on Limey now.

I have slightly modified the bottom of the B-pillar by removing some material from the leading edge of the jacking point and then getting friendly with a large hammer and the metal work at the bottom to persuade it to accept a new contour against the trimmed jacking point.

I haven't clearanced the front edge as per these photos but I have removed the very lowest point of metal and plastic as they caught in the early days of using 215/85R16s.

I don't off-road with the 235/85R16s on as I know that they will catch when on full compression. I still use 215/85R16 Muds for off-roading and never have an issue with them catching on the bodywork.

Limey is very tall though and this makes the difference.

Just for detail...

Front is running 25mm bolt on spacers and I use those with both the steel Syncro 16" wheels and the Audi Winter wheels which have a 42mm offset.

At the back, I think I'm running 15-20mm spacers.

MG
T3 Tristar Syncro 16 SOLD
T3 Tristar Syncro RHD SOLD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: