Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

UB12220 AuxBatt - Charging Options
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
82WestyMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: UB12220 AuxBatt - Charging Options Reply with quote

First I have to confess I probably killed my last set of UB12180 (18 AH) batteries by not keeping them fully charged and in maintenance / 'float' mode
I had a BatteryMinderPlus but it I never liked its low amp charge rate

That said, I plan on replacing my Aux Batteries setup with the UB12220 (22 AH) to give me a little more head-room when the Westy is off the grid

What I'd like is some input on some better charging options.
I've been looking at some higher amp chargers (like 10 amp) but with a maintenance / 'float' mode too.
I have an older, little Honda generator (EX650) I can use during the day to recharge

I was looking at this charger: "Go Power! Smart Charger" (i won't copy the features / specs here ) http://www.gpelectric.com/content/products/ViewProduct/?t=f&i=15

What I would like to find is something that charges up the Aux Batt's faster, still can maintain them in float mode.
I was also wondering about what happens when I am in charge mode AND are using the batteries
I've very open to other suggestions

Let me know what you think and your opinions... thanx in advance
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: