Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hurst bumper dimensions?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
I think that it is far more rewarding to build something, then to just fork over a bunch of loot! -I am not saying that they aren't worth it, as the Heil machine repro's are OFF THE CHAIN!!! (a.k.a: totally awsome!) but,

I know when I fab. something, I have a great deal of satisfaction in knowing that I made it with myself.

As far as it being to much work- Nah... when you love to fabricate, its not work at all. -but you have to want it!

It just comes down to perspective I guess.

Also, I can't find a price for the repro's anywhere... not in the classifieds, or on the Heilmachine site...

Finally something I can agree with!

I contacted Heil a few times, no response. Also they are a little expensive and awkward to ship up here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JLevassiur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tstracy39 wrote:
Buy any one of the Hurst repros that's available and copy it. Anyone who knows the measurements by heart is involved in selling the repros and aint gonna tell ya jack because of that. In fact, they have been known to come on here in the past under the pretext of safety issues and call people out for (supposedly) making cheap imitations of their product.

nice constructive comment.
who are you? what product do you make? do you try to protect your kids with it while riding in your bus?

Last edited by JLevassiur on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:56 am; edited 2 times in total
JLevassiur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
dawerks wrote:

Also, I can't find a price for the repro's anywhere... not in the classifieds, or on the Heilmachine site...

Finally something I can agree with!

I contacted Heil a few times, no response. Also they are a little expensive and awkward to ship up here.

Im probably going to get blasted but I could not resist responding to that last comment.
I have not been making any lately as life has really gotten in the way and changes are happening. enough on that.
when I have more and I have life back on track, I will post them up. thanks for any of the kind words I have seen towards my product.
JLevassiur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Hurst bumper dimensions? Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
Does anyone know the dimensions for the Hurst bumper? I think I would like to make a version of it to protect the nose of my bus.

PM me for the dimensions.
I have never had an issue with helping someone out. I have had issues with people trying to take my work and make money as some jackass pointed out, but never an issue helping a guy who just wants to make something for himself.

Ill warn you, it will take me a bit to get the info and get back to you, I have a crazy schedule, and life is nuts right now but I can measure mine if you like.
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Hurst bumper dimensions? Reply with quote

JLevassiur wrote:
dawerks wrote:
Does anyone know the dimensions for the Hurst bumper? I think I would like to make a version of it to protect the nose of my bus.

PM me for the dimensions.
I have never had an issue with helping someone out. I have had issues with people trying to take my work and make money as some jackass pointed out, but never an issue helping a guy who just wants to make something for himself.

Ill warn you, it will take me a bit to get the info and get back to you, I have a crazy schedule, and life is nuts right now but I can measure mine if you like.

Stand up guy!! Smile The last thing I expected is help from the maker! That is really great!
JLevassiur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Hurst bumper dimensions? Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:

Stand up guy!! Smile The last thing I expected is help from the maker! That is really great!

thanks.
life has kicked me in the balls for a while now and at the moment I cant do any bumpers so why not help you out? I hope you make one and get it mounted up. the correct radius in the tubes is a pain, and the clocking of them is too, but if you want to do it, cool.
Ill try to take some measurements this weekend.
jeffreyned
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread, I know.

I'd love to get dimensions and details on making my own hurst bumper. Like previous poster mentioned, I like trying to make my own stuff.

I'm not interested in trying to start my own repro business. Plenty of people with better skills are doing that right now. I would just like to try to make my own and learn from the process. (If I was a good enough fabricator already, probably wouldn't need the help and measurements from others...)

I imagine that if I don't succeed (quite possible) then I'd want to buy one from someone who has the skills. I just gotta try, that's all.

Anyway, If someone has templates/measurements/data on how to build one. Please let me know.
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to build one like the one on my old Barndoor... Look at that nose, perfect!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Culito

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
And classy, too!
johnnypan wrote:
...dont pay no attention to Culito,he's a cornhole..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SkooobaSteve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention the perky turn signals
Romans 6:13
WTB 67 beetle rear seat belts.
59 Euro ragtop build with my dad
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=493553&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
65 dlx Slow build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391061
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOUBUGME2 wrote:
Not to mention the perky turn signals

that is what i was thinking, no rack but nice, perky nipples Smile

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
jeffreyned
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
I'm going to build one like the one on my old Barndoor... Look at that nose, perfect!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I don't know why you don't see more of those. Especially among the trailer queen crowd- they might actually dare drive their cars if they had a full cage like that. Laughing
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's got perky tits and BUNS!

Big Ugly Nose Saver. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: