Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

First Foray into Twin Carbs
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: First Foray into Twin Carbs Reply with quote

I am taking the 1600SP in my 67 bus (rebuilt gearbox with 4.12RP, just fyi) into the realm of twin carbs. I've resisted the idea for years, but have enough friends now run them, whose opinions I trust. Plus the wife's Notchback came with twin 34 webers (and, man, does it move!).

So here's what I'm putting together: I'm taking my existing 1600SP and tacking on 32mm T3 stock carbs (yes, I like having a choke) with stock-style oil-bath air cleaners.

I'm piecing together everything from stuff out of the Samba classifieds and will next need to source a linkage. I've heard that the Scat linkage and the repro Deano Twist-style (???) linkages are great, but I'd like to hear from more people about what to look for (yes, I'm headed to the TRP Indoor Swap on Sunday & would love to find something there) and what to anticipate when setting all this up on my engine.

FYI, nothing I've bought yet has arrived. The carbs and air cleaners are all in transit, so I can't look at X or Y and tell you if it does or doesn't have something. Smile

And thanks in advance to all who chime in!

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: