Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Door Panel Clips
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
elise111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Door Panel Clips Reply with quote

Anyone have any tricks for removing the spring type door panel clips? WW says they are one time use, but they are so expensive that there must be a better way!
Pete
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I did it, I used a tool like this
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I had a mixture of either original or older repro clips and new WW clips that I had installed to replace some missing or broken ones, then I realized I needed to remove the panel to fix something. A lot of the old ones broke. The new ones did not but they were very tight. A few of the new ones I had to bend out a little to make sure they were like new before re-installation.

I don't think they are 1-time use but I can see them breaking if they get caught while removing them.. A few of my old ones would not come out and I ended up snapping the clips off the button head to get them off.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elise111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a good solution at the local Harbor Freight. Orientation of the pry tool relative to the clip's springy tabs makes a huge difference in effort to remove the clip. See orientation in the second picture. When I pressed the clips back into the door, I've oriented them the same way for future ease of removal.
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO it is better to go under the door panel to pry them off and they are reusable too. WW does sell new ones....

Follow my new products on my Facebook Werks Berg
Click the below ADs link for products & feedback.
Search "werksberg" on Photobucket for products photos & Please remember to buy "American made products!"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: