Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Flagstaff High Altitude Kampout July 29-31st, 2011
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWCampGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Flagstaff High Altitude Kampout July 29-31st, 2011 Reply with quote

The dates are set the 2011 Flagstaff High Altitued Kampout. July 29th - 31st, 2011. We are looking forward to camping season and this event will go on with or without the bells and whistles. Last year we cancelled due to limited funds but even after cancelling we still had over 100 people show up. So this year I figure if we have the money to have a band, or a raffle and the extra stuff we will....if not...screw it we are camping anyway!!

The event will be held at the Flagstaff KOA. Price will be the same as the last 3 years, $8 per person /per night kids 12 and under are free. The campground has 200 spots available. All with water, electricity, wi-fi and there are 2 bath houses with showers and toilets. There is an on site grocery store, coffee, and breakfast kitchen. This is a very kid friendly event and pets are welcome too as long as they are leashed. Campfires are allowed in the small grills we provide at each site or you can bring an above ground firepit. No Ground Fires. We have full onsite recycling and RV spaes available for those who tow their rigs.

VENDING IS FREE!

You can view full campground pictures and info at www.FlagstaffKOA.com or find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001503626321&sk=wall

Ok...I think that is it...I will add to this post as we get info. updates and schedules of events.

VW Camping at 7000 feet...for those who don't know....killer weather!!!! Very Happy
02 Audi TT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Das Dragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in!

With *****, "Bullshit Happens"!
aveyinc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing

Time to get busy on a few things for you then!

GHOSTWAGENS!
WOMAN with short dirty nails!
salty dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be there for sure. Cool

67 Fastback RIP 3-1-11
62 Panel/Sub-Hatch/Camper
69 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Gina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: reservations Reply with quote

I'm in. Do we have to reserve and pay for spots now?
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there. Just hope you don't have fire or flood concerns again this year.
erlawson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the request in for the days off, can't wait!

Eddie

TOOB Member #13
BSQUARE wrote:
...When bugs mature, they become type 3s.

Ghostwagens
VWCampGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meredith...yep for sure we should connect soon! I think we are going to be at the Ghostwagens Breakfast at gerogies on the 13th...so maybe then??

Gina...no you don't need to reserve a spot or pay till you arrive. Unless you have a specific site you want then a reservation is recommended. I will hunt for bagel dogs Smile

JD....sorry to hear about your fastback accident last night....Death by Cow! Not good...but glad to hear you are ok.

Excited to camp with everyone! Will be a good time as always Smile
02 Audi TT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
salty dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are so looking forward to this Event. We missed the first one, but have been to the last 2. Doesn't matter if you have all the bells and whistles or not. People will come and have a great time just hanging with old and new friends. I think last years Event was the best, as there was nothing to do except visit with folks and kick back and relax. I know Millie had a great time last year as she got thrown into a Tequila tasting contest with the Yumans and some of the ABC. They know who they are. Laughing

67 Fastback RIP 3-1-11
62 Panel/Sub-Hatch/Camper
69 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
mark michels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN.
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be a few Yuma buses crawling out of the sweltering badlands for a green, cool, beauitful weekend with the lost colony of "mountain people". We will come peacefully with offerings of chocolate and booze. We will try to understand the language and express to them that we are not occupiers, merely weary weekend travelers seeking experiences with diverse cultures and a very good time.

IN!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWCampGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
There will be a few Yuma buses crawling out of the sweltering badlands for a green, cool, beauitful weekend with the lost colony of "mountain people". We will come peacefully with offerings of chocolate and booze. We will try to understand the language and express to them that we are not occupiers, merely weary weekend travelers seeking experiences with diverse cultures and a very good time.

IN!

Hahahahaha....Andy....that is some funny shit right there!
02 Audi TT
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well you know...some of us are born idiots and others have to work really hard at it.

Looks like we'll be seeing you guys soon on The VW Howard Route 66 Run.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWCampGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking foward to it! The weather is finally turning nice and I can not wait to get some camping time in before my campground explodes with chaos and I can't get away.

Are you bringing your son??
02 Audi TT
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Both boys, Crystal and myself.
VWCampGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out into the woods today to buy a kayak from a guy and when I got out to his house I found out he is a vw guy...his walls are covered in split window bus art and....he plays in a Delta Blues Band. He asked if I was the girl he holds the VW campout because his band really wants to play.

Soooo......we WILL be having a band. A hawaiian surf retiree that is now spending his days loving volkswagens and playin the blues. Looking forward to it!
02 Audi TT
VWCampGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a VERy cool vintage 1950's Canvas Side Tent complete with poles, original carrying case and instructions from a antique shop for the raffle. It is perfect for a bus side tent or it can be used off the hatch of the type 3's. Either way...super cool!!!!
02 Audi TT
catmando
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: flag mile high attitude Reply with quote

Sue, Harvey (the new cat), and myself will be coming with a great attitude to share. Let the Cornhole games begin. So much fun the the weather is always great even in the rain.
Looking forward being with new, old friends.

Kenny Rogers
85 Westie with a Zetec
VWCampGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump!

Hell yes I just realized if it Memorial Day weekend I need to get my ass in gear and get stuff taken care of. Looking forward to this summers campout and then JD's the next weekend in Heber.
02 Audi TT
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that it's starting to warm up down here I'm beginning to hear the call of the KOA cool pines and related 4th annual Kampout enjoyment.

Hope you get thru the fire and flood season this year without any problems.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: