Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tristar Doka interior fabric
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bills85Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:07 am    Post subject: Tristar Doka interior fabric Reply with quote

Hi all,

Is anyone reproducing the Tristar Doka interior seat / door panel fabric?

I haven't yet called Sewfine yet, but will.

As an alternative, does anyone have any spares or old material they'd be willing to part with for patches? I'm having an auto upholsterer make repairs where possible.

My upholstery is in generally good condition with some pulled seams but I have one bad bucket seat bottom.

Thanks!
Bill
Engine Conversion Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612144&highlight=
85 Doka L345 Grey - 1.9L
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Tristar Doka interior fabric Reply with quote

I would look at overseas vendors for the fabric, that would be your best option. A picture of your particular fabric may help.
Bills85Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Tristar Doka interior fabric Reply with quote

syncrodoka wrote:
I would look at overseas vendors for the fabric.

Good idea. This truck came the way of Tristar Connection / Lars so will reach out to him too.

I was hoping that the global Samba "brain trust" might have a fast cut through!
Engine Conversion Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612144&highlight=
85 Doka L345 Grey - 1.9L
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Tristar Doka interior fabric Reply with quote

Try bus-ok, tristar connection, brickwerks, günzl. Unfortunately I recently lost all of my bookmarks.
S4VAGE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Tristar Doka interior fabric Reply with quote

Bills85Westy wrote:
Hi all,

As an alternative, does anyone have any spares or old material they'd be willing to part with for patches? I'm having an auto upholsterer make repairs where possible.

My upholstery is in generally good condition with some pulled seams but I have one bad bucket seat bottom.

Thanks!
Bill

I have tried everywhere. Including sewfine, somone in the Netherlands that folks told me to contact, and the place in England.... Nada. Please let me know if you find it and I'll do the same.

here is the thread where folks were offering ideas and then started a dog picture thread instead Very Happy
: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=784248&highlight=interior+pattern
Bills85Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Tristar Doka interior fabric Reply with quote

S4VAGE wrote:
Bills85Westy wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Bill

I have tried everywhere. Including sewfine, somone in the Netherlands that folks told me to contact, and the place in England.... Nada. Please let me know if you find it and I'll do the same.

here is the thread where folks were offering ideas and then started a dog picture thread instead Very Happy
: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=784248&highlight=interior+pattern

Thanks! What I’ve resulted to is pulling my covers off and taking them into an auto upholstery who specializes in restorations and VWs. They are going to restitch the seams and install new backing on the fabric and then stitch the two completely together. I know there are lots of directions to go with new covers, but the Tristar “Tweed” is pretty special and on all the door panels too.

I will keep my eyes open for fabric and update this thread if something new crops up.
85 Doka L345 Grey - 1.9L
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: