Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VSS installation from Fast Forward
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
darbykidd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: VSS installation from Fast Forward Reply with quote

I’m trying to figure out how to wire the VSS that I got from Fast Forward. I’ve searched around a little including looking at the directions for the GoWesty product. But I’m still a little unsure. The Fast forward instructions are a little vague for a “non-electrical” guy like me. I’m wondering if someone who has done this install can walk me through with more detailed instructions. I understand how to wire to Ground and to the ECU ( assuming I can determine what pin it is) but I’m not sure where or how to wire in for “12V switched power). Can someone help out? Thanks
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: VSS installation from Fast Forward Reply with quote

Hello, There are quite a few pictures in the gallery if you search VSS in the vanagon eurovan gallery. From there you can probably find some threads where others have done this. A picture of what you have would be helpful.
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: VSS installation from Fast Forward Reply with quote

darbykidd wrote:
.... I understand how to wire to Ground and to the ECU ( assuming I can determine what pin it is) but I’m not sure where or how to wire in for “12V switched power). Can someone help out? Thanks

What year Vanagon are you installing this in? What engine and engine management does it have? (e.g. 2.1 WBX with Digifant)

The switched power (positive) source you're looking for is often referred to as 15, 15 buss, keyed, so that should help your search. If it's a 1986+ van, this may help:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=709866&highlight=g2+power

On the older style fuse panel with the "bullet" euro fuses, connecting the VSS switched positive to an open male spade on the load end (end closest to driver) of a 15 switched fuse, should be ok.

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
darbykidd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: VSS installation from Fast Forward Reply with quote

I have an ‘85 auto w/Subaru EJ22. Sorry I should’ve mentioned that outright. I will check out the links mentioned. Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: