Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VolkzBitz - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: VolkzBitz
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 05, 2024
Ronix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a 28 PICT-1 from Tim. His communication, lead Times, and pricing were exceptional. As for the 28 PICT-1 is perfect in a appearance. Cannot was get it installed.

Thanks Tim!
riverside66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I finally pulled the trigger on one of Tim's rebuilt VW/Solex 34 Pict 3 carburetors, and man what a difference!

I tried (and lost) with a generic Chinese copy, and had worse results with it than a tired old Redline I was using. I bit the bullet, and contacted Tim. It took about 5 weeks, but sure enough right at the 5 week mark I received an email from Tim saying that my carb was ready. I put it on yesterday, and I can honestly say that my bug has never run better!

Thank you Tim!

Volkbitz carbs are now my very first recommendation when someone I know needs a carb replacement.
AppomattoxVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Can't be more satisfied with Tim and his work and the 28PCI he sent me for my 1956 Beetle. It looks better than new. My car idles much more smoothly. I assume the carb's bowl will still be filled with gas in 1 week for an immediate start unlike my old carb Smile
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'73 Super Beetle
'77 Super Beetle Convertable
'82 Quantum TD
'85 Vanagon
'91 Jetta Carat
'93 Eurovan (2)
'99 Jetta
'03 Passat (gave to son with 190,000 miles)
'13 Touareg
'19 Tiguan
kent70ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Tim remanufactured my 30 PICT 1, for my Ghia. It looked better than new when it arrived and bolted right on. It started right up and runs the best it ever has. I added the screwed in barbed fuel fitting, so never have to worry about it coming out.

Thanks for the great work.
cruiser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

15 pages of high praise for Tim and what he does for our Volkswagen community...I'll add yet another recommendation to this LARGE feedback forum posting. Tim performed his magic on my 28 PICT and I couldn't be more satisfied. Excellent communications throughout the whole restoration of it, shipping was speedy and like the last client posting here, bolted right up and the car runs superb. Thank you Tim! I look forward to doing business with you again in the near future.
levin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Nothing I can add that hasn't been said several hundred times.

I've purchased two carbs from Tim so far, and will definitely return any and every time I need a stock carb.
mxl556
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a 34pict4 from Tim about 6 years ago and it fixed all the problems I had (poor unstable idle, hesitation, leaks, constant need for adjustment). The carb has been working perfectly and needed no adjustments in about 15K miles. Highly recommended!
scranscran
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just got my carbs back from Tim, and holy crap.....I am beside myself with what a good job he did/does. Sooooooo glad I decided to send them out to him as opposed to buying a set of new Webers. Its going to be awhile before they actually get put on my car since the engine is being rebuilt, but I can't wait till they do!
zabo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got a 28pict from tim. its beautiful and my cars driving better than it has in years! thanks!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joe cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

First experience with Volksbitz exceeded my expectations. He corrected stuff I didn’t even know that as wrong. I will be sending more carbs his way.
nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got my carburetor bottom yesterday put it back together today,fired it up it was great not to see and smell gas leaking out of the throttle bushings anymore.Great job guys I'ld recommend VolkzBitz for carburetor work anytime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DaBraink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a new, in the box EMPI 34 PICT 3 and found the choke would not close due to casting material, I tried to return it and was basically told "out of luck if the box is opened". I managed to file down the extra material but never could get it to run correctly. I found the only way it would idle was to back the idle jet out about 1/8th of a turn then use medium blue Locktite to secure it. Over the past year it has been running worse than ever and no amount of adjustments could make it run correctly.

I finally sent my SOLEX 34 PICT 3 to Tim and just installed it today. I bolted it on and it fired right up, idles nicely and has no hesitation as the accelerator pump is set perfectly. I asked for the threaded barbed inlet and was so glad to see it is the proper 5.5mm size to run the German hose.

I run an SVDA and the EMPI would have a horrible flat spot even after many attempts to adjust. Bottom line, just send to Tim and enjoy driving instead of repairing.

There's never enough time to do things right, but always enough time to do them over.
BeeDubyaBugz Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Awesome buyer. Bought cores from me many times. Very fair and quick payment! Thanks Tim!
1963 ragtop bug
1965 Bug convertible

Fire Survivors:
1969 bug autostick
1974 sun bug
lwhiting
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just bought a rebuilt 34pict3 from Tim. What a work of art.....thought it should go in a shadow box for display rather than on an engine. A vote of thanks to the folks that keep the volks on the road. Without them we would be doomed to the chinese copy. Larry
mloret
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I can't say enough good things about my experience with Volkzbitz. Tim's communication was outstanding. He answered all of my questions prior to purchase. When I finally made the purchase, the turn-around time was excellent. For months, I had been struggling to get my car to run right after I installed an Empi carb on my '72 Super Beetle. I adjusted and adjusted and adjusted and I just couldn't get the car to hold an idle. I heard that Tim's products would fix my car right up, and the tales were true! My car runs impeccably now! Finally, when adjusting the screws on the rebuilt carb, Tim was kind enough to answer my questions and help ensure that I didn't screw up the settings. All in all an outstanding transaction and superior service.
Mercury-man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Tim overhauled my 1967 beetle carburetor.

The turnaround was quick and Tim’s communications were excellent.

Tim does excellent work and has my highest recommendation.
Mark 75 Super Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just got my 34 PICT from Tim-it's a work of art! It looks better than new, literally. I'm hoping to get it put on my car and try to start it, for the first time in 28 years, in a few days. Quick turn around time, pleasure to deal with.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Another pleased VolkzBitz customer here.
My 30 PICT-1 is happily co-operating with my SparxVerks distributor. Very Happy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Mark 75 Super Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a 34 from Tim outright, and it's a work of art! It looks probably better than they did new! I bolted it on the car, and without touching anything it fired right up and idled perfectly the first time. Honestly, it reminded me of a fuel injected car in that it fired so fast! I haven't driven my car yet, but I'm assuming it will be fine. Thanks again Tim for an excellent product, and excellent service!
SteveMoore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

My A+ rating for Tim got lost in Sambaland. So, Tm did a super job on the 30/31 bolted on, fired up! Thanks Tim nice work there man.
71 super. 1600 205t dist.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: