Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Syncro Solstice Roll Call, West Moab, Utah, May 12-15 2011
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Classicvibe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numbers and payments updated on the first page.

Updates and events listed on the main thread.

We are at maximum occupancy for awesomeness

Syncro Solstice 2022...see you there!

1986.5 Wolfsburg Syncro Westfalia Poptop Weekender Transporter
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officially out due to the new brake rotors not arriving in time.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I want to see lots of photos when you all return from this fantastic event!
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out the rear wheel bearings need to be repacked and the pin holding the backing plate refuses to budge. I hope to have this done by tonight or my trip is in jeopardy.
Classicvibe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

syncrodoka wrote:
Just found out the rear wheel bearings need to be repacked and the pin holding the backing plate refuses to budge. I hope to have this done by tonight or my trip is in jeopardy.

I hear ya!

Big Brakes - not installed
Current Brakes - old
Decoupler - Not installed
VC - Toast
Straight Shaft - Not installed
Trannie Guard - Not installed
Drive line - not installed

No use putting the decoupler back in if I can't get the straight shaft in, which means no need to bother with the drive line. Trannie Guard and brakes now at the top of list. I had also intended to rebuild my VC while down there. Maybe I'll save that for next year...

Unless I get a freaking break, I will be rollin' 2wd with a locker. Where does the time go?

carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classicvibe wrote:
syncrodoka wrote:

I hear ya!

Big Brakes - not installed
Current Brakes - old
Decoupler - Not installed
VC - Toast
Straight Shaft - Not installed
Trannie Guard - Not installed
Drive line - not installed

No use putting the decoupler back in if I can't get the straight shaft in, which means no need to bother with the drive line. Trannie Guard and brakes now at the top of list. I had also intended to rebuild my VC while down there. Maybe I'll save that for next year...

Unless I get a freaking break, I will be rollin' 2wd with a locker. Where does the time go?
You will be living in a village of mechanics, Duh, winning.
I am out the door. Safe journey to all.
Williamtaylor33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volks. I'm throwing in the towel. Neither van I have is up for the trip due to crappy parts I had to send back and my own procrastination.
Crying or Very sad
Classicvibe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williamtaylor33 wrote:
Volks. I'm throwing in the towel. Neither van I have is up for the trip due to crappy parts I had to send back and my own procrastination.
Crying or Very sad

That is a bummer...you were in line for a "longest traveled" something or other trophy. Anyway, we will carry on in a safe and awesome manner with every intention of making this trip the first of many so that you can make it happen next year!

syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a pitted CV and I am not going to make the trip across 3 states hoping for that it won't fail. Gonna buy the axles to finish the 930 conversion and wait for next year. Have fun folks.
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Johnny Maw. Any updates on the 2012 dates yet Question
joseph928
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: syncro Reply with quote

carterzest wrote:
Blue Bay Bus :X2 Very Happy
1987 syncro westy tin top sun roof , GW2.3, rear locker, decoupler, Gary Lee tire rack & winch mount, lift, south african grill, big brakes , rhein alloy ,15 BFG AT, Fiamma 10 foot awning ,140 watt rear 85 watt front solar , mppt, truckfridge, automatic fire extinguishing system, tencent oil cooler, And a RMW SS exhaust! - 1971 bug convertible 1776 engine- 2010 Subaru turbo - 1993 Toyota 4x4 truck - 1999 Harley 95 CI, big bore, Andrews cams . Also 80-84- vans. Stock 65 sunroof bug.
joseph928
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: syncro Reply with quote

joseph928 wrote:
carterzest wrote:
Blue Bay Bus :X2 Very Happy
Anything new yet!
1987 syncro westy tin top sun roof , GW2.3, rear locker, decoupler, Gary Lee tire rack & winch mount, lift, south african grill, big brakes , rhein alloy ,15 BFG AT, Fiamma 10 foot awning ,140 watt rear 85 watt front solar , mppt, truckfridge, automatic fire extinguishing system, tencent oil cooler, And a RMW SS exhaust! - 1971 bug convertible 1776 engine- 2010 Subaru turbo - 1993 Toyota 4x4 truck - 1999 Harley 95 CI, big bore, Andrews cams . Also 80-84- vans. Stock 65 sunroof bug.
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: syncro Reply with quote

joseph928 wrote:
Anything new yet!

We're all still waiting for the "Register Now" button. Pray
http://syncrosolstice.com/

2012 roll call thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=497308 Wink
2016 Golf GTI S
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joseph928
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: syncro solstice Reply with quote

Blue Bay Bus It must be up, I found the 2012 reg. form. Sent mine in seemed to work? If it did not go in I will try again. Very Happy
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: syncro solstice Reply with quote

joseph928 wrote:
Blue Bay Bus It must be up, I found the 2012 reg. form. Sent mine in seemed to work? If it did not go in I will try again. Very Happy
Confirmed. Saw that today checking the website. 2012 thread is titled " would you clean this off your van" and I'm sure there will be one in shows/events/camping/club section very soon. Johnny, I'm gonna need to buy a couple rush shirts and I'll put in an order form on syncrosolstice.com
With extra for shipping. I'm so bummed I can't make it. Come join me two weeks later y'all.
See you next year.
Jeffrey
Classicvibe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, you are correct. Registration is up and running. I was going to announce it tomorrow morning, but with this small mention in the thread it appears the gates are already open. 3 SS12 vans registered in the last couple of minutes alone. Haha, there is another.

We had some form glitches to resolve, and some logic we were trying to solve while in the middle of our regular day job day, and after you finish completing registration, you will ask yourself "that was the "fixed" form?" Yep...

The Rush shirts are pretty dang awesome indeed Jeff. I thought it was a pretty tame shirt, but it has has quickly become the red-headed step child of the event for all kinds of reasons, which ensures it will be a collectors piece. But it is an expensive shirt to print. It has been a blast creating it. Jon Teerlink brought it to life, and we have been laughing for 3 months on the different designs that finally got us here. I will try to post some on the site, as their are some awesome concepts.

OK, I am going to go announce this on the new thread, I should mention I changed the name to Solstice 2012 or the like (from would you clean this off your van). Then I will get some sleep for once this week. See you all soon.

kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Registered! Very Happy Blue Vanagon
2016 Golf GTI S
joseph928
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: syncro solstice Reply with quote

Blue Bay Bus Just got hold of a buddy in Sedona , he got his svx van done will sign up today, cool won't have to drive to Moab by myself. And I finally got directions so I shouldn't get lost! See you all there! Very Happy

Moderator note:
Please use the dedicated Show thread at
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=439039

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: