Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

goboness - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: goboness
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 18, 2024
ZanaEvyPapa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: goboness - [email protected] Reply with quote

SHORT STORY: I paid Joe for a rear-view mirror. I was told it was a mirror for a pre '83 mirror. He sent me a mk2 Jetta mirror. I asked for a refund. He refused, made up stuff saying the mirrors for Jettas and Vanagons were interchangeable and that I had mixed up the numbers. Utterly false. Didn't even take a second to acknowledge his mistake.

Look below for the correspondence.

AVOID THIS SELLER!

CORRESPONDENCE:
Daniel Alves <[email protected]>
RE: TheSamba.com Ad - Subaru Conversion
13 messages
J. G. <[email protected]> Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 6:06 PM
To: [email protected]
It's in great shape, it almost looks new.The reason for selling it was I bought the wrong one for my van. I have a 87' Westy. The mount part is bigger then the early mirrors. I was thinking $30+shipping. I have a paypal account. the e-mail is [email protected]. Let me know what you think. If a go then I will need your zip and I"ll send usps. Thanks for the interest. Joe

> Subject: TheSamba.com Ad - Subaru Conversion
> Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 09:47:21 -0700
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
>
> A visitor to TheSamba.com has replied to your ad for:
> Subaru Conversion Price: 2500
> at: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1103967
> and sent the following message:
> ***************************************************************************
>
> Contact: datrik - [email protected]
>
> hi,
> I'm interested in your rearview mirror for an 82 Vanagon. Do you have this part. What's the condition and price?
>
> thanks,
> Daniel
>
> This email was sent from the logged in user: datrik
> Their Samba profile can be seen at:
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=231031
> --- Avoid scams and fraud on the Internet ---
> Read http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253 for more details.
> If you have any questions about scams or the content of this email,
> please contact the site administrator at [email protected]
>
> Regards,
> TheSamba.com
> http://www.thesamba.com
>
Daniel Alves <[email protected]> Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 9:52 AM
To: "J. G." <[email protected]>
Hi Joe,

Sorry it's been a while. Do you still have the mirror? I just wanted to make sure before I sent the paypal money. How much is shipping? oh, also, what color is it?

thanks,
Daniel
[Quoted text hidden]
J. G. <[email protected]> Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Yeah I still have it and it's black.Shipping will be $6.Also I won't be shipping till this weekend. I'm working out of town this week. Thanks Daniel

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:52:00 -0400
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - Subaru Conversion
[Quoted text hidden]
Daniel Alves <[email protected]> Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:10 AM
just sent you $36. it might show it's from [email protected]. Well, if possible, please send via Priority Mail. I'm trying to get the van ready for a music festival next weekend. I'll send more $ to cover the shipping difference if necessary.

Any chance you have the kitchen light lens on a westy? I'm having a hell of a time finding that part.

Thanks,
Daniel
[Quoted text hidden]
J. G. <[email protected]> Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:46 AM
RIght on thanks I will send it when I get home friday. I was going to send it usps priority.thanks again joe

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:10:41 -0400
[Quoted text hidden]
J. G. <[email protected]> Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 7:06 PM
Hey Daniel I need your address , I didn't see it on Paypal. I just got back and i wanted to send it out today. I don't have those lens but I don't know if you know about Samba or Gowesty. I know for sure Gowesty has them new and Samba I've seen them on there used. Here's both links.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/
http://www.gowesty.com/
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:10:41 -0400
[Quoted text hidden]
Daniel Alves <[email protected]> Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Address is:

Daniel Alves
<removed>
Gainesville, fl 32601

Thank you.
[Quoted text hidden]
J. G. <[email protected]> Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 7:55 PM
Thanks man going to the post office right now.

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 19:43:01 -0400
[Quoted text hidden]
J. G. <[email protected]> Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 8:40 PM
Hey Daniel I sent it out, here's the tracking #0310 2010 0000 6207 7298 and it's going priority mail. It ended up being alittle more for shipping, but I said $6 so I'm not worried about it. So I hope you like it, and it should be there by Tuesday. Take care Joe

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 19:43:01 -0400
[Quoted text hidden]
Daniel Alves <[email protected]> Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 7:25 PM
hi joe,

I just got the mirror you sent me. It was shipped real quick. Thank you. Unfortunately it's not a vanagon mirror. It's a mirror for an mk2 jetta/golf. I knew right away from the looks of it that something was awry, but when I looked up the part number that's on the mounting plate I was confirmed. Will you accept a return? I will ship at my cost and you'll refund? Does that sound good?
Thanks,
Daniel

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 6:06 PM, J. G. <[email protected]> wrote:
[Quoted text hidden]

Daniel Alves <[email protected]> Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:02 AM
Hi Joe,
Did you miss my last email about the mirror? It's copied below. Please respond.
Thanks,
Daniel
[Quoted text hidden]
J. G. <[email protected]> Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:55 PM
Daniel the mirror is from an 83' and older but there is an easy way to mix numbers up because with early vanagons and jetta's have interchangable parts. The sale is final. I'm sorry but I sold you a vanagon mirror and that's all I can do. Take care Joe

Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:02:39 -0400
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - Subaru Conversion
[Quoted text hidden]
[email protected] <[email protected]> Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Well that stinks you are being so dismissive. I did not mix up numbers. The part numbers for the 85-92 Jettas and (pre 83)Vanagon are different. These models don't even overlap. I have an 82 Vanagon with the original mirror and it's not even close to the same mirror that you sent me. The mirror that you sent me is much smaller than a Vanagon mirror, has a completely different mounting orientation, and is made from a different type of plastic. I find it hard to believe that you think a 1985 Jetta would have the same rearview mirror as a Vanagon from 5 years earlier. It's one thing if I decided I didn't need the mirror and casually wanted to return it, but it's another for the seller to fraudulently ship an item that is different than the one they described. That's the position I can take. Honestly, I want to give you the benefit of the doubt by thinking that this is an honest mistake, that you mistakingly though this mirror was for a vanagon and that you shipped it thinking so. It seems you did not do your homework before you labelled it in your head as a Vanagon mirror and made it available to me. Please be honorable, admit your mistake and accept the return.

Sincerely,
Daniel
[Quoted text hidden]
goboness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Rearveiw mirror. Reply with quote

Just so people know I did give Mr. Alves his money back. I think he FAILED to say that. In this post. Thanks
ZanaEvyPapa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: true, but... Reply with quote

Correct, he did give me my money back, however money isn't the issue, it was his lack of honesty and service. He gave me a hard a time over several emails and that's what matters. The trouble of dealing with him was not worth my time, thoughts, or money.
goboness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: true, but... Reply with quote

ZanaEvyPapa wrote:
Correct, he did give me my money back, however money isn't the issue, it was his lack of honesty and service. He gave me a hard a time over several emails and that's what matters. The trouble of dealing with him was not worth my time, thoughts, or money.

Also when he did send the mirror back after me giving his money back. I got it back in a box with a mirror halfway out of the box and broken no packing in box just thrown in and sent. Mr Alves claimed it wasn't his responsibly. Mr Alves said I should have insured it when he was the one sending it back to me after I give him his money back over 6 months ago to try to make it right. So I think he did out anger instead of being the better man and letting go. I'm not perfect also I don't know everything and still learning vw thing, also trying to do the right thing to everyone.
jsmitch11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dealt with Joe several times and never had any problems. He is a good guy.
goboness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Good feedback: Reply with quote

This a local guy to whom I sold a power mirror -- I obliged him by installing it for him too, because he was not sure how to put it on. He is a new Samba member (I got him into it), and he was not knowledgable on how to post feedback, so I re-posted this email I got from him. Thanks for the great note, John!

Message follows:

VW parts‏
1/23/12
Reply ▼
John Giovine
Add to contacts
To [email protected]

Hello Joe--

I want to thank you for the Vanagon mirror I bought from you the other day. And a special thanks for installing it too! It brings me enormous relief every time I look over at my new outside mirror and can clearly see only where I've been... no more cracks and optical distortion, YAY!

I enjoyed your sharing VW tech tips with me too, it's cool to know that even after 30 years in the business theres still more to learn.

Again, many thanks.

Take care,

John
RIDEtheBUZZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: SmallCar Parts sold on Craigslist Reply with quote

Joe is a good guy, everything he described was accurate and packaged very well. He saved me a bundle of cash! I recommend this seller! A+
hop2itinaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Thanks J. G. Reply with quote

Wanted everyone to know that although we found that the shipping of the part was a ridiculous amount of money Joe did the right thing and immediately refunded my money for the part that was paid. It is a rare thing to find someone so quick to action in business these days. Thanks again!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wnatas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Vanagon front blower switch new Reply with quote

Very Good Communication. Fast shipping! I would buy again from this Seller.

Very Happy,

Thanks Joe.

William
jeffrodta11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: vw steering wheel Reply with quote

seller did very well buisness with me and nice vw steering wheel just as described! thanks
willy-16
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: goboness Reply with quote

Thanks by your action to overseas delivery..from chile A+
WLD*WSTY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: glovebox latch Reply with quote

Good communications, quick shipping, item as described, no problems!! Very Happy

Larry H.
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts exactly as described, great communication, perfect transaction. Can't ask for much more than that.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
Toby's_Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: goboness - [email protected] Reply with quote

goboness purchased a mustache bar from me, payment was fast and communication was good. Thanks for the easy transaction!
RobT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I answered a WTB ad and talked to Joe on the phone. Nice guy, no issues.

RobT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeffsab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: goboness - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought some parts from Joe. Great communication, good experience, and a nice guy.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: