Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

Model 642 Smith and Wesson, .38 Special, laser sights. Hammerless.

Not all of the time. Dependent on the situation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

Big dog, I work regularly outside of Augusta, if I had to live there, I would carry one a little more than I do now, just saying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

Thankfully, I don't live in Augusta (disgusta) but the next county over. I moved when I bought my first house. Yes, Augusta/Richmond County ain't what it used to be, just like the old gray mare.

Very Happy
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

Glock 22-(.40) and a chinese 12 ga double with external hammers and 18' barrell- which do you think I should pull first???

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

williamM wrote:
Glock 22-(.40) and a chinese 12 ga double with external hammers and 18' barrell- which do you think I should pull first???

I'd like to see that gun with the eighteen foot barrel.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

"Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any?" is the topic.

Don't start debating larger concepts outside of that question, as those posts will be removed.

Thank you.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:
williamM wrote:

Sounds like something an Iowa class ship would pack. Wink
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
Q-Dog wrote:
williamM wrote:

Sounds like something an Iowa class ship would pack. Wink

Heard it could shoot a Beetle 20 miles But won't mount on my bus with out mods. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

Jennepher wrote:
"Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any?" is the topic.

Don't start debating larger concepts outside of that question, as those posts will be removed.

Thank you.

Actually, thank you. This thread is better without politics.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

Here's what I have.
Kimber 1911 .45
S&W sigma series .40
Springfield XD40 .40

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

For conceal carry its the XD

My next carry gun will be this though.
Kimber Ultra Covert II

http://www.kimberamerica.com/ultra-covert-ii
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

I had a Kimber TLE-ll just like that, took it as a partial trade for an engine, great gun. I sold it because I didn't want to collect yet another caliber & it was a bit heavy & bulky to carry concealed.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
I had a Kimber TLE-ll just like that, took it as a partial trade for an engine, great gun. I sold it because I didn't want to collect yet another caliber & it was a bit heavy & bulky to carry concealed.

Yeah it's too bulky to use as a proper conceal carry weapon. It's by far my favorite gun though. Everything is just so smooth. My next gun purchase will be another Kimber for sure though. They're phenomenal firearms.
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

Don't "carry" but I've got a CZ 75 B Omega - new gun for 2016. You can switch between safety and decocker - I prefer the decocker.

<-- Helga, she slammed her dub in '53 and adjusted valves with her teeth
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
Here's what I have.
Kimber 1911 .45
S&W sigma series .40
Springfield XD40 .40

For conceal carry its the XD

My next carry gun will be this though.
Kimber Ultra Covert II

http://www.kimberamerica.com/ultra-covert-ii

I've got a Springfield XD .40 as well, but I've yet to find a perfect concealed carry holster. The IWB is probably the best, but try driving around in your Beetle with that and it ain't comfy at all digging into your lower back. The Uncle Mike's shoulder holster is plenty comfortable, but the gun handle makes a noticeable clothing bump under the armpit.

A guy I work with has one of those fruity fanny pack holsters for his Glock. Maybe that's the way to go.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

Carrying on your person is tricky and generally uncomfortable.

My dad has one of these for his LC9, but he is a retired cop and is accustomed to having stuff hanging from his belt. I hate having stuff clinging to me. I don't even wear my wedding ring unless we go out to dinner or something.

http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

@ awreed, try holster pro.
https://holsterpro.com
I carry IWB on hip. Not the easiest to get at if seated & belted but otherwise the easiest conceal for me.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Carrying on your person is tricky and generally uncomfortable.

My dad has one of these for his LC9, but he is a retired cop and is accustomed to having stuff hanging from his belt. I hate having stuff clinging to me. I don't even wear my wedding ring unless we go out to dinner or something.

http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/

I don't like stuff hanging from my person either- guns and phones really can become cumbersome when you have to do anything physical like run, jump, or whatever. The sneakypete holsters kinda look like square purses hanging from the belt. Great idea for concealment, but not my cup o' tea.

The Springfield is a great gun, but just not a good conceal carry item. Great for the hiking trails, camping, and getting kicked out of Ikea. My next hand gun will be something like a S&W hammerless revolver: small and light enough to slide into the front pocket.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

Try it before you commit, I got a Ruger LCP with the idea of a pocket carry, it printed more than my S&W Shield with IWB holster.

awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Try it before you commit, I got a Ruger LCP with the idea of a pocket carry, it printed more than my S&W Shield with IWB holster.

Maybe a good pocket holster then.
I will look into the IWB hip carry for my Springfield, though. I'm still thinking that the XD40 is just too big to be able to reasonably and comfortably conceal.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone carry self defense items or weapons, if any? Reply with quote

I had it in a pocket holster, it was obvious that I was carrying though. I've always worn the shirts untucked though & you can't tell that my Shield is there, it's the same size as the XD.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: