Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

63 Notchback
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirKewld4U
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: 63 Notchback Reply with quote

Rumor has it the reserve is above 25K...but I don't know for sure. I remember this being sold on the samba for 30K a few years back.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 63 Notchback Reply with quote

it hit 20K but not the reserve

I think 20K was a decent number. I know how many email I received when I listed mine. There are not many buyers out there, and despite the hype, type3's just don't sell fast or for a lot of money

in a way, thats good to me. less turn over...
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 63 Notchback Reply with quote

Man, there's a lot to this whole thing right here..

Many of us are far more personally invested in these things than what they should just be; Metal, rubber, plastic, etc.

Some don't think anything of getting the hook up so they can cash in.
It just doesn't occur to them.

I helped a friend fix the rusty windshield on his Eurovan recently.
It was a huge job welding and blasting and paint-match, etc..
Easily a couple-thousand worth of work over a couple of weekends.
It came out great, and he is stoked.
I thought how cool it was, that we worked really hard, out of my shop, to get the repair job perfect, and so it lasts.

Here,
Just last week,
He comes to me and says he wants my help painting the hood, so he can sell the car for more money.

Totally straight-faced..

It never even occurred to him that I did this for/with him, because I wanted to make a significant contribution to his automotive well-being,
Or to hook a brother up,
pay forward some cosmic karma, or..?
Whatever you wanted to call it.. It's hard to even give words.

I thought he wanted to keep his Eurovan into old age.
If I thought he was just going to flip it,
I never woulda done it like that.

Some people don't get this.
My friend is totally cool.
He's not a bad guy, and has helped me with other projects..
But,
You can bet I'm not painting his hood for him just so he can _maybe_ get a few more bucks selling it..

It's a totally different thing when you have to flip/sell vs. doing it as SOP.
I keep my junk.
Many don't.
Some don't even understand that the hook-up comes with a karmic righteousness.
Some use theirs up for a few bucks.
Some only pay it forward..

It's all where you fall along the scale, my people.

If you are of the universe,
Be grateful for this fact.
You coulda been one of THEM!

What’s That Noise?!?
pedro sainz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 63 Notchback Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
it hit 20K but not the reserve

I think 20K was a decent number. I know how many email I received when I listed mine. There are not many buyers out there, and despite the hype, type3's just don't sell fast or for a lot of money

in a way, thats good to me. less turn over...

Smile No Comment Smile
N.O.N.A member #3
The Truth is Out There
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 63 Notchback Reply with quote

Clatter wrote:
Man, there's a lot to this whole thing right here..

Many of us are far more personally invested in these things than what they should just be; Metal, rubber, plastic, etc.

Some don't think anything of getting the hook up so they can cash in.
It just doesn't occur to them.

I helped a friend fix the rusty windshield on his Eurovan recently.
It was a huge job welding and blasting and paint-match, etc..
Easily a couple-thousand worth of work over a couple of weekends.
It came out great, and he is stoked.
I thought how cool it was, that we worked really hard, out of my shop, to get the repair job perfect, and so it lasts.

Here,
Just last week,
He comes to me and says he wants my help painting the hood, so he can sell the car for more money.

Totally straight-faced..

It never even occurred to him that I did this for/with him, because I wanted to make a significant contribution to his automotive well-being,
Or to hook a brother up,
pay forward some cosmic karma, or..?
Whatever you wanted to call it.. It's hard to even give words.

I thought he wanted to keep his Eurovan into old age.
If I thought he was just going to flip it,
I never woulda done it like that.

Some people don't get this.
My friend is totally cool.
He's not a bad guy, and has helped me with other projects..
But,
You can bet I'm not painting his hood for him just so he can _maybe_ get a few more bucks selling it..

It's a totally different thing when you have to flip/sell vs. doing it as SOP.
I keep my junk.
Many don't.
Some don't even understand that the hook-up comes with a karmic righteousness.
Some use theirs up for a few bucks.
Some only pay it forward..

It's all where you fall along the scale, my people.

If you are of the universe,
Be grateful for this fact.
You coulda been one of THEM!

Some people are D*cks like that. How can I put it? well, I've given away for FREE, rare or NOS parts to many of my type 3 peers (can't call them friends) and they have sold off their cars and never bother to even buy me a beer.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sambaphil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 63 Notchback Reply with quote

When the reserve was not met, I was relieved. I love this Notch and we have some unfinished business.

With respect to this whole build thread, when I first read it I laughed out loud a number of times. It was like reading a script to a sitcom. What struck me the most was everyones desire to come together and revive a neglected classic VW (and all the funny shit that went along with it). Frenchy went from non-op run down notch on a trailer to an issue in Hot VW magazine. Pretty amazing in my book.

I have purchased VWs in need of full restorations, partials, or just just drive it (like Frenchy). For me, bringing back these classics for future generations to see, admire, drive, and own is going to take time and money no matter how you decide to participate. You win some, you lose some, but in the end its all really rewarding. I personally think everyone involved with building Frenchy should feel proud of the work you did. I can't thank you enough. I think its time to forgive, forget, make amends and admire the car you built...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Fight On!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=671945&highlight=

Single Port Samba Phil
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: 63 Notchback Reply with quote

sambaphil wrote:
I think its time to forgive, forget, make amends and admire the car you built...

Fight On!

On that same token, send Frenchy my way, he'll be a perfect bookend for my '65 ruby red sunroof squareback. I may pay or not but I will promise you it will be kept for future genererations to enjoy!

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Jump to:
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: