Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VolkzBitz - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: VolkzBitz
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 11, 2024
aRandomAggie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Add me to the list of happy customers! Tim restored my 34-3, and was very responsive to my questions before I sent him the carb. I don’t think these carbs looked this good when they were new! The carb performs flawlessly.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a restored Solex 34 Pict 3 off Tim. Couldn't be happier. Great communication, shipped fast, and looks great. Will definitely do business with him in the future.
-Nick Good
lillaRe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a restored German Solex 34 Pict-3 from Tim a couple days ago and I couldn't be happier. It was packed well and arrived real quick. Great communication from Tim and the carb looks awesome! I will definitely be a repeat customer.
dorsett7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just got my German 34pict from Tim and I must say it is a work of art with extreme attention to detail, literally just like new,I can't imagine anyone else offering a better product and consider myself lucky to get one of tims.....thanks!
Alaskan Possum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got the new carb - Volkzbitz German Solex SVDA 34-4 and distributor - Bill Fowler (wcfvw69) German Bosch 034 and put them on.
First of all, WOW. They looked brand new and were sent quickly with instructions which helped a lot to a newbie such as myself.
I did a static time, and then with the light setting the timing as suggested by Bill. Car drove great, no hesitation at all and I did not have to do any adjustments other than the timing as mentioned.
Both Tim and Bill let me know when the items would be ready and notified me when they were shipped, with tracking numbers.

Thanks to the both of them and to all who helped me with suggestions.
Hot Rod Harp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thank you Tim, the original Solex 34PICT-3 carburetor looks better that new. I'm glad I had you rebuild it instead of purchasing an Empi replacement.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

88 Goldwing GL1500/6 sold

RinTinTin in Waldorf Astoria 1956
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6voltDeluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently purchased a new Empi 34 pict 3 to use on a 1600 DP.
Tried running it with a 009 and a SVDA distributor.
I had rough idle and poor acceleration with both distributors. It also seeped gas around the throttle shaft.

So, I sent Tim my old Solex 34 pict 3 for a restore.
He asked me which distributor I would be using (009) and he set it up for what I wanted.
Let me say, I never imagined this engine could run so smooth and be as responsive as it is. And what's amazing is there's no flat spot on acceleration.

This guy is really good at restoring carburetors!!!
scalevws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I sent Tim 2 carbs to go through. I got them back pretty quick. They look brand new. Amazing how good they look. Excellent communication and fast turn around time.

Thanks Tim

Rickd
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Tim restored a 30 PICT 3 for my 1970 1600 single port. It works perfect !!! Great workmanship. Honest and did everything he said he was going to do. Highly recommend. Before you spend good money on a Brosol 30/31, contact Tim and get a real German Carb that does the job correctly. A true VW artisan. Jim Weiler
Big Bull Shooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Add me to the list of satisfied Volkzbitz customers. I bought a restored Solex 30 Pict 2 off of Tim as well as a throttle positioner. He was always quick to respond to my emails, and the quality of his work exceeded my expectations - and that is something you won't hear from me very often!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MarcDev
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had Tim rebuild the original 28-Pict 1 from my survivor 64 (45+ years in hibernation) and I also bought one outright. Tim was fantastic, helped me work through an issue, picked up his cell phone to help, and was super responsive, thanks again, Tim!
Relyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Tim came through for me again!

I picked up a 30 pict 1 with power circuit from him. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is amazing, he even beveled the edges of the vacuum fitting and fuel inlet so it doesn’t damage the hoses.

My car runs so much smoother now, even problems I chalked up to exhaust leaks and plugged heat risers (both of which are still next on my list) disappeared. And it seems to actually pair together with my, rebuilt by Bill, 205T better then the H30/31 I was running. I don’t know if it’s just the sad shape the H30/31 was in or if it actually isn’t a perfect match.

My wait time was kind of long but it was well worth it, and I can’t complain because the last carb I got from him I needed right away and he accommodate me, so it’s only fair I waited my turn this time. Tim deserves every bit of business that he gets, and that means that sometimes there’s a wait as he is not sacrificing quality for quantity.

This is a beautiful carb. Looking it over it’s obvious he know his craft. I wouldn’t trust anyone else with these carburetors.

Thanks again Tim!
205T (Bill)
miller0358
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Received my carb. back from Tim today. 2nd carb I had rebuilt by him. Looks like brand new. Comes with adjustment directions, and contact info. if you have any problems. If you need any kind of carb work go with him
miller0358
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Put the rebuilt carb. from Tim on the car today. All I can say is WOW!!! Small adjustment, never ran this good. Thanks again Tim.
Thompson2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Holy crap! I'll just pile on to what has already been said here --

- Carb looks better than new!
- Don't buy aftermarket, just get in touch with Tim
- Tim is super easy to work with and does amazing work
- Price may seem high, but it's freakin' worth it! You WILL NOT be disappointed

My only complaint is that now I feel like I've got to detail the engine before I put the carb on because it's so nice!

Cheers Tim!
Michael Thompson
corro23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got my carb from Tim today. Looks brand new. Wow!
bhartwell59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

So nice to have the OG 34pict3 back on my Ghia. A tweak to auto choke and it's running better than ever. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ayr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Beautiful work. I've 'cleaned' and worked on motorcycle carbs for a few years with the self assurance that if I didn't do a good job I could always throw the bike on the truck and redo the carb again later - and that happened a few times.
I don't have that luxury with the Beetle and I wanted something solid that my kids can confidently enjoy driving.
The 34Pict3 is spotless, I bolted it up as instructed and added a rebuilt distributor from Bill. The car runs excellent, really happy with how it runs now.
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

My engine was running terrible. I couldn't get it to run enough to even set the idle. People here on Samba told me about Tim's reputation and quality work. So off it went. It came back looking like new. I installed it on the car. Turned the key and after 6 seconds it fired right up. The fast idle worked perfect. It warmed up like it should and the engine is happy. Very Happy Can't wait to take it for a test drive this summer. Thank you Tim.

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
Barnzilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:46 am    Post subject: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Recieved my Solex 28 PICT carb back today! WOW it looks and more importanty it works great so happy i found out about Tim....the price is well worth it....Thanks again I will spread the word....Ron
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: